Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
Ever since Samsung unveiled their first Galaxy Fold back in February of 2019, I've been quite bullish about foldable phones; I did believe that they were the future. I still do. However, using two foldables (the Galaxy Fold 4 and the Pixel Fold) has changed what I feel they need to do to be the future.

The criticism I heard the most in the early months after foldables were released was that they're bad phones and bad tablets for the price of both put together. That's something that I only ever half agreed with—it was undeniable to me that the small size and crease and plasticky texture of the screen did mean you were getting a somewhat mediocre tablet—but I thought the portability of said tablet justified the price and I never understood why people thought the phone experience would be bad. I always supposed that you'd need a small screen for calls, texts, emails etc. The way I saw it, the ever increasing size of modern smartphones was merely a consequence of the fact that we can consume other media on these devices; apart from that, it actually goes against the easy use of the other basic functions I listed above. This isn't an unusual take; it's what anyone who champions the iPhone mini says. So, making the outer screen smaller and more one-handable and the inner screen bigger and more spacious seemed like a win-win.

Ironically, it's that second part that's proven me wrong. See, I've found that it's not just about raw size; a lot of what we do on phones depends on the aspect ratio being right for content to scale the way we'd expect. Using the camera, listening to music, or just typing anything, are somethings I'd far prefer to do on the outer screen than the inner screen. On the Fold 4, the outer screen was so narrow that pretty much all of these weren't particularly pleasant to do. The 4:3 preview of a camera was too small outside, and who wants to open the device for a shot that may be gone by the time you're there? Of course, your thumbs are going to be too far apart to comfortably type inside, and the outer screen is too narrow. I found that I needed the "phone" part of this device a lot more than I'd expected, and just depending on the tablet for everything wasn't going to work.

So, the move for me was to wait for a device that had a more typical outer display size and aspect ratio; something that was more "usable." That device ended up being the Pixel Fold. And sure enough, it's outer display was normal enough to make me want to use it, and it actually fit into one hand even more comfortably than the Galaxy Fold. It's here that my above conclusions were affirmed because I did end up using the outer display more often (a good 80% of the time) and I really enjoyed the phone. Specifically, I was loving digging into Android (I'm a new user). What gave me pause was that whenever I went back to my slab phone (iP14PM) for anything, I'd like it a lot more, not for OS or anything like that, but for size. If I'd look from one phone to the other, I'd physically be able to feel my eyes relax. I learned it's not just the ratio or maneuverability of that outer screen, but also it's raw size. The text being smaller was what made this device less pleasant to use than my normal slab phone. Sure, blowing it up in accessibility helps, but then everything looks out of proportion, no different than on your grandmother's bold font iPhone. This was never a conclusion that I expected to reach—after all, why wouldn't you just use the tablet for a bigger view?—but that's just not how it works in real life. It boils down to that (a) I need that different outer screen for 80% of my use and (b) that 80% is better on a slab phone.

The conclusion here for me is not at all that foldables are a bust, but that where I previously thought that narrow outer screens were fine, then thought that normal-ratio small outer screens were fine, I now feel that only something as big as a regular big format slab phone will work for me. I never would've advocated for a such a thing before because of how it would demand 2 hands to operate even when closed, but the lack of usability for me makes me accept that downside. I already use two hands for my existing giant slab, and I can do the same for a foldable when it's closed.

What's upsetting is that the Pixel Fold is otherwise the nicest phone I've ever used, and the only phone I've used in years that's actually exited me (likely because of Android, not the phone itself, but still) yet every time I use the iPhone for anything I'm reminded how much nicer the bigger slab screen is and don't feel comfortable keeping an $1800 device that's worse than that.

Have any of you foldable owners experienced something similar? I'm curious how many people are limited by the current design of outer screens vs how many prefer then small for one-handed use vs how many just don't care and want to unfold for most things.

Last edited:

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Ever since Samsung unveiled their first Galaxy Fold back in February of 2019, I've been quite bullish about foldable phones; I did believe that they were the future. I still do. However, using two foldables (the Galaxy Fold 4 and the Pixel Fold) has changed what I feel they need to do to be the future.

