Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
Yeah as that video says the minimum focus distance has changed with the 14 pro max camera so unfortunately it’s not an issue it’s by design

Kobs

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2022
I think there is no major problem
1C23BC1A-3155-4AD8-A9BF-74237FCDEB5F.jpeg

Tedco21

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022
Just because you haven’t experienced the problem, doesn’t mean there’s no issue. There is definitely an issue with the focus. Not my first iphone.

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
Just because you haven’t experienced the problem, doesn’t mean there’s no issue. There is definitely an issue with the focus. Not my first iphone.
there is a minimum focus distance requirement with the 14 pro max, no issues here, if you can't take that might as well trade back for iPhone 13 Pro Max.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
It’s not an issue it’s by design the minimum focus distance has changed the video above explains it

Tedco21

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022
The video only explains one aspect. There is still an issue where the focus locks on to the closest object, and focuses on that. For example, taking a picture out the window of a car. It focuses on the dashboard. This has never been a problem before. Yes, I know my options of trading down models. I still say it’s a screw up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
It’s not an issue it’s by design the minimum focus distance has changed the video above explains it
The other issues is focus points. The main camera will use a point of an object and blur the back ground. So when you zoom in on and object the focus points may not be part of the end picture. Play around with 9+ on the zoom

Reactions: 5105973

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Nothing more frustrating, when they tell you that you’re the only one that has this problem.

You are not the only one. Look at every issue with an apple device. It starts off with a few, then more, then a software update, more phone sold more problems. Then the ones that don’t have the issue step aside and ignore the threads discussing the issue

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
The other issues is focus points. The main camera will use a point of an object and blur the back ground. So when you zoom in on and object the focus points may not be part of the end picture. Play around with 9+ on the zoom
Only option is to downgrade or just live with it until iPhone 15

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
The video only explains one aspect. There is still an issue where the focus locks on to the closest object, and focuses on that. For example, taking a picture out the window of a car. It focuses on the dashboard. This has never been a problem before. Yes, I know my options of trading down models. I still say it’s a screw up.
My 13 PM also did this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.