Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Oh yes I Know. His voice agitates me and his “oh the iPhone has a problem let’s make a video” attitude aggravates me as well.

I just can’t forget this guy got famous and rich from bending a damn iPhone. So everything Apple has that’s a “problem” you can guarantee he’s the first one to make a video ...

While MKBHD and iJustine are the first ones to come in and save Apple..

iJustine is barf flaky/fake too, cant stand more than 10 seconds of listening to her. MKBHD is typically pretty fair, I do sub to him. He actually seems to enjoy tech at least. Flossy Carter is pretty fair overall and very entertaining to watch; he's the make tech fun for average people type.

I've stopped watching a ton of tech Youtube because it's just clickbait fanboy crap on one side or the other. It's just pandering to their fan bases for that click revenue now.

If Android got OS updates and wasn't so insecure/privacy creepy (not just Google services, but that recent Google can remote access your device and change settings in Android P; truly creepy they can access your device contents without permission) I may consider it. Android offers a lot and Apple seems reluctant to advance their OS (maybe iOS13 overhaul?). I not loyal to any product.

Unbox is on the same truly lame clickbait level as that EverythingApplePro guy who very clearly are only in it for the view $$$.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
About 1 in 10 times I plug mine in and it takes 20-30 seconds to start charging. I doubt this is a hardware issues and more of a handshaking issue. The next update can’t come soon enough with all these issues.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
I have this exact same issue on my iPhone 6. Not always, but sometimes. Need to press home button for the charging to start. Always thought this was just due to it being 3 years old, but i guess something's up with iOS

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
i have the same issue also but since i use wireless charging i don't see the big deal about it. maybe i will use it for an excuse to have apple swap it out in the future. if my phone gets any scratches and stuff.

Reactions: tt061282

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
It must be a bug in iOS 12 since I've noticed that exact behavior with my 8 Plus two or three times since iOS 12.

I wondered about the missing "bling" sound when plugging it in (the original 5W brick), so I unlocked it and... "bling" ... it started charging. I didn't really care about since I stubled across the news about charging issues.

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
This is on a mass scale. I was shocked that there were at least 6 Apple diehards at my office that are having this issue. But as I've said many times before, many diehard Apple fans won't come out in the open to admit their precious Apple device is having issues. Instead, they'll try to protect Apple's image by secretly going to the Apple Store and try to get it resolved. And that is exactly what 4 of them did. Only one was given a new phone, and still has the issue with the new phone. The others left with no resolution. They're all still really p'd off. The fact that this is happening with so many people who are running the same software as other people who are not having an issue, tells you this is most likely due to extremely poor quality control on the production line. Apple needs to come out and admit they have a problem and give full refunds if the customers want a refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: tt061282

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
10s Max and mine charges fine while locked and asleep. I use fast charging so tried with 5w brick and still works.

However, when I leave it asleep for a minute than try it, it doesn’t work. And have to unplug then plug it back in...

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
iJustine is barf flaky/fake too, cant stand more than 10 seconds of listening to her. MKBHD is typically pretty fair, I do sub to him. He actually seems to enjoy tech at least. Flossy Carter is pretty fair overall and very entertaining to watch; he's the make tech fun for average people type.

I've stopped watching a ton of tech Youtube because it's just clickbait fanboy crap on one side or the other. It's just pandering to their fan bases for that click revenue now.

If Android got OS updates and wasn't so insecure/privacy creepy (not just Google services, but that recent Google can remote access your device and change settings in Android P; truly creepy they can access your device contents without permission) I may consider it. Android offers a lot and Apple seems reluctant to advance their OS (maybe iOS13 overhaul?). I not loyal to any product.

Unbox is on the same truly lame clickbait level as that EverythingApplePro guy who very clearly are only in it for the view $$$.

MKBHD and Flossy Carter are 2 of my faves, but iJustine and her sister OMG. There voices and some of the iSheep things they do. Linus I can’t get into him and Austin Evans I can’t get over his “Hey guys, This is Austin. Lol.

EverythingApplePro used to be much better then he is now. Now he does too much clickbait stuff just to get views.