The criticism I heard the most in the early months after foldables were released was that they're bad phones and bad tablets for the price of both put together. That's something that I only ever half agreed with—it was undeniable to me that the small size and crease and plasticky texture of the screen did mean you were getting a somewhat mediocre tablet—but I thought the portability of said tablet justified the price and I never understood why people thought the phone experience would be bad. I always supposed that you'd need a small screen for calls, texts, emails etc. The way I saw it, the ever increasing size of modern smartphones was merely a consequence of the fact that we can consume other media on these devices; apart from that, it actually goes against the easy use of the other basic functions I listed above. This isn't an unusual take; it's what anyone who champions the iPhone mini says. So, making the outer screen smaller and more one-handable and the inner screen bigger and more spacious seemed like a win-win.

Ironically, it's that second part that's proven me wrong. See, I've found that it's not just about raw size; a lot of what we do on phones depends on the aspect ratio being right for content to scale the way we'd expect. Using the camera, listening to music, or just typing anything, are somethings I'd far prefer to do on the outer screen than the inner screen. On the Fold 4, the outer screen was so narrow that pretty much all of these weren't particularly pleasant to do. The 4:3 preview of a camera was too small outside, and who wants to open the device for a shot that may be gone by the time you're there? Of course, your thumbs are going to be too far apart to comfortably type inside, and the outer screen is too narrow. I found that I needed the "phone" part of this device a lot more than I'd expected, and just depending on the tablet for everything wasn't going to work.

So, the move for me was to wait for a device that had a more typical outer display size and aspect ratio; something that was more "usable." That device ended up being the Pixel Fold. And sure enough, it's outer display was normal enough to make me want to use it, and it actually fit into one hand even more comfortably than the Galaxy Fold. It's here that my above conclusions were affirmed because I did end up using the outer display more often (a good 80% of the time) and I really enjoyed the phone. Specifically, I was loving digging into Android (I'm a new user). What gave me pause was that whenever I went back to my slab phone (iP14PM) for anything, I'd like it a lot more, not for OS or anything like that, but for size. If I'd look from one phone to the other, I'd physically be able to feel my eyes relax. I learned it's not just the ratio or maneuverability of that outer screen, but also it's raw size. The text being smaller was what made this device less pleasant to use than my normal slab phone. Sure, blowing it up in accessibility helps, but then everything looks out of proportion, no different than on your grandmother's bold font iPhone. This was never a conclusion that I expected to reach—after all, why wouldn't you just use the tablet for a bigger view?—but that's just not how it works in real life. It boils down to that (a) I need that different outer screen for 80% of my use and (b) that 80% is better on a slab phone.

The conclusion here for me is not at all that foldables are a bust, but that where I previously thought that narrow outer screens were fine, then thought that normal-ratio small outer screens were fine, I now feel that only something as big as a regular big format slab phone will work for me. I never would've advocated for a such a thing before because of how it would demand 2 hands to operate even when closed, but the lack of usability for me makes me accept that downside. I already use two hands for my existing giant slab, and I can do the same for a foldable when it's closed.

What's upsetting is that the Pixel Fold is otherwise the nicest phone I've ever used, and the only phone I've used in years that's actually exited me (likely because of Android, not the phone itself, but still) yet every time I use the iPhone for anything I'm reminded how much nicer the bigger slab screen is and don't feel comfortable keeping an $1800 device that's worse than that.

Have any of you foldable owners experienced something similar? I'm curious how many people are limited by the current design of outer screens vs how many prefer then small for one-handed use vs how many just don't care and want to unfold for most things.
You bring up a really interesting point. Something I don't think anyone who is considering buying one of these foldables thinks about.

I won't be able to answer your question but I think what you brought up is really important.

How you use something is as important as what you are using. People think they will just get something and adapt. It really doesn't work that way.

Knowing that the outer screen gets used the most what you are saying is that it has to be closer to a regular bar phone in dimensions and have a good enough screen.

In my opinion I like the concept of a foldable a lot more than the execution and certainly don't love the prices.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
First off, I completely get it... Galaxy Fold outer screen is too narrow. It most certainly should be wider and that plays a huge part in users preferring the Pixel Fold. Heck, I'm a Galaxy Fold user and I favor the outer screen of the Pixel Fold.

