Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chublet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
I have upgraded from a 2013 iMac to a M2 Mini and have two outstanding issues before everything is exactly as I want it (ie as my old machine was):

1. I want my wallpaper to change every minute to a different random picture from my photos library. I have gone into System Settings/Wallpaper and added my photos so there is a section in Wallpaper called 'All photos'. If I click on a photo it makes that my wallpaper. However, when I use 'Auto rotate' the section at the top says 'Rotating through "All Photos" Change picture every 5 seconds' (randomly is ticked) but it only ever chooses the photo from a handful at the beginning of the list (there are over 5000 to choose from). If I don't have it set to random it works its way through them all.
Basically, it only displays the photos in a linear manner whereas I want it to choose one completely at random from the 5000 available.

2. On my old iMac I had the dock set up so that next to the Bin was an icon and when I clicked on it all my attached hard drives would come up in the fan - I remember achieving this by using the 'Go to Folder' and somehow making some kind of shortcut to the Volumes which I then placed in my Dock but can't for the life of me either remember how I did it or find it on a search!

Any advice on these two questions would be very gratefully received

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.