Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VegasMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2005
Las Vegas
Wow you guys have quite a collection, All I have is the G3 blue, here's a pic.
G3mac.jpg

And I just purchased a G4 powerbook, and i love it.

andypress

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Imac dv 400mhz
WGS 6150/60
WGS 80
(12) 6100/60
(4) 6100/66
7100/80AV
7100/66AV
Mac SE
Mac Plus
PB 5300CS
Performa 620CD
Centris 660AV

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Pippin Games

Sly said:
So it was you who bought the grey case parts, I put a bid in on those myself, glad so see they went to a good home :)

Hi Sly
Great shots, many thanks for posting, very interesting. PS the grey case is no different to my black US Pippin I have and that was a boxed item.
Saved yourself £50 there!

I have taken a bunch of pics of the US broswer/registration CD's in action if you are interested.
Thanks

MarkJ

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
mkjj said:
I have taken a bunch of pics of the US broswer/registration CD's in action if you are interested.
Thanks

MarkJ

Post them, I would certainly be interested to see what it looks like.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Excellent, thanks good pics. The Japanese magazines and literature looks interesting too. I see you have the white keyboard and two grey/black Pippins and I have a grey keyboard and a white Pippin. :rolleyes: mmmm

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
White Pippins

I havw two brand new boxed white models also with a wireless contoller which is neat, way ahead of its time!

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Wow :cool: I didn't know there was a wireless controller, as far as I'm aware you can't even get them for PS2 yet. In many respects Pippin was way ahead of its time.

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
5300cs said:
...3 or 4 Apple logo-d laptop bags, 4 or 5 pens, and of course ...

Apple watches :)

I'm impressed with your collection of watches, I actually have one that I got for a birthday a long time ago but has not been used for years (not one that you have in your collection there though). Funny how after Steve Jobs took over the reigns they were never updated again :D

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Chimera said:
Funny how after Steve Jobs took over the reigns they were never updated again :D

I have read that Steve pulled the plug particularly on the watches, but also on lots of the other paraphernalia because the quality of these items where not great and did not reflect Apples own products.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Pippin/Watches

Hi Sly

Pic of controller, bottom right in box.

Got a few watches myself, just got the Apple Fossil watch a few days ago

Cheers

MJJ

Attachments

• Fossil2.jpg
    Fossil2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 125
  • pippin2.jpg
    pippin2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 133

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Boxed too :D I have the OS7.5 watch with a blue surround an a multi colour hands & the OS8 watch with red face and hands that make an 8 when they meet. Both nice watches, no packaging though.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Got that red OS8 one, its nice. Got a realy nice Jorg Gray Apple watch, very subtle, brushed silver and black strap witha very small Apple logo on the face. Not seen many of them since I bought mine a few years ago.

The quality of the watches in general are very good, shame you can't get them anymore

Cheers

Attachments

• Watch.jpg
    Watch.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 133

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
martinws said:
Not burying me, I think I can find space for another 10 years of Apple.
After that, perhaps it will be time to find another (bigger) house :)

Martin

Or maybe a bigger wallet.

I'm curious as to why you're saving them - nostalgia, collectible value, to use occasionally etc?

Personally, when something has outlived it's usefulness in my house, it's outta here, unless it was a gift or some other special reason.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
absolut_mac said:
Or maybe a bigger wallet.

I'm curious as to why you're saving them - nostalgia, collectible value, to use occasionally etc?

Personally, when something has outlived it's usefulness in my house, it's outta here, unless it was a gift or some other special reason.

Why do people collect anything old? If I had a really big bank account I would also like to collect classic sports cars, which are about as relevant to today’s motoring as old Macs are to modern computing. As the classic Ferrari was the pinnacle of engineering, style and elegance in its day, the classic Mac was Apples engineering gem of its day. Thousands if not Hundreds of thousands of hours went in to the design of each product, sure by today’s standards they are slow and old fashioned, but they are still pieces of engineering brilliance for their time. As with the Ferrari, It’s a whole lot of fun to take these classics for a spin in the modern world just to see what they can do. :D

martinws

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Dorset, UK
Sly said:
Why do people collect anything old? If I had a really big bank account I would also like to collect classic sports cars, which are about as relevant to today’s motoring as old Macs are to modern computing. As the classic Ferrari was the pinnacle of engineering, style and elegance in its day, the classic Mac was Apples engineering gem of its day. Thousands if not Hundreds of thousands of hours went in to the design of each product, sure by today’s standards they are slow and old fashioned, but they are still pieces of engineering brilliance for their time. As with the Ferrari, It’s a whole lot of fun to take these classics for a spin in the modern world just to see what they can do. :D

I couldn't put it better myself :)

Martin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.