I guess to answer your question... I'm not necessarily limited by the current outer screen of the Galaxy Fold 4, I can use the keyboard rather comfortably. But I'll be lying to myself if it doesn't affect my usage... given my desire for it to be wider.

But I think in Samsung defense, they went this route due to what you mention.. the one-handed use of the narrow outer screen. However, the problem is.... its too narrow. And compared to the Fold 2 I previously had, I use the Fold 4 outer screen way much more because of the slightly wider screen.

How you use something is as important as what you are using. People think they will just get something and adapt. It really doesn't work that way.
But isn't that universally known. Especially with a foldable device like the Pixel Fold or Galaxy Fold, the nature of it being a phone then unfolding the user gets a compact tablet experience.

I think what the OP is acknowledging now than years back when Galaxy Fold series launched... is the phone experience is such a vital part of having a foldable. If a user feels limited by the phone factor... then it makes for a lackluster experience regardless of the bells and whistles provided by the competition.

Because without a doubt, the Galaxy Fold has more features than the Pixel Fold... but the fact that Samsung hasn't address the narrow outer screen it gives a huge edge to the Pixel Fold.

Last edited:

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
I had the Z Fold (gen 1) for about a month and quickly sold it. The cover display was absolutely worthless for just about everything besides checking notifications or scrolling through an app. I found myself using the cover display about 10% of the time and the other 90% of the time I needed to open it into tablet mode to accomplish anything.

I then decided I wanted to try a foldable again and purchased the Z Fold 3. Big mistake and the same issues irritated me. It last about 2 months before I sold it..

Enter the Pixel Fold. The cover screen is 100% usable for everything. Now I spend about 90% of my time using the cover display and about 10% of the time using it in tablet mode. This is how I envision a folding phone to be. Use the cover display for almost all your usage then pop open tablet mode for media viewing, playing a game or multitasking..

I am actually shocked Samsung is sticking with the same basic design from 4+ years ago with the tall and skinny cover display on the upcoming Z Fold 5.. It's absolutely not usable for much of anything and the Z Fold line had actually turned me against folding phones.

Then the Pixel Fold, with a usable cover display, released and this is how I envisioned using a foldable phone in daily use should be.

Is the Pixel Fold perfect? No, but in my opinion it is more in line with how a folding phone should be.

My .02

Last edited:

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
I am actually shocked Samsung is sticking with the same basic design from 4+ years ago with the tall and skinny cover display on the upcoming Z Fold 5.. It's absolutely not usable for much of anything and the Z Fold line had actually turned me against folding phones.
This is almost exactly how I feel. The Pixel Fold is usable for me where the Galaxy Fold wasn’t, and apart from that it’s so pleasant to hold when folded. Like seriously, this thing feels so right in the hand, to the point where I gravitate towards it more than my iPhone, because of its shape.

The complaint I’ve got is that when I snap out of that enchantment and realize the everything on that screen is scaled just a bit too small for my liking, it’s apparent that I’d rather be looking at that bigger slab. So, for me, we’ve entered the territory where the foldable is usable, but for that 80% of stuff it worse than a slab. And so the slab wins… which for me is an almost depressing reality because of how perfect this device feels in the hand.

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
So, for me, we’ve entered the territory where the foldable is usable, but for that 80% of stuff it worse than a slab. And so the slab wins… which for me is an almost depressing reality because of how perfect this device feels in the hand.
Huh? 80% of stuff on it is worse than a slab? Care to elaborate.

I think you are looking at from the perspective of using the outer display only. But you are neglecting the tablet experience which is the advantage of having a foldable.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I have a fold 4 and actually really like the shape of the folded phone because it fits my small-ish hands nicely. I actually think it works better for web browsing and stuff too.

The large screen experience is weird at times. Some apps will restart when you open the phone up with them running. Others will just take up less than the whole screen because they don't know how to resize. A small percent of apps will actually gracefully change (most of the time lol).

That of course is side-stepping the usual "it's not apple" stuff... I have an iphone as well. I pretty much only use it for phone calls and apple watch stuff lol.

Now, back to foldables and screen ratios: I think Samsung's checkbook thing works great for me, but I can totally understand where you're coming from, because the narrow aspect ratio when the phone is closed, leads to a strange aspect ratio when the phone is open. Hardly any apps are designed to work with that weird square aspect ratio.

