Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
Ive been doing some reading about NWN2 lately and from the sounds of it, everyone should be happy it took this long for them to port. The state of NWN2 has been extremely problem stricken with lots of bugs, bad performance, and a lack of good multiplayer tools.

From what I have read off the NWN2 forums It is just now starting to become a more polished game. They have made lots of bug fixes and performance enhancements. The good part is they are continuing to patch the game with new fixes and improvements.

So unfortunately I think that like NWN1, NWN2 started off in a pretty crappy state and will take years before it really shines. Its probably still fun in its current state however. I think I am going to buy the PC version when the expansion comes out in a month.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2006
USA
^^^ Those system requirements are painful ^^^
I'm OK with my MBP, but man, those requirements really cut a lot of people out of the loop...

Yea, and I wonder what DRM they are using that may conflict with "some disk and virtual disk drives." It would be nice if they told us so we could be prepared and look for some work arounds. What disk drives specifically? I've heard that some people have had problems with certain brands of dvd/cdrw writers and SecuRom DRM. Virtual disk drives what could that be?:rolleyes: I hope it all runs smoothly and that they provide more info. However, after the Bioshock fiasco I may decide to just play shareware games, or quit games altogether, or maybe take up board games. Checkers anyone?

Gurutech

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2006
Mac Release Date: December 2007
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.10
CPU Processor: Intel Chipset
CPU Speed: 1.83 GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 6.5 GB Hard Drive Space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 7300
Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB
Media Required: DVD Drive
MULTIPLAYER REQUIREMENTS:
Internet(TCP/IP) or LAN play supported
Internet play requires broadband connection
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
CPU Speed: 2.1 GHz
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.10
Memory: 2 GB
Video Memory (VRam): 256
Supported Video cards:

NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 7600, 8600
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
ATI Radeon X1600, X1900

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives.

NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported.

Although you can never trust minimum requirements, NWN2 is notorious for being a system hog. Since this is port, and ported games usually don't perform as well as it's native counterparts, don't expect too much if you have first generation mac intel machines.

I've played NWN2 on my CD Macbook Pro in bootcamp(overclocked GPU too), and based on that play and port, I wouldn't buy mac version. ;)

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Although you can never trust minimum requirements, NWN2 is notorious for being a system hog. Since this is port, and ported games usually don't perform as well as it's native counterparts, don't expect too much if you have first generation mac intel machines.

I've played NWN2 on my CD Macbook Pro in bootcamp(overclocked GPU too), and based on that play and port, I wouldn't buy mac version. ;)

Uh oh. Technically, My first gen MBP meets the recommended requirements (I got what was then the high-end one: 2.16, 2GB, 256MB X1600). I hope it's ok...

SupadudeX

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006

Well they had some new patches which were suppose to improve performance. So hopefully it runs a bit better. I still dont think I would buy the mac version though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.