Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
What's the standard warranty on the homepods? Sounds like it may be worth it to add applecare?

If you buy the HomePod with most major credit cards, you probably already have extended warranty coverage. Typically this is double the mfr warranty up to a year, so you are probably covered for two years total. A lot of people don't seem to be aware of this.

Double check your credit card benefits to be certain. But I've had Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover, all of which had it.

Piva

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2019
Hey Matrix! I have the same problem. By any chance, are you in Brazil? If yes, maybe I could use the same repair shop you used and fix mine too. Please let me know! I am in Rio de Janeiro.
Thanks!
I had the same problem. I bought it in the United States and brought it to Brazil. Homepod has no support in my country and has turned a peper weight with flashing lights. Has anyone been able to fix or reset after this problem?
[doublepost=1568083420][/doublepost]
Last night I came home, asked Siri to play some music and I got no response. I looked over at the HomePod and the volume up/down buttons were flashing on and off.

Tried pushing the top of the HomePod, but it was completely unresponsive to any of my commands. Unplugged, replugged goes back to flashing lights. Tried doing a hard reset and nothing.

Called Apple support and did some troubleshooting, but they had no answers and said they don’t have any info on the flashing volume lights. Long story short my HomePod is dead.

Finally they suggested I bring it back to the Apple store for an exchange. I did a google search and couldn’t find any articles on this issue. Anyone else experienced this?
I had the same problem. I bought it in the United States and brought it to Brazil. Homepod has no support in my country and has turned a peper weight with flashing lights. Has anyone been able to fix or reset after this problem?

jeekid

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
I had the very same problem. There was no Apppe support in my country at that time. I tried everything I found on the web, including a factory reset, but it did not work.

So I unplugged my HomePod and placed it in the corner for about one month.

After one month "rest", I plugged the cord, and it becomes normal again!

I still don't know why.

• Wow
Reactions: caligurl

Piva

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2019
I had the very same problem. There was no Apppe support in my country at that time. I tried everything I found on the web, including a factory reset, but it did not work.

I still don't know why.
Uau! Great tip. I will try it!!!

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
This just happened to our HomePod. The speaker made a loud pop sound while we were listening to music with the flashing +/- upon reboots. Hoping the extended unplug will work.

Reactions: caligurl

Piva

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2019
I ended replacing my homepod at Apple store in Orlando. Nothing work for me.

V_Man

Cancelled
Aug 1, 2013
This just happened to our HomePod. The speaker made a loud pop sound while we were listening to music with the flashing +/- upon reboots. Hoping the extended unplug will work.
That doesn’t sound good at all. Hope it works for ya

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal

I still don't know why.
Well.... we were going to take the POS speaker out to the range for a little target practice... but now I think I'll let it sit around a while and try it again in a few weeks!?

I've already ordered a mini to replace the non responsive POS.

mizjax

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2021
We're in South Africa, they aren't selling homepods here yet, or in the near future. We bought one while we were in the states and it has always just flashed the volume plus and minus signs. We took it to our iStore and they said they can't fix it because it's not in the country. With lockdown, we haven't been able to send it back with anyone.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it or if it is possible? PLEASE HELP!

It's hard supporting Apple when they don't fully commit in country!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.