Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Having issues where Matched albums arent playing Lossless despite being matched to the correct lossless Music version. Can play within Music (vs Library) fine with the Lossless logo appearing, but once I click download its in AAC.

Only saying becdause its hit me a few times in the past week with albums that were fine when I added them. It's not across the board, but when I have to re-add several albums from different artists its becoming a trend...

gave up and just deleted my local version and added the Music version to library. :/

(yes I filed feedback with apple on it, not like they'll do anything)

hifivoice

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Scrolling results in album art becoming severely scrambled. This is so 2024... I'm really wondering what sort of testing these guys are doing, if testing at all...

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 21.14.41.jpg

v 1.4.3.27 (part of Sonoma 14.3)

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I've noticed that art 'line' glitch on occasion but not sure what triggers it, usually just goes away when scrolling, right?

side note, but Apple Music for Windows finally came out today, and its lossless, and.....its snappier than the Mac version. Even search is speedy as hell, unlike on Mac. Nice transition animations, too. All meta data, art, 5 star ratings, etc seems to have transitioned perfectly.

This is a cosmic joke

Jashue

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
Syracuse
I posted this elsewhere— in a sub-forum where which the issue isn't as relevant and I was directed here as an alternative...
Searching a local library while making use of the column browser seems to be broken with the latest release.
Attached is a screen shot of search results from my iMac's local library (on the left) and my MBP's local library (on the right).
Both show adequate results in the main window, but the iMac doesn't filter the three supplemental panes. The MBP clearly does.
Did I screw up a setting somewhere, or has the latest update broken the feature?
The version on the iMac is 1.4.3.27 and the version on the MBP is the older 1.4.2.83
Has anyone else observed this? It's bugging the hell out of me. I never realized how important this feature was to me until now (that it's gone).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 6.32.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 6.32.27 PM.png
    515.3 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: toppershull

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I posted this elsewhere— in a sub-forum where which the issue isn't as relevant and I was directed here as an alternative...
Searching a local library while making use of the column browser seems to be broken with the latest release.
Attached is a screen shot of search results from my iMac's local library (on the left) and my MBP's local library (on the right).
Both show adequate results in the main window, but the iMac doesn't filter the three supplemental panes. The MBP clearly does.
Did I screw up a setting somewhere, or has the latest update broken the feature?
The version on the iMac is 1.4.3.27 and the version on the MBP is the older 1.4.2.83
Has anyone else observed this? It's bugging the hell out of me. I never realized how important this feature was to me until now (that it's gone).

Can confirm same on my macbook running the latest build

results work, but the column options on top dont narrow down

Reactions: toppershull

berniemacmac

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2019
Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-25 um 06.52.55.png

I have the problem that when I am in the title view and want to edit a song, the input field is displayed over the entire window. Not across the column width as in previous versions.
Is there a trick and does anyone have an idea how to change this?

hifivoice

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
I've noticed that art 'line' glitch on occasion but not sure what triggers it, usually just goes away when scrolling, right?
It places the line glitches at another place, or sometimes removes them, it's completely arbitrary, at least I cannot detect some logic behind it.

Reactions: Lvivske

migoelo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2023
Hello everyone, it was suggested that I present my contribution here again

On my MacBook Pro (macOS latest version) the music app crashes reproducibly when I try to enlarge the window downwards. Is this a known issue, and if not should it be reported regardless of the crash report? Thank you

Michi

ntlman

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2005
Is anyone else having issues with Apple Music moving songs you add to a playlist out of order? I have this happen if I select a whole album, only to see it in random order in the playlist after I save the playlist. Even if I individually add songs 1x1, I will see songs that I selected out of order from others for no reason.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Is anyone else having issues with Apple Music moving songs you add to a playlist out of order? I have this happen if I select a whole album, only to see it in random order in the playlist after I save the playlist. Even if I individually add songs 1x1, I will see songs that I selected out of order from others for no reason.

I've noticed when dragging and dropping tracks to rearrange the order, it will put the song 1 higher where i wanted. If I put the song at the top of the list, it goes "one further" and straight to the bottom.

DHeckeler

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2024
We've had nothing but issues since upgrading a late 2020 MacBook Pro to the new M3 MacBook Pro and trying to use our music files. We had been using iTunes with Retroactive which doesn't work with Sonoma. So we finally made the switch over to Music. After about a week of letting the program import the giant iTunes library everything was fine. Then about a week later after importing new music the program randomly drops all artists M-Z. We have a giant library (~12TB), which I know isn't normal. How can we get a working program again. I don't understand what OCLP is/does, but if it will make the library workable then I'm all in. Can someone help? Happy to pay to find a solution. Music or iTunes, I don't care as long as it works again. Thanks!

DHeckeler

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2024
Retroactive 2.1 lets iTunes work on Sonoma! Is there anyway to get the Music Library file to work in iTunes? There is about two months of added music.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Retroactive 2.1 lets iTunes work on Sonoma! Is there anyway to get the Music Library file to work in iTunes? There is about two months of added music.
No, you can't import Music library into iTunes. Just sort by date in iTunes and Finder and drag and drop to add into iTunes the files you are missing.

68000/030

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Am I missing something, or you can't remove the album art from files now (eg if you wanted to replace it with higher quality one)?

