Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Yep, just ordered a Space Gray 11" 256gb. Nov 7-15th. I had a very hard time deciding between the two sizes. Ultimately I think it came down to wanting to read before bed and the 12.9" seemed way too cumbersome for that. Need to order that pencil now too. . . Damn you Apple!

Reactions: koooolkeith

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Yep, just ordered a Space Gray 11" 256gb. Nov 7-15th. I had a very hard time deciding between the two sizes. Ultimately I think it came down to wanting to read before bed and the 12.9" seemed way too cumbersome for that. Need to order that pencil now too. . . Damn you Apple!
I'd thought about the 11 during the event but it's too small for me. I use my current Pro to read in bed and I can usually hold it fine with one hand (no case though). I imagine the new one will weigh a bit less.
I ordered the Pencil earlier this week and wasn't planning on getting the iPad for another month or so...until I saw this forum post lol Pencil is on track for 11/7 with the iPad coming after I suppose.
[doublepost=1541053293][/doublepost]
Ordered a 256gb 12.5 for myself and an 11in 64 for my Nana; both in space grey. I got 11/8 - 11/15 on both.

Same. All of my AT&T deliveries ship FedEx.
Anytime I've ordered AT&T it comes FedEx. It ships UPS from China to AT&T's warehouse then FedEx to customers.

Reactions: Curly Lu

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I'd thought about the 11 during the event but it's too small for me. I use my current Pro to read in bed and I can usually hold it fine with one hand (no case though). I imagine the new one will weigh a bit less.

Yeah, that is exactly what I had mulled over before getting the 11". I'm sure the 12.9" would have been fine, but with owning the iPhone XS Max and a 15" MacBook Pro I figured I didn't really *need* the 12.9". Either way I have 14 days or whatever it is from AT&T to exchange. Should be here soon!

Reactions: jazz1

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Dates now Nov 9-16. So slowly slipping a day. Still better than Apple’s ETA for same model. But you’re probably more likely to get it early from Apple than you are ATT.

Thanks to the person saying they’ll be up on the site on the 1st!

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I was on at midnight,
Dates now Nov 9-16. So slowly slipping a day. Still better than Apple’s ETA for same model. But you’re probably more likely to get it early from Apple than you are ATT.

Thanks to the person saying they’ll be up on the site on the 1st!

I was on at midnight EST, and I got Nov 23-30 for the 1TB gray.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
I went with the Space Grey, 256 with a 11/8-15 ship date. Hopefully they process these for 11/7 delivery but if it's a couple days later no big deal.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone know if AT&T ships with signature required? I see my iPad is set to deliver tomorrow, I won’t be home, and I can’t tell if I have to sign for it or not. I also can’t find on the website where I can just read direct the delivery to pick it up at a FedEx location which is right by my work

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Anyone know if AT&T ships with signature required? I see my iPad is set to deliver tomorrow, I won’t be home, and I can’t tell if I have to sign for it or not. I also can’t find on the website where I can just read direct the delivery to pick it up at a FedEx location which is right by my work

Usually not.
[doublepost=1541611021][/doublepost]
I went with the Space Grey, 256 with a 11/8-15 ship date. Hopefully they process these for 11/7 delivery but if it's a couple days later no big deal.

11/9 here, so I'm thinking most of us will get them Friday.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone else get there’s today? Do they not come setup? I thought it would, but I don’t think I even got a SIM.
[doublepost=1541645604][/doublepost]Talked to ATT, apparently the new iPads are supposed to be using the eSIM, they don’t come with a physical SIM. However the eSIM is not working, so I have to wait for a SIM or go to the ATT store and get a SIM before I can use the cellular plan. I was not the first person to speak with this specific rep, kind of sounds like it’s an issue with potentially all the new iPads.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Anyone else get there’s today? Do they not come setup? I thought it would, but I don’t think I even got a SIM.
[doublepost=1541645604][/doublepost]Talked to ATT, apparently the new iPads are supposed to be using the eSIM, they don’t come with a physical SIM. However the eSIM is not working, so I have to wait for a SIM or go to the ATT store and get a SIM before I can use the cellular plan. I was not the first person to speak with this specific rep, kind of sounds like it’s an issue with potentially all the new iPads.

Should have came with a SIM.
I won't have mine until Friday.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Should have came with a SIM.
I won't have mine until Friday.

They should have included one, but they don’t because of the eSIM. Might want to go pick one up to have Friday so they can activate it.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Just a little tip, but AT&T is told to charge customers for SIM cards when they've lost theirs or something, so make up some story that makes it seem like either AT&T didn't give you one or you had one and it was defective and Apple threw it away - something that diverts blame from you.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Just a little tip, but AT&T is told to charge customers for SIM cards when they've lost theirs or something, so make up some story that makes it seem like either AT&T didn't give you one or you had one and it was defective and Apple threw it away - something that diverts blame from you.

Thanks, he said it wood be free, we will see I guess.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Well to my surprise my iPad is out for delivery. It shipped out late last night even though I had a 11/9 delivery date! Not complaining!

Were you able to set it up with the internal Sim card?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.