Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.wojtek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Is there any network monitoring app similar to https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/? I use MenuMeters for current traffic monitoring and it works great but I'm looking for the statistics part (per time period and per app. Unfortunatelly ActivityMonitor is too basick.

I tried duckduckgoing but my search-fu didn't yield any sensible results :-(

EDIT: it turns out I'm blind and networkx has macOS version now :D

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Maybe

.wojtek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Maybe

Hmm... this looks more like a firewall? With some rudimentary stats stick onto it? But without much details?

Looks promising (it's FOSS <3) but it's stats are even more rudimentary and are more focused on remote servers/interfaces than totals or per-app/per-time stats?

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Little Snitch does have a network monitoring app, but the only thing I know how to review is the "last X" period of time. Not a particular period in the past.

Why aren't you just using Networx? What is missing that you are looking for?

P.S.

I say "duckducking". Same number of syllables as the evil version.

Last edited:
Reactions: .wojtek

.wojtek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Why aren't you just using Networx? What is missing that you are looking for?

Because I'm such a dumb-dumb that I didn't notice it has macOS version and though it's windows only :D (AFAIR when I switched to macos a decade ago it was windows only?).

Though got the dmg, installed it, run and see in `ps` / activity monitor that it's running but I don't see in try... argh

EDIT: nevermind... MBP and it's stupid notch ( 🤦 ) hid the entries because they are quite wide...

I say "duckducking". Same number of syllables as the evil version.
<3

Thanks for the hint, way better!

Reactions: svenmany

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I'm looking for the statistics part (per time period and per app.

Gives you stats per app:

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 04.00.19.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.