The pixel fold is normal phone shape when closed, and probably more normal tablet shape when open. That's going to make it easier to use.

Now, a bigger problem if you ask me, is hardware longetivity. These are still phones where you buy that warranty because the phone is probably going to break if you ever drop it or use it hard. I heard a lot of very bad things about Google's customer support... so I'm not optimistic about that aspect...

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2019
Huh? 80% of stuff on it is worse than a slab? Care to elaborate.
Oof yeah, I can see how that might read differently from how I intended. I meant that 80% of my usage (90% for the commenter who I was replying to) is just phone-esq so it’s all gonna be on that outer screen. And because that outer screen is smaller and text is scaled smaller than my slab phone, overall 80% of my usage is worse and ends up feeling more cramped than a slab phone.

For example, today, I used the phone several times throughout the day, but I only opened it up once at night to watch I think one YouTube video. Right, so that’s most of the day that’s worse than on a slab phone, with just one use at night being better because of tablet mode.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
For example, today, I used the phone several times throughout the day, but I only opened it up once at night to watch I think one YouTube video. Right, so that’s most of the day that’s worse than on a slab phone, with just one use at night being better because of tablet mode.
I understand your point. But as I stated, the advantage of having a foldable versus a slab phone is getting the tablet experience. Regardless of how much you care to unfold it... its available for you.

Heck, my usage on the outer screen will increase on the Galaxy Fold if it was wider... but I don't look at it as having a worse experience than a slab phone given I have the luxury of unfolding to get a bigger display.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I recently picked up an S23 Ultra and it just feels massive in comparison to my Fold 4. I'm not a major fan of the cover screen but it's bearable for now. Pixel Fold on order...

I'm another 80/20 user in terms of outer vs inner scree. But I much prefer a fable to a tablet for my use case. Perfect to flip open to look at a spreadsheet or watch a video on the couch.

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

I've had the Z Fold 4 for 10 months and although I've loved certain things about it (the build, the processor & the speakers to name but three) I found myself very rarely unfolding the device even in the beginning and after a month or so of ownership I never unfolded it at all. I think this is true of me with tablets full-stop, I just find using a phone so much easier.

Which brings me to the main problem with the Z Fold 4. The front screen is too narrow. You totally get used to it but I was essentially paying all this money for a phone with a small screen. Hence why I've just bought the S23 Ultra. Slab phones and occasional big tablet use are what works best for me at the moment.

Reactions: 5105973

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
It’s a nice concept but not one I’m willing to entertain until the displays are more durable. No crease or plastic displays please, they can call it glass all they want but when you can damage it with your fingernail then it ain’t glass.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I recently picked up an S23 Ultra and it just feels massive in comparison to my Fold 4. I'm not a major fan of the cover screen but it's bearable for now. Pixel Fold on order...

I'm another 80/20 user in terms of outer vs inner scree. But I much prefer a fable to a tablet for my use case. Perfect to flip open to look at a spreadsheet or watch a video on the couch.

That's exactly how I felt coming from a Fold 2 and Fold 3 then the S23U.

As much as I love folding phones, I think I'm going to go with the next Flip instead.

The iP14 Pro Max is my main phone, so I don't need my secondary phone to as big as the S23U. Only reason I haven't went smaller already is because of the camera zoom functions. But the iP15 Pro Max should fill in that void. (If rumors are true).

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
That's exactly how I felt coming from a Fold 2 and Fold 3 then the S23U.

As much as I love folding phones, I think I'm going to go with the next Flip instead.

The iP14 Pro Max is my main phone, so I don't need my secondary phone to as big as the S23U. Only reason I haven't went smaller already is because of the camera zoom functions. But the iP15 Pro Max should fill in that void. (If rumors are true).
I tried the latest Moto flip razr ultra. Def a cool concept but I had it open 90% of the time. S23 ultra feels huge compared to the 14PM not really sure why. iOS is so damn boring IMHO 5he only thing I really miss is iMessage. Still not getting group texts even tho iMessage is verified turned off. Annoying.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It’s a nice concept but not one I’m willing to entertain until the displays are more durable. No crease or plastic displays please, they can call it glass all they want but when you can damage it with your fingernail then it ain’t glass.
People that question the durability and crease always leaves me wondering... have you tried it?

