Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
My MyQ suddenly decided it didn’t want to be a part of my HomeKit tonight. Hopefully unplugging and plugging some things back in will solve it in the morning. Anyone ever have it randomly go to “device not responding” in your Home app?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
About a year ago, I renovated my garage and had three LiftMaster 8550W installed. They have MyQ Wi-Fi built in so all I needed was the LiftMaster Hub to connect them to HomeKit and to be honest, they have been the most reliable of all my HomeKit devices. The only thing I can say is when I open the HomeKit app, I can see them updating momentarily but they’re ready to go by the time I blink. Never a “No Response” error and never an issue reconnecting to the network after a power outage or network reboot. Also, I love the highly customizable and granular notifications that can be set up with the MyQ app.

For the record, I have an eero Pro mesh with one of the routers in my garage but the LiftMaster Hub is a floor up and on the other side of the house next to my gateway eero Pro router.

And I definitely just jinxed it.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Back for more MyQ problems. I power cycled my router a few days ago and my garage doors wouldn’t come back (device not responding). The usual power cycle of the hub wouldn’t do the trick so I thought I’d remove them from HomeKit and re-add them. Big mistake. Now I can’t get them back in HomeKit at all. They work just fine in the MyQ app and that app is connecting to HomeKit, but no option to put the garage door openers back in HomeKit. And of course scanning the code isn’t working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.