Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lfaa

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2019
Something that annoyed me with Music from the beginning is the automatic downloading of thumbnails you see for each artists when you go to 'All Artists'. I disabled the "Automatic update artwork for imported song" a long time ago, but it seems that from time to time Music gets a portrait of an artist and put it in that small circle. grrrr. But the worst is that Music recently put a portrait which is wrong: the guy on the picture is definetaly not Corin Dingley from Alpha... Apple's AI? What a piece of b...t this software. Any solution to remove this picture ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 16.35.04.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 16.35.04.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 35

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
My MBA is nagging me to perform an update to 14.4.1 (I'm running 14.2.1). Can anyone that has updated tell me if the column filtering issue has been ironed out? I'm not going to update until it has.
I can't tell, I'm trying to get the playlist that completely disappeared off my iPhone back on it by manually syncing to my Mac (where a completely different playlist disappeared until I turned off all Cloud syncing/Apple Music functionality).

George Zip

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
I may be in the wrong forum for this, but the 14.5 update completely broke Music on my MacBook Pro (M1 Max).

A bit after running the 14.5 updater, I tried to launch Music. The main screen opens but there's no content or load-in, then a "Checking Music Library..." pop-up (which runs for a moment), then it crashes. I send the report to Apple. I'll do this about half a dozen times and then give up. After another restart a few hours later, I try again; same situation.
I've booted into Recovery and checked things; no issues found.

Hopefully a fix in a .1 update; I'd really rather not go the "Clean Reinstall macOS" route (I can't recall ever having done that before)

• Wow
Reactions: derekww

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Updated to 14.3. When the searching using the filter field, the results are still displayed but in column view, the Artist/Album/Genre/etc fields do not change anymore. This makes it a bit trickier if you wanted to drill down by artist and filter for instance.
Still not resolved in macOS 14.5... I'm wondering if it's just me. Can someone check?

Prior to macOS 14.3, when searching Songs view or any playlist with Column Browser enabled, the Genres/Artists/Albums columns would also filter at the same time as the main list of results. Now only the main results filter.

Maybe it's intentional or no one else cares. :p

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 14.25.21.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 14.25.21.png
    663.8 KB · Views: 6

brevion

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2024
Still not resolved in macOS 14.5... I'm wondering if it's just me. Can someone check?

Prior to macOS 14.3, when searching Songs view or any playlist with Column Browser enabled, the Genres/Artists/Albums columns would also filter at the same time as the main list of results. Now only the main results filter.

Maybe it's intentional or no one else cares. :p
Can confirm this behavior on my end as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.