Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Then the ZFold is obviously for him. My contention is that most people do not want to be forced into tablet mode for everything and the fact that the ZFold's tall and thin cover display is one of the most complained about 'features' of the device speaks for itself..
I'm not dismissing that Z Fold cover display being awkwardly tall and narrow... it needs to be wider. But it's tolerable on the Z Fold 4, heck... its the reason why I upgraded from the Z Fold 2 for the slightly wider cover display on the Z Fold 4 (which I'm skipping the Z Fold 5).

Same question to you. I assume not many at all buy a foldable to be forced into using tablet mode all the time. If I wanted a tablet only type device then I would have purchased one.
I personally bought a foldable for the technology behind it... the idea that I can have a tablet in my pocket. Granted, I can use the outer screen when I'm on the go... but I find it more enjoyable using the tablet.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
People that question the durability and crease always leaves me wondering... have you tried it?

I mean, I completely understand if price is a strike against deciding on buying it... because it's expensive and it's not for everyone given the bulkiness of it. But I've dropped my Galaxy Fold a few times and it has held up, crease is a non-issue for me. And I use my S-Pen daily.
Tried it? I lived through plastic screen smartphones and they were more durable than the foldables and I’m never going back to a plastic screen on a phone. I have tried the flip and fold and they are horrible to touch, I even had to leave the shop pretty quickly as I put a big gouge in the screen with my pinky nail, which was scarily easy to do.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Tried it? I lived through plastic screen smartphones and they were more durable than the foldables and I’m never going back to a plastic screen on a phone. I have tried the flip and fold and they are horrible to touch, I even had to leave the shop pretty quickly as I put a big gouge in the screen with my pinky nail, which was scarily easy to do.
This is my 4th foldable. I had a Galaxy Fold (1st one), the Galaxy Fold 3, a Galaxy Flip 2 and now the Pixel Fold.

Never had an issue with touch, feel or damage on any of them.

My only minor complaint is the crease, which is more noticeable on a flip phone as you touch / interact that area more frequently on a flip than you do on a foldable.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

That was most likely the pre-applied screen protector, which is very easy to blemish. This was a serious problem with the first Fold, cause it couldn't be taken off without damage to the display. Every Fold after, there was no issues taking off the screen protector.

I was pretty rough with my Fold 2 and 3, and with the screen protector off the first week, I had no issues with any scratching on the display.

Reactions: SteveJUAE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.