Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
It sounds like those that are receiving their batteries are 15" PowerBook owners. Any 12" PowerBook owners get their replacements yet? I registered the first day of the exchange, but haven't received my battery yet. I really have no choice but to use my old battery in the mean time as I need my PowerBook for/at school. I figure it hasn't blown up in the nearly 2 years that I've had it, seems unlikely that it would now.

Ferrence

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2005
got mine yesterday

I submitted my claim the day the news broke... so, like a week and a half.

But, to answer questions concerning keeping the old battery. I literature that came with the new battery states that any person not return the old battery will be charged something like $143.00 (don't quote me), but it was something close to that.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Mine arrived yesterday...brought it in to work this morning and am currently running down the recalled battery prior to the swap. 27% and dropping!

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Cameront9 said:
"If Apple confirms that service is covered but you fail to follow instructions on returning the part, you will be charged a non-return fee of $143.33"

So send your old battery back! The package lists a "recommended due date" of 11/28/2006, so I would guess that you've got a while.
My label has the due date (11/30/2006) but nothing about a non-return fee. But Apple doesn't have my cc number either. ;)

L

Lau

It could be me imagining it, but it seems a lot cooler than my old one. I'm sure the right palmrest used to get toasty hot, and now it just seems mildly warm.

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Lau said:
It could be me imagining it, but it seems a lot cooler than my old one. I'm sure the right palmrest used to get toasty hot, and now it just seems mildly warm.

It's the left palmrest that always gets hot here, doubt my new battery will help though. :(

68% and going down...

CyberB0b

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Got mine yesterday. Packed up the old battery, but not sure where to take it. Do I need to take it to the post office?

GooMan

macrumors regular
May 8, 2006
USA
I thought Apple would probably be pretty quick turning the batteries around.

My wife's Dell was affected by their battery recall and it has been over 3 weeks since I ordered her replacement and it still hasn't even shipped, not that I am surprised or anything. :(

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
CyberB0b said:
Got mine yesterday. Packed up the old battery, but not sure where to take it. Do I need to take it to the post office?

In the US you can either take it to the post office or give it to a letter carrier. In Canada call UPS.

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
CyberB0b said:

I don't know about yours, but mine was shipped via FedEx. You can go to FedEx.com and search for drop-off locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.