Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i need to take a picture of our computers at home. My dad has the 17" powerbook, mom has the 15, and i have the 12. its great.

iJon

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I'm thinking of getting a 17" PowerBook. I think it would augment my collection nicely :D
I'm trying to decide between the 12" & the 17", but I don't think I'll waste the opportunity and just get the 17" :D

I also wanted to add the old & new iMac to my collection, plus a Lisa, a G5 and maybe a IIgs :D

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
I just added a real sweet Apple Server 500 to my collection. It won't run the MacOS though so it will be a bit challenging to get it up and running and integrated into the network.

As for Pbooks, I'd love to have the 12" for the fantastic portability. If only Steve would deliver us the Newton 2!

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
Man, I need to start collecting. Ive been meaning to do it for years, but I never get around to it....anybody know some good places to get old macs?

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
Originally posted by Sunrunner
Man, I need to start collecting. Ive been meaning to do it for years, but I never get around to it....anybody know some good places to get old macs?

eBay...eBay...eBay!!!

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
The room is ready...

I've had my collection on the floor of the dining room, under a tarp for 7 months since we moved into this new house. The basement computer room has just been finished and I've started moving machines in there...

Pics of the room progress

One machine setup

( Single, blue wall inspired by Mr Anderson / Duke Street )

blakespot

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I took a pic once at a School district Auction, they had about 200 Mac plus's covering a wall. It was awesome.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Some of you guys have quite big collections! I've only got an iBook and an LC III :(

Technically, the iBook isn't mine anymore, I've sold it online but haven't got around to couriering it off yet. But on the plus side, I've bought myself a Power Mac G4, and I'll have to go with tradition and take photos of opening the box and setting it up :p

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
My actual collection (here & in the U.S.) is a lot bigger:

-PowerMac 1Ghz
-Xserve 1Ghz
-iBook 800 (14")
-iBook 800 (12")
-iBook 500
-TiBook 550
-PowerBook 540
-PowerBook Duo 280c
-Mac Portable
-Vaio (something or other)
-Libretto 70c :)
-SOTEC eNote
-20th Anniversary Mac
-Mac Classic I & II
-ThinkPad 380ez
-Sharp (something or other -broken)
-NEC Mobile Gear
-Original Message Pad
-MP 130
-MP 2100
-Clie (selling it)
-Palm IIIc
-Atari Portfolio
-Tungsten C
-Celeron 366 (home made)
-IBM PC XT (original) :)
-Quadra 840av

Most of it is here with me in Japan, and I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting it back to the US :(

ericnovember

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2003
New York, NY
Wow. I'm quite impressed at the collections I've seen on this thread. mactarkus, you have quite the room indeed, I imagine the indentations your shelves leave on the carpet are permenant indeed. Anyway, I'm new to the boards here, and thought I'd throw out my paltry collection...

Mac Plus (the entire portable bag kit)
Mac Classic
Mac SE/30
Mac LC550
Mac Quadra 840av, 14"av, adj. keyboard
Mac UnderPerforma 6200 & 6360tv
PB 145b
PB 1400c w/Sonnet G3 card
Select 300 LaserWriter

There's a couple more in there I think. The only clame to fame, really, is that they're all in as close to perfect condition as they can be for 'elderly' computers. I'll post a pic when I can. Good to meet you all.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Yes indeed they are Sonic X dolls :D I got them in September as a gift for my Birthday. My brother got them from a Comic Books store in the Mall called "Zap Comics" or something like that. Check around at comic stores or similar places. They are so cool :) I have Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Also check eBay ;)

Sonic Rules!!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
*off topic* yeah the show is good, I like the animation but the voices could have been better. Eggman is good but Sonic sounds funny. Should have gotten the voices from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I plan to get Sonic Heros :D

FunkyGuitarGirl

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2003
Riverdale, MD
I have:

Mac SE
Powerbook 1400 (picked up when the non-profit I was working for switched to Windoze machines)
G3 Mini-tower (ditto)
12 inch Powerbook Rev. A - I sprung for this myself...got tired on the hand me downs...Apple packages their products magnificently).

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Originally posted by FunkyGuitarGirl
...got tired on the hand me downs...Apple packages their products magnificently).

Yeah the new products are amazing! I love the box, I kept it :D I can't seem to throw away anything...lol

jonmichael23

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2003
Red Bud, Illinois
oh my........

I just switched about 3 months ago :D , I'm only 14 but I've already made plans for a collection of macs......... I have a 17" iMac, and i just got a blueberry iBook about a week ago (bought on ebay of course). I want to get a g3 b&w powermac next, then a cube, then i'm saving up for a dual 1.25 ghz powermac g4 with a 20 " display- im hoping to get all these before next new year's. After all these I'll be saving for a dual g5 (hopefully 3 ghz, by the time i get enough money) with 2 gb of ram and a 23" screen. I feel this will be a good start at my collection :p . I'll post a pic of my iMac and iBook as soon as i get a new camera.....which may be awhile since im buying an isight pretty soon. Anyways, just wanted to say i think apple is awesome, and steve jobs is way cooler then bill gates :) .

Jonathan

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
Yeah the new products are amazing! I love the box, I kept it :D I can't seem to throw away anything...lol

I actually kept my eMac box in my room and used it as a nightstand of sorts for a while. It's so nice looking--I put a lamp on it and everything. :p

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I have both of my PowerBook boxes, I especially love the new black and silver box that my PowerBook G4 came in, it's really sharp, not to mention the new Panther box with the silver brushed metal X against the black background and Mac OS X Panther on the side.

JeffreyM

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, ON
I have a MP 2100 (Beautiful machine, I use it daily... in fact I just got the audio dongle that I bought in the mail today,) Mac SE, PowerBook Pismo 400, G4 450, PowerMac 7100, Laserwriter Pro, ImageWriter, and a iMac DV SE... For those of you that have Newton MP's I would suggest you sign up at http://www.newtontalk.net (In digest mode unless you want your inbox flooded with email,) and you check out http://www.thisoldnewt.com ... don't forget the newton FAQ.. i forget the URL, but google 'Newton FAQ' and you're sure to find it.... Those of you that don't have a Newton MP, do yourself a favour and go buy a 2100 or a 2000 off ebay of from J&K Sales (http://www.jksalesinc.com) And remember, Ink Different.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by JeffreyM
I have a MP 2100 [...]
And remember, Ink Different.

Yeah, the Newtons are really fantastic. I've got 2 OMPs, an MP130 & an MP2100. I'm planning on adding an eMate once I find a good price.

I'm also on the NewtonTalk mailing list, it's a great bunch of people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.