Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
For you to read the article and then post shows that you do.

No, it shows I read some text and replied to it. Show me how that means I "care", please.

Also, I feel everyone is being misdirected and distracted by the whole "watch" element... I think Apple have something coming from left-field - something entirely unexpected, which noone will see coming, unrelated to watches or wrists altogether.

Just a common sense guess - they never do what you expect, so why try and predict them? One thing is for SURE, whatever is being "predicted" is a million miles away from anything that's coming, I guarantee it.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
My wrist is ready.

iwatchmockup.jpg

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Honestly I think Apple has a great lineup of products . I'm not clamoring for an iWatch, but I'm excited to see it .

As long as the products are fast, powerful, have long battery life and can sync together seamlessly, that's what I mostly care about . Just being able to use the products without frustration .

I think Apple should axe the 4s and 5c, non-Retina MBP and iPod classic . With the classic it would be nice if they put flash storage inside of it 128GB, slimmed it down and put Lightning in it .

I think that we should all wait for a great product and not have apple arm twisted for a new product.

We can survive without an iWatch just fine

----------

*Looks at post history*

Why are you even posting here? Literally all of your comments are negative. I hope you find a way to become happier, that doesn't seem sane to me.

Sorry for judging, but really I feel like the world would be a better place if everybody tried to focus on positivity a bit more.

I'm a realist my friend.

Sure - let's focus on the positive

Life continues without a watch.

I'll be ready for an iPhone 6 but I don't expect anything breakthrough anymore. We've hit a plateau.

Btw my posts are meant to be humorous

tbrand7

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2013
New York
Just like the iPhone in 2007, it's may be announced several months before it is actually released to the public....

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
The world churns out mock ups and grossly formed cock ups,
whilst Tim and Co laugh, coz' of what's in their lock-ups.

So sit around guessing, debating and stressing,
each stab that you take is just plainly confessing,
that you, like each one of us, hasn't a clue,
and the more you deny it, the more it is true.

There's nowt you can do, so just wait it out,
there's no need to argue, or bicker, or shout,
not one of us knows of the secrets they hold,
so don't be a know it all, noone's been told.

Forget the imagined in products you seek,
you may wait a decade, you may wait a week,
but one thing holds true in the world of uncertain,
what is or what isn't, you can't pull that curtain,
so give it a rest, stop guessing and failing,
your laughable "concepts" are a lesson in failing.

If concepts you seek, and concepts you build,
3d printer suppliers - I'm sure - will be thrilled.

I must say goodbye, my rhyme has run out,
I'm sure you'll be glad, with a cheery old shout :)

If rhyme was a crime, I'd be doing time,
but rhyme ain't a gun, in fact, it's MORE FUN.

Adios and good night, now... back to your sh... shhhh... shenanigans :p

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
Nobody cares. Seriously, they don't.

Seriously, I do. I'm a runner and an Apple guy so I'm looking forward to what this thing, if it exists, can do.

That said, it may only be me and 6-7 other people, but that doesn't qualify as 'nobody'. :p

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I'm still not convinced by this 2015 stuff.

I would be genuinely shocked if Apple miss the Xmas 2014 shopping window for this device.

IMO, it makes one of those perfect impulse buys and even if you're not in a store, you will absolutely have heard if it and because it's not like a phone that may or may not be carrier specific, it can just be bought without any compatibility worries.

I still think it will be released for Christmas 2014.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
I had PocketPCs and phones by Dell and Motorola and HP that were decidedly not junk long before the iPhone came out, that had superior voice quality and could do things then, a decade ago, that the iPhone still can't do. I could argue that iPhone dumbed down expectations and hindered growth and innovation overall because it started the trend towards people wanting new shiny instead of quality and capabilities.

I had an early model iPaq from Compaq and as much as it was a huge upgrade from the Palm Pilots of the day, I would never say it was superior to even what the first iPhone offered.

I remember when I got the first iPhone, I dumped the HP (blackberry knockoff) I was using for work, because the iPhone was so far superior for the things I used the phone for - including email, web browsing and for music. Showing the iPhone to a friend and colleague, who happened to be a big crackberry supporter, she was embarrassed when we made the side by side comparison of the two looking at and composing emails and browsing the web.

I would also suggest that the idea that voice service was better in years past is only partly true. It wasn't long ago that all carriers had more than their fare share of gaps in service and doing simple things like moving positions resulted in lost calls. Was it an improvement over the past when we had to find pay phones to make calls when traveling - of course, but don't think that the "good old days" were great compared to today. Perhaps having less people with cell phones made what signals there were better for some calls, but it was by no means better service than today.

And although Apple didn't invent the smartphone, don't confuse what previous tech companies did as being as groundbreaking as the iPhone was and continues to be, because the leap that Apple made was so far ahead of everyone else at the time.

I would suggest that Apple's jump ahead of the competition could be compared to the Motorola Dynatac. It was so groundbreaking that it was as if there wasn't any real competition (in the case of the Dynatac, there wasn't). I remember using one for work - it was liberating being able to call back to the office without having to find a payphone or calling my wife from the plane...because I could.

Well considering how the iWatch will likely be announced 3-6 months prior to release based on history (3 months for iPad, 6 months for iPhone), even if it were to be announced in the rumored sept/oct that would correlate with an actual product launch of december-to-march. It'd be difficult for apple to launch in december, for holiday season purposes, so I could easily see a january/february timeframe.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
I don't think I'd wear a smartwatch if i got one for free. If I were ever going to wear a watch it would be a classy stylish one purely for aesthetics. Would I ever stare down at my watch to listen to music or browse the web? Hell no.