I mean, I completely understand if price is a strike against deciding on buying it... because it's expensive and it's not for everyone given the bulkiness of it. But I've dropped my Galaxy Fold a few times and it has held up, crease is a non-issue for me. And I use my S-Pen daily.

Reactions: raqball

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I understand your point. But as I stated, the advantage of having a foldable versus a slab phone is getting the tablet experience. Regardless of how much you care to unfold it... its available for you.

Heck, my usage on the outer screen will increase on the Galaxy Fold if it was wider... but I don't look at it as having a worse experience than a slab phone given I have the luxury of unfolding to get a bigger display.
Exactly, The OP posting relies on the fact of bias towards one hand/one digit use

For those of us that came up on PDA's (HPlx200/Psion etc) then migrated to pocket PC's way before Iphone and slabs of today let alone the whole generation of flip phones and blackberry dual thumb typing etc

I simply do not believe one hand use is as common as many make out even interfaces especially Iphones are less catered for this use with least amount of options configuration to suit user preferences on digit input

Sure many go to lengths to learn skills to adopt and train their thumbs but the bottom line is I suspect most use a combination of digits at certain times, especially on gestures

Like you and having had all 4 Folds the outscreen is used sparingingly and the best notification area IMO where I always resort to the luxury of the inner large display most of the time

I agree usage on the outer screen will increase on the Galaxy Fold if it was wider, but its not essential for my usage and as others have noted handling etc is compromised if it was wider

The issue is people have become accustomed to slabs format and in truth had the folding technology been developed sooner the large slabs people have now should of never evolved IMO :)

Large format slabs are now reaching physical limitations for most who like one handed use and the day of the Fold is here to give unrivaled experiences both closed and opened to suit all preferences with the GF or F4 and others

Reactions: Ludatyk

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I believe the GF6 will be the model that will finally provide a comfortable outer screen experience. Sadly we will still need to wait another year.

The GPF is too heavy and doesn’t work well with too many third party apps. Not being able to alter the aspect ratio in settings (for now) is a massive flaw.

I’m kinda banking my hopes on the OPO at this point. Should provide a proper outer screen along with triple speakers, alert slider, and a vegan leather back.

As for the outer versus inner screen debate, the only time I would use the outer screen is to reply to messages on the go, make/receive phone calls, and to control my music and podcasts. Otherwise I’m gonna open the foldable whenever possible.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
As for the outer versus inner screen debate, the only time I would use the outer screen is to reply to messages on the go, make/receive phone calls, and to control my music and podcasts. Otherwise I’m gonna open the foldable whenever possible.
I think that is the exact opposite of how most people would use / want to use a foldable. The cover display should be usable for most tasks and the inner display (tablet mode) should be used for media consumption, multitasking, games etc.

You should not need to open the phone and use the inner display for everyday and simple tasks. The Z Fold line almost forces you into having to do this as it's cover display is almost unusable for most and it is the most often complaint about it..

I assume the GF6 will fix this and make a more Pixel Fold like experience..

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I think that is the exact opposite of how most people would use / want to use a foldable. The cover display should be usable for most tasks and the inner display (tablet mode) should be used for media consumption, multitasking, games etc.
I'm confused... @blairh stated using the outer screen for messages on the go, calls, and controlling music & podcast. So, why would that be the exact opposite use of a foldable? At least, that's how I use my Galaxy Fold.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
I'm confused... @blairh stated using the outer screen for messages on the go, calls, and controlling music & podcast. So, why would that be the exact opposite use of a foldable? At least, that's how I use my Galaxy Fold.
As I stated, you should be able to use the cover display for the majority of daily tasks and not just quick messages or controlling music. You are using your Galaxy Fold that way because the cover display is useless for normal everyday tasks.

If you have to open the foldable to accomplish simple things then it's a terrible design..

To each their own. If you are happy always having to open the display into tablet mode for just about everything then cool.. Me? Nope which is why I quickly got rid of the GF (OG) and the GF3..

