Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
13-1.jpg

13-2.jpg

13-3.jpg

13-4.jpg

While those specs are definitely possible, I find it hard to believe that a live chat support agent would simply give out these "Internal" specs not available to the public yet and admit to it.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
it'd be great if this is true though, announcement would be soon then

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I have my monies waiting! Those specs sound closer to a $350+ pricetag versus the $199. If they were able to keep it under $250 that would simply be amazing.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
I just tried out a Nexus 7 today at Office Depot. The screen size felt rather small. Especially when you account for the navigation bar in addition to tabs and URL/Search bar inside a browser...

While those specs are definitely possible, I find it hard to believe that a live chat support agent would simply give out these "Internal" specs not available to the public yet and admit to it.

I just tried it and the agent I spoke to said they had no information on the K009.

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have my monies waiting! Those specs sound closer to a $350+ pricetag versus the $199. If they were able to keep it under $250 that would simply be amazing.

Eh...5MP camera shouldnt cost anything and it is only catching up to other FFC's w/ 2 MP. Trying to Skype my Wife on her 1.2 MP is awful.

I was hoping for a 8" screen since the N7 has a lot of wasted space not being used. We'll see how much it costs. Its either one of those or a Note 8.0 for me.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
the Nexus 7 successor has been rumored to be released so many times this year that I believe that the Ipad Mini with retina display will come out sooner than that.. Hopefuly I am wrong!

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
I actually think q2 is until July. Q1 does not actually start until February. January is part of q4

At least that is how some companies do it.

Mmm, no, Q1 starts in January.

Another thing is fiscal quarters than they don't have to be the same as natural quarters but they normally start in January, April, July and October

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I love my Nexus 7 but lately the lag has been awful. Still, for a $200 tablet it does so much. I'm kind of eager to see the next iPad, both sizes, and the next N7 and then go from there. I really need to upgrade to something nice to get me through the next couple years of school and I am already pretty involved in both ecosystems so whoever has the better deal before Xmas gets my money.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
Can't wait. I have an iPhone 4s and iPad now. I already know I'm going GS4 for the phone, but contemplating iPad mini or whatever the new Nexus is. I'm quite the power user as I'm a real estate agent and manage entire deals on the go from writing contracts and getting signatures to video tours for clients out of town.

Camera specs and on-board memory, combined with price point, will be the deciding factors for me. Though a Nexus 8 would be nice... just right.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I love my Nexus 7 but lately the lag has been awful. Still, for a $200 tablet it does so much. I'm kind of eager to see the next iPad, both sizes, and the next N7 and then go from there. I really need to upgrade to something nice to get me through the next couple years of school and I am already pretty involved in both ecosystems so whoever has the better deal before Xmas gets my money.

Did a restore a few days ago and bye bye lag and slow downloads.

The love is back and I feel no need to upgrade now.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA

Well look at you, you sneaky SOB :D

The only thing I hope they improve on the bezel size. The bezel on the current N7 is gigantic. Add that to the on-screen buttons and it feels like the screen is tiny.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Well look at you, you sneaky SOB :D

The only thing I hope they improve on the bezel size. The bezel on the current N7 is gigantic. Add that to the on-screen buttons and it feels like the screen is tiny.
Totally agree.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I'm thinking of selling my Nexus 10 to buy the next Nexus 7. Tried one last week for the first time and liked it. Problem is Nexus 7 screen is too small and Nexus 10 screen too big.

I'd prefer a 4:3 aspect ratio, but...

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Did a restore a few days ago and bye bye lag and slow downloads.

The love is back and I feel no need to upgrade now.

I did a restore also but it didn't seem to improve anything. I have very few things installed on my N7 and it's lagging problem has gotten progressively worse. I still use it daily, but even for small tasks it seems to drag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.