Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
^

lol

My faith has been somewhat restored. I played with a few cool guys who don't spazz out on the mic and actually were a lot of fun to play co-op with since they actually had like strategy :eek: and communicated what they planned on doing so I could do what needed to be done, etc. Overall it much better experience :)

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2006
Racism works both ways and all ways. Most people from outside America just hate us because we are different or they are jealous they don't have the same freedoms. Try living in Venezuela? Hugo Chavez put my friends parents(teachers) in prison because they tried to tell the truth about America and the world. Some great country that is.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Most people from outside America just hate us because we are different or they are jealous they don't have the same freedoms.

Comments like this are one of the leading causes of anti-Americanism. :(

Anyway, I don't play XBL much, but I rarely get the kids. I play mostly ghost recon and the like, and I never play ranked games. The only bad dude I ever met was a team killer, and he got kicked.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
It's stories like these that remind me why I stick to good ol' fashioned sitting around a single console with a bunch of mates and a few cans of beer.

(Four player Goldeneye on the N64 is still the zenith. Or maybe it's Bomberman!)

P.S. Does Xbox Live have an 'ignore list' feature so that you can 'ban' these people from your games?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Well if you play in the family oriented "zone" then you should be fine. I don't know about kicking people (I don't play on Live - no gamer card yet), but if its not in there it should be. If someones being an arse in my house I will kick them out. Only fair I should be able to do it online too.

Goldeneye became TimeSplitters 2 for us :) Anaconda!

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Comments like this are one of the leading causes of anti-Americanism. :(

Anyway, I don't play XBL much, but I rarely get the kids. I play mostly ghost recon and the like, and I never play ranked games. The only bad dude I ever met was a team killer, and he got kicked.

The fact you call your country America pretty much says why there is anti-"americanism"

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
You don't have to take down their GamerTag.... just go to your "Recently Played List" (right most tab where your Friends are listed).

Then submit a review of file a complaint... it's easy, fast, and effective. ;)

Yeah, just do this...Hao's right. Reporting people is the best thing to do; not only does it alert the Live people of the offending people, but it also reduces the likelihood that you'll ever play that person again.

I finally got Live Gold again over the weekend, and had a pretty pleasant experience. Some moron kid called my Pac-Man CE avatar "dumb" but I just rolled my eyes and watched him proceed to make an ass of himself with his Vision Camera while trying to pick up a girl who was playing who also had a Vision Camera. Stupid kids...:rolleyes:

XNine

macrumors 68040

#1, I hear kids like that on XBL all the time, and I'm just praying to god that their room catches fire while they sleep, or their father comes and beats the hell out of them so I can hear them crying.

#2. Any parent who lets their kid, who's under 14 play on XBL on mature games, should be shot in the head. It's become Digital Daycare and I get so tired of these dumbass kids. IF you're a parent, please, for God's sake, send your kid outside to play in the dirt, I don't want to hear them.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I play a fair amount of CoD3 online and I find the language atrocious. The vast majority of foul-mouthed players are very young. They drop n-bombs and use every foul word in the language. Sad.....very sad.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I have an idea...

Wii + Super Smash brawl :)

Did you even read the topic or other posters? Your post has nothing to with it :rolleyes:

Oni, I agree with you on all your points. Basically there are parents out there that think a 360 or PS3 is an electronic babysitter.

Parental responsibility, or lack thereof is to blame here.

Ed

XNine

macrumors 68040
Did you even read the topic or other posters? Your post has nothing to with it :rolleyes:

Oni, I agree with you on all your points. Basically there are parents out there that think a 360 or PS3 is an electronic babysitter.

Parental responsibility, or lack thereof is to blame here.

Ed

Aye. It's one thing for someone's kid to come and play a ranked game with me, talk a little trash, ask some questions if I'm leading the way, etc. It's another if I hear their kid talking worse than I do. I don't use any racial epitaphs in my vulgarity, unless I'm joking amongst friends (they call me a kraut, I call them poles or wops, you know how that is). But for me to hear a kid make fun of someone else because of where they're from makes me realize just how sad humanity really is. It's 2007 and these kids think it's okay to say "jap" "******" or anything else they may think is funny, or that it's okay to use such language to insult someone else. Yet, the music I hear blaring in the background of their mics is rap and their playing a japanese-made video game. Clueless dolts.

I'm quite amazed that the human race has lasted this long.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Aye. It's one thing for someone's kid to come and play a ranked game with me, talk a little trash, ask some questions if I'm leading the way, etc. It's another if I hear their kid talking worse than I do. I don't use any racial epitaphs in my vulgarity, unless I'm joking amongst friends (they call me a kraut, I call them poles or wops, you know how that is). But for me to hear a kid make fun of someone else because of where they're from makes me realize just how sad humanity really is. It's 2007 and these kids think it's okay to say "jap" "******" or anything else they may think is funny, or that it's okay to use such language to insult someone else. Yet, the music I hear blaring in the background of their mics is rap and their playing a japanese-made video game. Clueless dolts.

I'm quite amazed that the human race has lasted this long.

I totally agree with you. Those kids are the first ones to get muted. But overall most people are really nice and (within reason) pretty polite. But then again most of my chatting is done in team games.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
senior year of high school, well, last year :)P) in my lit class, we had a heated match of Mario Kart DS going on with 6 people, and this guy had been getting stomped the whole time. He passed me and won the last race, and let it slip big-- "RAPED YOU, B***H, RAPED YOU IN THE A**!"
Yeah, luckily our instructor was extremely chill, she just gave him the worst look ever, but didn't do anything.

Gaming can bring out the worst in people. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.