Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Speed is one thing, but I can't wait for the possible release of a media edition.
I just hooked up XP Media Center on my Vaio (2.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 512 Video card). I have to admit, it's pretty slick. It's EASY to use and full featured. I KNOW Apple can do better, but for now I have to use it. I still use the Formac converter to record "important" things on the Mac since it delivers it in DV format and not WMP. But for the dough you CAN'T beet Media Center.
This Mac-Addict is hard to impress with XP gear too. I don't say this lightly, trust me. XP is an ABOMINATION.

danp

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Bargain?

I popped into the Apple store in Bluewater and was lucky enough to pick up a customer returned 1.42Ghz/512Mb/80Gb/Combo/AP+BT Mac mini for £350.

Took it home - low and behold, its the 1.5Ghz with 64Mb 9200 and 5400 RPM hard drive. Very chuffed at this price, even taking into account the impending x86 minis.

As a first time Mac user and general Windows-techie type, I have to say I'm very impressed with my new mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.