Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
A little updated to my adjustment to a smaller iPhone. I switched about 1.5 months ago, and while I have really enjoyed having a smaller iPhone, there are some annoying thing about the SE.

The biggest issue that I have noticed is that the Touch ID on the SE is not nearly as accurate as the 6s Plus was. It also takes longer to unlock.

Also, I still have an issue with accuracy when typing on the smaller keyboard of the SE. Although, one handed typing on the SE is still much easier and accurate than one handed typing on the 6s Plus.

I am happy I made the switch and "downgraded" to the SE. There are many more pros than cons for the SE, but there are certain things that the 6s Plus just does better. These two things seem to be the biggest issues for me.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
iPhone SE features a first gen TouchID sensor, doesn’t it?

If so it’d be odd, as all the other internals are for all intents and purposes the same as the 6S series.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
iPhone SE features a first gen TouchID sensor, doesn’t it?

If so it’d be odd, as all the other internals are for all intents and purposes the same as the 6S series.

There are some differences but nothing really major:
Obvious size, weight, and screen differences
3D Touch is on the 6s Plus, not the SE
SE has 1st gen Touch ID, vs 2nd gen on the 6s Plus
The 6S Plus has a barometer
6s Plus has a advanced LTE antenna, which is probably why the battery life using LTE on the 6s Plus is not as good as LTE on the SE
6s Plus camera has OIS

I might be missing a few very minor things, but the internals are pretty much the same.

A side note I noticed when looking up this stuff, the 7 also has very similar internals as both the 6s Plus and the SE. I don't think it would be too much of a noticeable difference in experience to switch from the 7 to an SE. In many ways, it could be easier than coming from a 6s Plus.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
We're all different of course, but I consider this a feature of the SE, not a detractor.
I wouldn't disagree, as I never really liked 3D Touch, and found using it very annoying. I know it is a popular feature, but it never appealed to me.

It is one thing that I do not miss one the 6s Plus.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.