Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Most wanted?

• Assassins Creed

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Alan Wake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halo 3

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Bio Shock

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Half-Life : the orange box

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Fable 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Mass effect

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • GTA IV

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • These all suck, but I want to be heard damn it!

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Assassins Creed
Alan Wake
Halo 3
Bio Shock
Half-Life : the orange box
Fable 2
Mass effect
GTA IV

There are lots of great 360 games coming out soon(ish). (I've only listed the ones I'm interested in.) Which one are you most looking forward to and why?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
None.

Alan Wake looks most promising IMO, but I'm still unsure what the gameplay is like or what the story is. I'd anticipate Halo 3 if Halo 2 was up to scratch.

Won't stop me buying them though. The above 2 are certain buys so long as I don't hear they're absolutely terrible.

I'm really not looking forward to HL2. How on earth is that going to be playable? It's one of the most precise and frantic shooters going. I just can't see it being an ounce as fun as the PC version.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Halo 3-Its Halo...thats enough for me

Mass Effect- Looks good from what I've seen, kind of like KOTOR(they made the 1st I think) so I'd buy it

KOTOR 3-It better come out, and I'm guess its an Xbox 360 game.

Star Wars:The Force Unleashed-Looks really good..its for PS3 also, but I'm more likely have an Xbox 360 first, so I'll buy it for thats

Star Wars BattleFront 3- This is just a guess again but I really really like the first 2.

Their isn't much else for the Xbox 360 which I need....maybe I'm forgeting some of them..still 360 is worth it for Halo 3 alone IMO

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
System Shock 2 was the scariest game I have ever played, and so my hopes are extremely high for BioShock.

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR
Even though I voted Halo 3, it's nearly a stand off with Assassin's Creed.

I'm actually surprised more people haven't mentioned AC. Personally, I think it looks incredible :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If the rumours are true, Final Fantasy XIII. I don't own a 360 but I'm prepared to get one for XIII :D

And before you say it, no I don't want a PS3 :rolleyes:

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
These are in a specific order

Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Mass Effect
Two Worlds
Halo3

Assasisn Creed (Honorable Mention - want to see Gameplay, coop, other features before I decide)

of note I am curious about eternal sonata but if turns out to be another typical bullsh$t JRPG it can rot for all I care

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2006
None.

Alan Wake looks most promising IMO, but I'm still unsure what the gameplay is like or what the story is. I'd anticipate Halo 3 if Halo 2 was up to scratch.

Won't stop me buying them though. The above 2 are certain buys so long as I don't hear they're absolutely terrible.

I'm really not looking forward to HL2. How on earth is that going to be playable? It's one of the most precise and frantic shooters going. I just can't see it being an ounce as fun as the PC version.

We already know you don't like the 360 so why post anything.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
We already know you don't like the 360 so why post anything.

Well forget what I said about Alan Wake and forgive me having doubts about Halo 3 after the disastrous story in Halo 2. ;) And if you actually did look around this place you would have spotted my very positive comments about GTA4, so please. Don't jump in like that.

Hey here's an idea before I report you, instead of picking out comments from other users why not contribute to the thread. It's getting tiring seeing you hound out my comments without actually talking about the topic in hand.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Halo 3 followed by GTA IV....come on, even at best "good gaming stories" are still gaming stories. They're a bit childish, cheesy, and predictable...there are very, very few exceptions. They're great entertainment, but not Kaufman.

Halo 2 took the gameplay for 1 up a notch...online/multi player was great which is what most normal folks play these games for. Three should take all that and all they've learned with Live and take it up even more. That's a good thing. Plus Bungie themselves have talked a little about their disappointment in 2 so I'm sure it's going to be a different direction.

Paul

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Exactly. I heard the maps and battles will be more like Halo 1 than 2. I'm still not jumping blindly into it. I got Halo 2 on launch day without reading about the single player. But for Bungie to acknowledge they went wrong is music to my ears. I just hope we don't see Halo 3 Episode 1 anytime soon :D

Is GTA4 a 360/PS3 exclusive? No PC version?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Halo 2 took the gameplay for 1 up a notch...online/multi player was great which is what most normal folks play these games for.

I'd doubt that, I'd imagine the majority of 360 owners play single-player exclusively.

I don't have exact figures, but even the total number of Xbox Live subscribers looks low to me, and many of those may never have played a multiplayer game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.