One person I hardly ever think of, but for the most part he seems ok is Johnathan Morrison. Idk why I forget about him.

Seems we both agree on Unbox Therapy, iJustine and EverythingApplePro lol.

I know most of this is seriously OT, but it did start out with a YouTube video LOL
[doublepost=1538242186][/doublepost]
I too am having this issue. JFC what a POS phone this is, this year.

Hey, UK fan!!! You in Kentucky??

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012

How many YouTubers do you know who aren’t only in it for the view $$$? :) I can probably count the number I know on one hand.

Reactions: Orangeman13

Sevanw

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
How many YouTubers do you know who aren’t only in it for the view $$$? :) I can probably count the number I know on one hand.

They're all in it for the money. What's worse is, people actually think they're professionals. Really? Professionals? Professional what? There's no qualifications to be a Youtuber. It's a complete joke. The only thing they're good for is to see hands on videos of things you don't have access to at the moment.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018

Well true. I mean more that some actually making interesting content not pandering to the clicks. But most of those people already have money or another job and the ad revenue is meaningless.

Like Adam Savage from Mythbusters; fascinating channel he runs of intelligent content and clearly doesn't need the ad revenue with his background.

They're all in it for the money. What's worse is, people actually think they're professionals. Really? Professionals? Professional what? There's no qualifications to be a Youtuber. It's a complete joke. The only thing they're good for is to see hands on videos of things you don't have access to at the moment.

It's sad some are making tens of thousand per month and most are millennials with no other life skills and the vast majority would be homeless if Youtube shut down tomorrow. Meanwhile, we pay cops, EMT, and teachers who contribute to society's benefit rather poorly.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Unbox therapy, barf. An overdramatic child who wants to use -gate for everything. It'll be fixed, there is no denying there is some software issue with sleep.

What my logical GUESS the issue is, is some issue with that new USB lockout and it is not letting the charger through that security like it should be doing. That's why if you wake it then it starts to charge; it cancels that hour of inactivity. I suspect it is a simple software bug.

"But I dont hate Apple" mmhmmm, proceeds to make 18 iphone problem/sucks videos for clickbait $ purposes from his mostly Android following.

"But lemme tweet Tim Cook why me no invited to the event or get a review phone?" See above about 18 Apple bashing videos; because THAT makes perfect marketing sense to give you anything.

$2000 per million views of ad revenue, laughing his way to the bank with $150k. Thats why the overdramatics, overdramatic ridiculous thumbnails and clickbait titles.

Anyone who believes "YouTubers" do it for the good of people or care about you are joking themselves big time. It's ALL about clicks and that $$$$$. If you took away ad revenue how many would still be doing it for the fun of it or to help people? My guess is VERY low.
I do miss the old YouTube reviewers like Noah Kravitz and Aaron Baker from Phonedog as well as Rafe Blandford and Steve Litchfield from All About Symbian, those guys did it for the passion.

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
I do miss the old YouTube reviewers like Noah Kravitz and Aaron Baker from Phonedog as well as Rafe Blandford and Steve Litchfield from All About Symbian, those guys did it for the passion.

Oh yes. I do miss them. Then they did it because they loved tech.

Nowadays I think the only one that passionately loves tech is MKBHD. He does a good job.

Most are all for the $$$!

Reactions: 1144557 and Tsepz

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
10s Max and mine charges fine while locked and asleep. I use fast charging so tried with 5w brick and still works.

However, when I leave it asleep for a minute than try it, it doesn’t work. And have to unplug then plug it back in...

Have you checked to make sure settings - faceID - "usb accessories" is turned on?

its SUPPOSED to work like this if its turned OFF, Any response here that does not specify that the setting is ON does not shed any light on this situation

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Have you checked to make sure settings - faceID - "usb accessories" is turned on?

its SUPPOSED to work like this if its turned OFF, Any response here that does not specify that the setting is ON does not shed any light on this situation

That’s if it is locked for an hour, not a minute.

Reactions: jtrue28

Jomppa

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Xs Max here and tested as i charge only with wireless charger. I had 50% difference. It worked as should the unplug - screen off - plugin - no charging. Waking the screen didnt make ant difference, i had to unplug and plugin again to start charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.