Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
In the last week I feel like I've crossed some geek point. We've had the collection of functional Macs for a while--my dual 1 gig G4 & iBook, my wife's G4 PowerMac, iPods, AirPort, etc. Now sudenly we've added a Mac SE ($1.00, how can you not buy it), PowerMac 7600, G4 Cube, and my wife is asking her parents to send out her Lisa. If we had a Newton and a Quicktake we could charge admission.

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
Early Symptoms

You're exhibiting early symptoms of classic Mac collectionitis. It's best to let it run its course.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Re: Early Symptoms

Originally posted by mactarkus
You're exhibiting early symptoms of classic Mac collectionitis. It's best to let it run its course.

Listen to the experts ;)

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I have an iBook (700mhz), part of an iBook 500mhz, a Mac Classic, and a virtually unused apple IIe I found in the trash. It came with the original manuals and everything... inlcuding the stickers.

JeffreyM

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, ON
Originally posted by Horrortaxi
Now sudenly we've added a Mac SE ($1.00, how can you not buy it),

If we had a Newton and a Quicktake we could charge admission.

I love my Mac SE, it's so easy to use :D.
No newton? Geez, you really are missing out.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I just picked up a Centris 650 at a recycling center for free. It goes online fine. I might replace the Caddy drive for a CD-ROM though...:D

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Originally posted by 5300cs
I was in Akihabara, the electronics district, and found a big store full of Apple things, so I went inside. Much to my surprise, up on the 3rd floor they had 6-7 used Xserves for sale. I got a single 1Ghz model, but they had the 1.33 also (for 2x the price.) I couldn't believe it either, so I begged and cajoled the wife into getting one.

Bascially I'm a lucky.. what PowerBook G5 said :D

Heh i been to Tokyo recently, and during my stay i visited Akihabara "electric town" for a digi cam. I didn't end up buying anything, but it was really ridiuclous how many electronic stores there were in the area. 'course when I went there, there were Athlon64's outside of alot of the stores, though i did spot a store that had a G5 out in a glass case in front of the store.

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
I went to a different coffeehouse for once the other day in Indianapolis. The place is called Corner Coffee, and to my surprise is basically a Mac coffeehouse. Airport wireless obviously, but on top of that i noticed every patron that was there with a computer had a Mac, there was an old tray loading iMac in the corner for public use, and best of all their "boombox" was the 20th Anniversary PowerPC LCD running iTunes. if anyone is ever in indianapolis looking for a cup of joe or a smoothie and wants to enjoy it in a mac-friendly environment, look up Corner Coffee on Alabama Ave. :D

mkaake said:
does it count when you have so many because you sell them on ebay?

p.s. you've got some really nice stuff! tis a shame though that you charge so much for shipping :eek:

Well, as for shipping UPS charges to much for pick up the pacages at my house... I'll be adding newer pics soon. I try to give free shipping on my site as much as posable. The only thing I don't like about eBay is the morons on there :mad: .... Thanks!

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Well my collection did consist of my newer 15" aluminum PowerBook G4 and an older Lombard G3, but tonight I just sold my G3 for $500. Can you believe that? Apple computers really do have a nice resale value considering this thing is 5 1/2 years old and I sold it for more than some new computers go for. I guess that means my collection just consists of a PowerBook G4 now. I really want to get a NeXT Cube, a G4 Cube, and a G5, but for now I'll just be content with what I have.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Powerbook G5 said:
Well my collection did consist of my newer 15" aluminum PowerBook G4 and an older Lombard G3, but tonight I just sold my G3 for $500. Can you believe that? Apple computers really do have a nice resale value considering this thing is 5 1/2 years old and I sold it for more than some new computers go for. I guess that means my collection just consists of a PowerBook G4 now. I really want to get a NeXT Cube, a G4 Cube, and a G5, but for now I'll just be content with what I have.

I'd like a NeXT Cube, a G4 Cube, and a Gamecube. :D

rand()

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Michigan
neoelectronaut said:
I'd like a NeXT Cube, a G4 Cube, and a Gamecube. :D

Isn't that 'Cubes Cubed. Ahh ha ha.. ha.. huh. Sorry.

Anyways, my collection is piddley at best compared to some of you guys. I've got a blue&white Rev.b, a Dual 500 G4, and a (currently broken) iBook 366mhz. Blue also.

Oh, and my father-in-law gave me an Apple IIc - with WORKING LCD & games. Needless to say, we get allong REAL well. :) :) :D

-rand()

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
Wow.

I've owned my share of Macs (and many other computers), but have never had the room to hang onto them for long.

I do still have my NeXTstation TurboColor, though, among the last NeXT systems ever manufactured.

nexton.jpg

That's a NeXTstation TurboColor with 64 MB RAM (the max officially supported) and internal 2G HD (the max supported in NEXTSTEP), 17" Trinitron NeXT Color Monitor, NeXT ADB Keyboard and Mouse (yes, it does work on ADB macs), an external 2G Barracuda HD, an external Apple CD300E SCSI CD-ROM (bootable!), a NeXT 400dpi LaserPrinter, original OS media and documentation, original Lighthouse Design application suite media, original Y2K update patch media, an ultra-rare copy of Rhapsody DR2 x86 (don't ask), and an ADB->USB adapter (to let the NeXT ADB keyboard/mouse work on a modern mac).

(I'd let this setup go for a song to anyone willing to pick it up in NYC. Send me a PM if you're interested - I don't really have room for it anymore and would prefer it go to a good home.)

-vga4life

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.