KohPhiPhi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2011
I cant get my head around the whole Smart Watch thing to be honest. I just cannot see myself using it for any "smart" purpose - I always carry my iPhone with me anyway, so why would I read an email off my watch if I can do it far more comfortably off my phone?

I dunno, I guess I'm missing the point, but I dont get it...

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I am convinced that this iWatch is not coming any time soon. I mean that is some crazy doubling down since there have been absolutly no credible leaks.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Maybe the Apple 2014 hardware pipeline won't be quite as busy as hinted at by Tim Cook.

[ ] iPhone 6 4.7 inch
[ ] iPhone 6 5.5 inch
[ ] New iPads
[ ] New Apple TV
[ ] iWatch
[ ] New Mac Mini
[ ] New Retina MacBook Air
[ ] Minor speed bumps for Retina MacBook Pros
[ ] Minor speed bumps for iMac
[ ] Retina Cinema Display

—is probably what we all hoped for and believed could realistically happen. It certainly would qualify as a busy 2014. But, as several of these products are long overdue it is not unrealistic – just take a quick look at all the 'Caution' and 'Don't Buy' signs on MacRumors Buyer's Guide.

[ ] iPhone 6 4.7 inch
[ ] New iPads
[ ] Minor speed bumps for Retina MacBook Pros

—is perhaps all we are going to get.

I for one will be seriously disappointed if that is how 2014 turns out.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I had PocketPCs and phones by Dell and Motorola and HP that were decidedly not junk long before the iPhone came out, that had superior voice quality and could do things then, a decade ago, that the iPhone still can't do. I could argue that iPhone dumbed down expectations and hindered growth and innovation overall because it started the trend towards people wanting new shiny instead of quality and capabilities.

I had an early model iPaq from Compaq and as much as it was a huge upgrade from the Palm Pilots of the day, I would never say it was superior to even what the first iPhone offered.

I remember when I got the first iPhone, I dumped the HP (blackberry knockoff) I was using for work, because the iPhone was so far superior for the things I used the phone for - including email, web browsing and for music. Showing the iPhone to a friend and colleague, who happened to be a big crackberry supporter, she was embarrassed when we made the side by side comparison of the two looking at and composing emails and browsing the web.

I would also suggest that the idea that voice service was better in years past is only partly true. It wasn't long ago that all carriers had more than their fare share of gaps in service and doing simple things like moving positions resulted in lost calls. Was it an improvement over the past when we had to find pay phones to make calls when traveling - of course, but don't think that the "good old days" were great compared to today. Perhaps having less people with cell phones made what signals there were better for some calls, but it was by no means better service than today.

And although Apple didn't invent the smartphone, don't confuse what previous tech companies did as being as groundbreaking as the iPhone was and continues to be, because the leap that Apple made was so far ahead of everyone else at the time.

I would suggest that Apple's jump ahead of the competition could be compared to the Motorola Dynatac. It was so groundbreaking that it was as if there wasn't any real competition (in the case of the Dynatac, there wasn't). I remember using one for work - it was liberating being able to call back to the office without having to find a payphone or calling my wife from the plane...because I could.

Ya but there's nothing quite like the experience of making a collect call from a payphone and hearing the first words from the parental unit being: "Now what!?"

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Okay..... People new to IT ..... Just to be clear analyst does it equal BS. If you continue down the IT development path you will meet real analysts.... Keep ghetto faith.

----------

I think the iWatch will be released at the same time as the 50 inch iTV ;)

So never

As the TV side is completely messed up with rights issues....

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Whoa - Tim Cook, Eddie Cue, Phil Schiller have clearly stated that this dramatic / greatest ever pipeline will be releasing new products in late Fall 2013 and throughout 2014.

2014 is 67% over.

Tim Cook used the word "throughout". When did Eddy or Phil say that?

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
I don't see a purpose for an iWatch in my life. Just seems like one more gadget for the sake of having one more gadget. No real usefulness.

Between my iPhone and may Macs, I don't even have a use for an iPad.

dansix

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
Earlier this year Eddy Cue touted that Apple had 'the best product pipeline' in 25 years coming this year'. So far we've seen -

1. Minor speed bump to laptops.
... And that's it.

Let's be clear hear, Cue openly said that 2014 would see more impressive products than in 2010(iPad), 2007(iPhone&iPod Touch), 2001(iPod) and 1998 (iMac).

What's going on?

They are buying time without Steve Jobs, because without him, they're out of good ideas. It's not like Steve was just another Apple employee. He was a visionary. How do you replace a visionary? Market research? Hahaha... ya right. I see Apple coming up with more stupid products like the iWatch. Seriously, why would you need an iWatch if you have an iPhone? Let me update my contacts on my watch... wait, should I use my phone or watch??? They are almost mutually exclusive.

If they really want to eliminate the competition, they need to add more depth/complexity to their productivity apps like Pages, etc. to compete with Office and Google Apps... maybe change the auto industry too... and then there's payments, I mean, who in their right mind likes using a credit/debit card and having to answer stupid questions (is this the correct amount?) every time you buy something at the grocery store?

Ericstephen

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
A million a month? Is the iwatch a car? The world's biggest company can produce more than 1mil/mo of a product that his been in the works for 3 years, no matter what obstacles they have to overcome in the mfg process.

----------

I don't see a purpose for an iWatch in my life. Just seems like one more gadget for the sake of having one more gadget. No real usefulness.

Between my iPhone and may Macs, I don't even have a use for an iPad.

I have the same felling, sort of, but I'm buying so I can keep my phone in my pocket most of the day. A lot easier glancing at alerts on your wrist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.