Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
Usually takes a good day to get products that are released immediately onto the carriers sites. They dont have time to prepare, Id assume. In any case, I waited myself and said the heck with it and ordered off the Apple site. SG 64GB 11 with LTE. Now I need to find a folio type case. I was going to go for the smart keyboard but I like folding the case over and using the iPad.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Just waiting on AT&T to update their website so I can order an LTE version via AT&T next since Apple's website won't allow that..
I'm trying to remember how long it was before the last release of the Pros ended up on the ATT site. Like you, I usually buy the cellular version with ATT Next. It was a decent wait before the last ones hit the ATT site I think. Since I'm usually on a 2 year(ish) iPad cycle anyway Next makes sense instead of spending all that money up front.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
I'm trying to remember how long it was before the last release of the Pros ended up on the ATT site. Like you, I usually buy the cellular version with ATT Next. It was a decent wait before the last ones hit the ATT site I think. Since I'm usually on a 2 year(ish) iPad cycle anyway Next makes sense instead of spending all that money up front.

Yup same here. Shame they make us wait!

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
Im with both of you above. I too usually buy with the NEXT program. This time, I said, "hell with it" as I have some disposable funds I planned on using anyways on it and just pulled the trigger. One cool thing I just noticed is that Apple Care can be purchased at a monthly rate now of 5.99. I didnt know that prior. Always thought it was an upfront charge.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I’d be surprised if they have pre-orders. I’m pretty sure last round they weren’t available until after they were released. I vaguely remember having this same debate in my head about buying outright or waiting for Next.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
We received an update at work that the iPads will be up for pre order starting November 1st on at&t’s Website.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
We received an update at work that the iPads will be up for pre order starting November 1st on at&t’s Website.

Alright awesome! I need to sell my current pro but waiting to sauté my order so I can sell it

Still for next Friday delivery? Any one know?

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I just ordered mine through AT&T. Usually don't but went with it this time. Now for the wait. If this goes anything like ordering the iPhones each year I won't know an actual delivery date until about 48 hours before it arrives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.