Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Seemingly everyone demands innovation from Apple, especially the press. Not sure an iWatch fits the bill.

Seems to me perfecting existing products and improving the ecosystem is innovation. If Apple were not pushing the PC industry or the mobile phone industry we'd still be using junk. New product categories are hard to come by. I think if Apple does release an iWatch a lot of people will be disappointed.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Wow MR, that mockup you included in the article is the worst I've seen. Let's take the shape of the iPhone and put a band on it. I mean ugly. There are 1000s of mockups out there, I know you need to cycle through them, but why pick that one?

When I first saw the iPod Touch Nano I was so excited! I thought it ran iOS. I was so disappointed when I found out it couldn't run apps and didn't have internet connectivity even over Bluetooth. I wish they'd put iOS on the Nano. That with a band on it and I just might carry it around somehow, though probably not on my wrist. Maybe a necklace. iNecklace. Hm. I own the copyright to iNecklace now BTW.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Wow MR, that mockup you included in the article is the worst I've seen. Let's take the shape of the iPhone and put a band on it. I mean ugly. There are 1000s of mockups out there, I know you need to cycle through them, but why pick that one?

Seemingly everyone demands innovation from Apple, especially the press. Not sure an iWatch fits the bill.

Seems to me perfecting existing products and improving the ecosystem is innovation. If Apple were not pushing the PC industry or the mobile phone industry we'd still be using junk. New product categories are hard to come by. I think if Apple does release an iWatch a lot of people will be disappointed.

I had PocketPCs and phones by Dell and Motorola and HP that were decidedly not junk long before the iPhone came out, that had superior voice quality and could do things then, a decade ago, that the iPhone still can't do. I could argue that iPhone dumbed down expectations and hindered growth and innovation overall because it started the trend towards people wanting new shiny instead of quality and capabilities.

----------

I think I beat you to that... one post a long time ago, I mentioned the necklace idea.... so maybe we can share the royalties???

Drat! I'll see you in court MoFo!

And also I now own copyright to iTooth. And iEye.

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Now we just need some FUD on iPads to make the day complete. :D

I heard a rumor that Jony forgot to design the volume up button (the volume down button is finished -- trust me, they're totally different) and this is going to delay the new iPad until after the heat death of the universe. Poor Apple, when will they ever learn...

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I heard a rumor that Jony forgot to design the volume up button (the volume down button is finished -- trust me, they're totally different) and this is going to delay the new iPad until after the heat death of the universe. Poor Apple, when will they ever learn...

Apple is DOOMED! :mad:

tokenuser

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Earlier this week, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo released a report claiming Apple may not launch the iWatch until 2015 due to manufacturing difficulties associated with the new device. A follow-up report from Taiwan's Economic Daily News (via G 4 Games) echoes this assertion with supply chain information hinting at an early 2015 debut for Apple's wearable device.
Yes, it is an echo. But its not new information and two sources, repeating the findings in the same report does not make the report more plausible.

The only thing we do know at this point is that security surrounding the iWatch is tight. There is supply chain data which people can make inferences from, but there are no absolutes. No leaks of the devices, no leaks of the announce date, no leaks of a release date.

Only unsupported speculation.

I wonder how the Androidwear watches are going and whether numbers will be actual sales or number of units released to sales channels.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal

Agreed

Now watch the apple lovers suddenly change their tune when the iWatch sales are below expectations

Oh it's a "hobby" product like the Apple TV

That's just bs

rasputin1969

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Earlier this year Eddy Cue touted that Apple had 'the best product pipeline' in 25 years coming this year'. So far we've seen -

1. Minor speed bump to laptops.
... And that's it.

Let's be clear hear, Cue openly said that 2014 would see more impressive products than in 2010(iPad), 2007(iPhone&iPod Touch), 2001(iPod) and 1998 (iMac).

What's going on?

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Earlier this year Eddy Cue touted that Apple had 'the best product pipeline' in 25 years coming this year'. So far we've seen -

1. Minor speed bump to laptops.
... And that's it.

Let's be clear hear, Cue openly said that 2014 would see more impressive products than in 2010(iPad), 2007(iPhone&iPod Touch), 2001(iPod) and 1998 (iMac).

What's going on?

Perhaps he was referring to some actual pipeline that they use to send products between the offices?

MinkyMomo

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
California, USA
I think I beat you to that... one post a long time ago, I mentioned the necklace idea.... so maybe we can share the royalties???

Unfortunately for you, this gentleman may have a prior claim...

Attachments

• flav2.jpg
    flav2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Apple will rule if-
Makes a beautiful iPhone 6
Makes a beautiful Mac Mini
Makes a beautiful retina iMac
Makes a beautiful Apple TV
Makes a beautiful ipads (same design but slimmer, and with 2GB RAM)
Makes a beautiful 12" retina Macbook Air

For me will put Apple to the biggest improvements for the last 2-3 years

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
Except that it won't be called iWatch. It will be called iTime or iWrist or something cleverer. iWatch is just too cheesy.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Agreed

Now watch the apple lovers suddenly change their tune when the iWatch sales are below expectations

That's just bs

*Looks at post history*

Why are you even posting here? Literally all of your comments are negative. I hope you find a way to become happier, that doesn't seem sane to me.

Sorry for judging, but really I feel like the world would be a better place if everybody tried to focus on positivity a bit more.

Dr. Scott

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2010
I love me some mock-ups... Antenna signal strength icons? :rolleyes:
Wouldn't that be something?

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Let's not forget that the original iphone took about 2.5-3 years to be ready.
So better later than earlier

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Agreed

That's just bs

Honestly I think Apple has a great lineup of products . I'm not clamoring for an iWatch, but I'm excited to see it .

As long as the products are fast, powerful, have long battery life and can sync together seamlessly, that's what I mostly care about . Just being able to use the products without frustration .

I think Apple should axe the 4s and 5c, non-Retina MBP and iPod classic . With the classic it would be nice if they put flash storage inside of it 128GB, slimmed it down and put Lightning in it .

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Why don't apple just skip 2014 entirely, giving them an extra year to finish all off. So far this year they managed to release a downscaled version of 2 products and dump some extra ram in a macbook pro and air...and from all the iphone leaks it sort of looks like they´ve not put much pride into that product either this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.