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
As I stated, you should be able to use the cover display for the majority of daily tasks and not just quick messages or controlling music. You are using your Galaxy Fold that way because the cover display is useless for normal everyday tasks.
But we didn't specify our messaging will be quick. And isn't messaging, calls and controlling music & podcast not considered daily task. I'd wager more people do those activities than anything else on a phone.

To each their own. If you are happy always having to open the display into tablet mode for just about everything then cool.. Me? Nope which is why I quickly got rid of the GF (OG) and the GF3..
And its great you are enjoying your Pixel Fold. But I can do majority of my task on the go with my Galaxy Fold which doesn't require me always opening it.

Last edited:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007

You should not need to open the phone and use the inner display for everyday and simple tasks. The Z Fold line almost forces you into having to do this as it's cover display is almost unusable for most and it is the most often complaint about it..

I assume the GF6 will fix this and make a more Pixel Fold like experience..
The entire point of having an 8” screen in my pocket is to use it. Nearly everything I can do on that screen is going to be better than the outer screen. The exception potentially is quick message replies, phone calls, and managing a now playing song or podcast.

Hence, I will only use the outer screen when necessary. Otherwise I am always going to want to open my foldable and use the larger canvas.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
But we didn't specify our messaging will be quick. And isn't messaging, calls and controlling music & podcast not considered daily task. I'd wager more people do those activities than anything else on a phone.
Your opinion is in the minority as many GF users complain about the terrible cover display... There are also plenty upset that Samsung stuck with the 4+ old year design for the GF5
And its great you are enjoying your Pixel Fold. But I can do majority of my task on the go with my Galaxy Fold which doesn't require me always opening it.
I could not do much of anything on the GF cover display. It's way to narrow and tall... Again, it's the most comon complaint about the device.

The entire point of having an 8” screen in my pocket is to use it. Nearly everything I can do on that screen is going to be better than the outer screen.
Of course it's going to be a better experience when using the GF. The cover display is terrible and unusable.. You just made my point..

When I had the GF and the GF3 my usage was 10% cover display and 90% tablet mode. Why? Because I had to open it into tablet mode to accomplish even basic daily tasks like responding to a message or typing out an email etc.

With the Pixel Fold it's a complete 180.. Now I am 90% cover display and 10% tablet mode. I only use tablet mode when I want to multitask, play a game or watch content.

I actually prefer Samsung OS over the Pixel. If Samsung would have made changes to the terrible tall and thin GF line this time around I would have purchased it instead of the Pixel Fold.

Maybe the GF6............

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Your opinion is in the minority as many GF users complain about the terrible cover display... There are also plenty upset that Samsung stuck with the 4+ old year design for the GF5

I could not do much of anything on the GF cover display. It's way to narrow and tall... Again, it's the most comon complaint about the device.

Of course it's going to be a better experience when using the GF. The cover display is terrible and unusable.. You just made my point..

When I had the GF and the GF3 my usage was 10% cover display and 90% tablet mode. Why? Because I had to open it into tablet mode to accomplish even basic daily tasks like responding to a message or typing out an email etc.

With the Pixel Fold it's a complete 180.. Now I am 90% cover display and 10% tablet mode. I only use tablet mode when I want to multitask, play a game or watch content.

I actually prefer Samsung OS over the Pixel. If Samsung would have made changes to the terrible tall and thin GF line this time around I would have purchased it instead of the Pixel Fold.

Maybe the GF6............
I am speaking about foldables in general. Not just the GF line.

Also it’s telling that you think your personally usage is also a reflection of how others do or would use a foldable. Some people will use the outer screen more. Others the inner screen. And even others a mix of both. Personally I am getting a foldable to use the inner screen and I will use the outer screen only when necessary.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
I am speaking about foldables in general. Not just the GF line.

Also it’s telling that you think your personally usage is also a reflection of how others do or would use a foldable. Some people will use the outer screen more. Others the inner screen. And even others a mix of both. Personally I am getting a foldable to use the inner screen and I will use the outer screen only when necessary.
Telling? LOL...

Read forums and watch some ZFold videos as plenty of people complain about the terrible cover display.. Most people don't want a foldable to be in tablet mode ALL THE TIME.. With the ZFold that's what you are forced into doing..

If you are happy with the ZF design then cool, enjoy your ZFold... Maybe a bit of purchase justification going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.