Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Actually, I'm a bit confused about the iChat icon, it seems to vary depending on where it comes from...

There's the big one that I posted earlier which comes from Apple, however on Apple's site the logo is still the same.

However if you look at the Spotlight demo video (here) the logo is the original.

But from another user demo it shows the old iCon in the about box (here) and in Automator/Pipeline (here).

Anyone want to clarify?

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Wardofsky said:
Actually, I'm a bit confused about the iChat icon, it seems to vary depending on where it comes from...

There's the big one that I posted earlier which comes from Apple, however on Apple's site the logo is still the same.

However if you look at the Spotlight demo video (here) the logo is the original.

But from another user demo it shows the old iCon in the about box (here) and in Automator/Pipeline (here).

Anyone want to clarify?
I guess they just reflect different builds. Newer ones probably have the new icon.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
New iChat features I'd like to see:

Full support for AOL chatrooms and ability to list them and connect to them like AOL messanger.

Add support for Yahoo chatrooms and instant messanging (the current clients either support one or the other and poorly at that).

Offline messages. Yahoo Messanger has this capability, and it would be something great to have.

Add MSN chatroom and instant messanger support.

Add IRC chatroom support. If anyone in this thread is beta testing iChat, please pass it on to Apple. Of course also anyone interested should pass it on to

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ichat.html

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
what AIM patch?

What is this patch everyone is talking about for AIM 5.5? I updated my moms AIM to 5.5 and it still didn't work with iChat, didn't know there was a patch as well. Can anyone post a link to it? Thanks....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.