Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Your killing my fallback option, was debating on getting a nice cheap iPhone SE as a hold-out phone until next year since it does support AR.
Don’t let the OP deter you. There are literally thousands of posts praising the SE. I’m not sure what the OP is driving at...

Reactions: arkitect

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
My fiancee SE has been fine and her 2 year contract is almost up.

The OP screen shot/photo would suggest GPU or video ram failure.
Agree that it is probably a chip worth only pennies that has died but some intricate tools will be needed to fix SMD components.
beyond most peoples means.

I can kinda of understand some of the OP frustration but also I personally would not have waited quite so long as issues tend to grow rather than fix them selves.
I didn't fix it because it's not an issue when I have multiple back up phones and unlike most people can go a few days without one at all. So yeah, kinda annoying when people assume you don't know anything and are just senselessly complaining. When thats not what I set out to do at all.

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
Don’t let the OP deter you. There are literally thousands of posts praising the SE. I’m not sure what the OP is driving at...
Did I not praise the SE by keeping it for a year even broken? I love my SE and I just recommended it to them. Even broken my SE is my favourite phone I've had so far.
[doublepost=1505913741][/doublepost]Hey maybe you guys should read what I'm saying before you comment

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino

He's driving at the fact that Apple has a hardware issue with his SE and wanted to discuss it with the community which is just saying to take it to the Apple Store after he acknowledged that already.:rolleyes:

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
He's driving at the fact that Apple has a hardware issue with his SE and wanted to discuss it with the community which is just saying to take it to the Apple Store after he acknowledged that already.:rolleyes:
And then being told that I didn't even know I could take it to an Apple store. Everytime I've been to an Apple store they don't understand anything I'm saying. Last time I went they tried to sell me DDr3 RAM for my MacBook 5,2. Yeah, they were real smart. Real geniuses.
[doublepost=1505914209][/doublepost]This reminds me of the time I got banned from Nintendo's subreddit for "Spam" by trying to spark up a conversation about the methods the early DS Lites used to talk to each other

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
And then being told that I didn't even know I could take it to an Apple store. Everytime I've been to an Apple store they don't understand anything I'm saying. Last time I went they tried to sell me DDr3 RAM for my MacBook 5,2. Yeah, they were real smart. Real geniuses.

Why is this not surprising?

Reactions: Harthag

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States

Hold up. Here’s what happened. OP comes in and says his phone is defective and that Apple isn’t addressing this “widespread issue”. If he had come in and said “my phone is defective, I just want want to discuss why it doesn’t work properly and how I can fix it with a DIY solution it would have been fine.

This isn’t a widespread issue, maybe it was with other apple devices in the past but it isn’t here. If nobody understands what you are saying, that just means you didn’t word it right. Not everyone is an idiot because they can’t understand you.

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
Why is this not surprising?
They didn't know the difference between Sata 2 and Sata 3. They didn't know the differences in DDr3 and DDr2. The girl who "helped" me the last time I was there asked me to explain what I meant by "Core 2 duo MacBook". Yeah, guess I'm the dumb one here.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
So what's your point?
U want to complain, look for others with the same defect or interested in a solution for your defect?

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
They didn't know the difference between Sata 2 and Sata 3. They didn't know the differences in DDr3 and DDr2. The girl who "helped" me the last time I was there asked me to explain what I meant by "Core 2 duo MacBook". Yeah, guess I'm the dumb one here.

You may recall that you were referring to "Every time" you've been to an Apple Store, the assumption being that you've been to an Apple Store more than once and on each occassion they have failed to understand you. Possibly this has something to do with how effectively you express yourself?

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Hold up. Here’s what happened. OP comes in and says his phone is defective and that Apple isn’t addressing this “widespread issue”. If he had come in and said “my phone is defective, I just want want to discuss why it doesn’t work properly and how I can fix it with a DIY solution it would have been fine.

This isn’t a widespread issue, maybe it was with other apple devices in the past but it isn’t here. If nobody understands what you are saying, that just means you didn’t word it right. Not everyone is an idiot because they can’t understand you.

If you go into the PowerPC section, you’d see what OP means. In PPC section we dive into issues, he expected the same here(I believe). Maybe he could’ve titled it differently but he did make the point he just wanted to discuss and then got dog piled with “Go to the Apple store!”

I do understand your points, I just feel OP did state he didn’t want to go enough times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 0248294

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
I know I can get it replaced. I've been using to Apple products longer than a lot of people on here have been alive. And no, I'm not going environmental. I'm just not throwing away an entire phone when replacing a RAM chip for 7 cents would fix it. I'm trying to talk about hardware
[doublepost=1505912086][/doublepost]
You literally read nothing I posted

Been building computers since 2007, actually.
[doublepost=1505912197][/doublepost]Also to clarify, again. I'm not complaining. I never wanted to return the phone. I knew I could. I didn't want to. That has absolutely ****ing nothing to do with this though. I've tried countless times to have conversations with people on this website, but oh so many of you just can't comprehend the most basic sentences.
[doublepost=1505912912][/doublepost]I'd bet no one here can tell me what 775 and 1150 mean and what the differences are.
Woohoo. 2007? Lol. I've been been doing it since the late 80s. 2007 is nothing.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
Your killing my fallback option, was debating on getting a nice cheap iPhone SE as a hold-out phone until next year since it does support AR.
That's what we did at best buy. They have it for $139 32gb model. Just last weekend. Att go phone model that can be used on any network but there is a trick too it. It's on slick deals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.