I also can't understand, why when you buy music from iTunes store, the files don't have cover art in the tags, but rather embedded somewhere in the Music app (or filesystem? I don't really know). Everything outside system apps sees the files as coverless and I have to use third party application to edit that properly. Insanity.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
I have been trying to use "Music" on "Sonoma" for some months and come to the conclusion that "Apple" do not give a "sh*t" about any functionality other than money collection.
Nothing 'just works' as it did and any help response is dependant on you 'buying' into Apple Music streaming. All of a sudden everything starts to work as it did in iTunes (by memory). Now that all my CDs are ripped to a computer hard drive I can play what I want, as I want (for the moment). The next improving update will (history dictates) move more control and usability away from the User(of old) and into the hands of the "just pay & stream" brigade.

Personally I am petrified of adding a third party for music app. to use on my Mac or iPad or iPhone seeing so many of them(apps) dependent on 'Music' as a library (it's worst function).

If I could find a organising/player to use separate from the Apple money trap I would pay for it, especially if it was not subscription.(Less than £5/month- might work - unsure)

Frustrating and annoying to see Apple slide down the hill of ordinary product = more money as so many have done before.

pqhf5kd

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
I've had the same iTunes/Music library since 2008, moved from machine to machine, OS to OS. I subbed to Apple Music 6 to 7 years ago and have been using Cloud Library/Sync Library since. I use Apple Music just for streaming, mostly playlists and I don't add those tracks to my library. My local library is fully on my MacBook and I access it through the Cloud Library on my iPhone. I haven't had an issues with missing tracks, changing metadata, etc, etc.

My local library does include particularly selected releases with high dynamic range. I'd like to turn off Sync Library and manually sync music from my MacBook to my iPhone to avoid listening to the Match copies of these tracks. I'm I going to run into any issues?

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
I've had the same iTunes/Music library since 2008, moved from machine to machine, OS to OS. I subbed to Apple Music 6 to 7 years ago and have been using Cloud Library/Sync Library since. I use Apple Music just for streaming, mostly playlists and I don't add those tracks to my library. My local library is fully on my MacBook and I access it through the Cloud Library on my iPhone. I haven't had an issues with missing tracks, changing metadata, etc, etc.

My local library does include particularly selected releases with high dynamic range. I'd like to turn off Sync Library and manually sync music from my MacBook to my iPhone to avoid listening to the Match copies of these tracks. I'm I going to run into any issues?
As far as I am concerned there are enough problems in Apple Music to stop me from doing anything that is not an automatic function.
Understanding the convoluted (so called) instruction is, from this man's perspective, a completely impossible task.
So my answer is - If Apple Music does not do what you want automatically "tough". Leave it alone and live with it. 'Apple Music' is a house of cards. Push one wrong button (card) and the rest just collapses in an incomprehensible, irreparable pile of c*ap! Just my 20 years of experience. Good Luck.

pqhf5kd

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
I disabled Sync Library on my phone and this allowed me to configure a local music sync in Finder.
The local sync failed until I turned off my Apple Watch, as mentioned here.

But it works great after, I can even sync my complex Smart Playlists.

Next step is to try turning off Sync Library on my Mac

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
It's still beyond me how this is not yet fixed. The colour in the results section should be white for better contrast.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.21.51.png

The same way it's white for the text results.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.23.03.png

It looks minor but it's really annoying to me just because how obvious and easy to fix it is.

Reactions: Lvivske

mattiowa

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2006
Posted this elsewhere but would appreciate if any of you have any feedback on this issue: "On all my macs that are on Sonoma (version 14.3.1), both the Music and TV apps no longer show the number and name of active devices. In the old days, I would click the "Account" Menu option, then "Account Settings..." and then a window would open up named "Account Information" that would show, among other things, the number/name of devices showing how close to the 10 device limit I was. Now the list of number/name of devices is completely gone. The employees at the Apple Store said I just needed to upgrade my software but that didn't fix anything."

Disassociative

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2024
@Disassociative I dont know what you're doing to cause this break but I can't repeat it at all, everything fine for me as far as I can see
Man I forgot I made this post.
Yeah I don't know how to fix this still. I've tried logging in and out of my iCloud account, turning iCloud sync on and off, deleting my library file and I just can't seem to fix it. The only option seems to be the nuclear one of reinstalling MacOS and I really don't want to if I can help it.
The common denominator seems to be if its a artist I added to favourites.

If it's a favourite artist then viewing by artist and sorting albums by year is broken and messes up the track listing like in those screenshots, if its not a favourite then it displays completely normal or if I sort by any other method.

Non favourite artist sorted chronologically - track 1 is track on both albums visible

1710645526062.png

A favourite artist - track 1 from the first album is missing, track 2 of the second album 'Rated R' is missing from 'Rated R' and tacked onto the end end of the first album.

1710645613522.png

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
i can't click on anything to play any of my music. Did the recent update break something? 14.4.1

Jashue

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
Syracuse
Has anyone else observed this? It's bugging the hell out of me. I never realized how important this feature was to me until now (that it's gone)

My MBA is nagging me to perform an update to 14.4.1 (I'm running 14.2.1). Can anyone that has updated tell me if the column filtering issue has been ironed out? I'm not going to update until it has.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.