Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2021
So I am a big Achievement hunter, I love how you earn them, i like the challenges and the way the function. But after 7 years, I think its time to overhaul or add new features to keep the UI fresh and the users engaged.
What do you think Apple could add?
Here are a few things i would like:

- Completely new achievements and challanges:
- I would love sleep achievements
- New Fitness+ exclusive achievements, 10 trainings with Sherica for example…
- New ongoing achievements where you keep increasing your move goal for a couple of days.
- Different challenges with your friends, more training specific. for example virtual run races.
- Achievements you can set yourself.

- New UI Elements. I think a huge missed opportunity is the way the achievements you have earned multiple times are shown. I would love an interactive basket/backpack where each one is thrown into it, like the oral b app (see photo). I think showing the number 73 to 74 is not really motivating anymore.

- Maybe a fourth Ring? Food Tracking? Calorie intake?

What are some new ideas you think could work for example?
Greetings

Attachments

• 51B74CD8-C827-40FA-B79C-5227F41A0187.png
    51B74CD8-C827-40FA-B79C-5227F41A0187.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: bricktop_at

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2021
Trophies for multiple medals would also be nice!

djplong

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2015
New Hampshire
I want Apple to have a website or app like Runkeeper. On their site, I can see all kinds of reports and statistics. I can compare month-to-month, week-to-week, year-to-year. I know in an instant that I just cleared 2,500 miles of total running since I started. I enter notes with each run and take a picture - the notes being any pains or other special things that happened on that run. I can set things up for being a run, walk, hike, bike or swim and view those stats accordingly. I've been known to do an impromptu run or walk for the sole purpose of "getting a new map" put into my feed since it records a map for outdoor activities. I can set all kinds of goals in Runkeeper and also make all kinds of different custom workouts (I run intervals so varying my run/walk intervals is important).

If I could do all that and import my Runkeeper data... But, even now, with Runkeeper, I can run on the treadmill and enter in how many miles the treadmill says I've done. If I try an indoor run with the Fitness app, it tries to guess (horribly badly) how far I've gone by basing it on my normal WALK cadence.

Apple could REALLY put the whole package together here. They already RECORD most of the needed data. Add a few more bits on the "input" side and give us an app or a website for the "output" and they will practically OWN me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.