Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
I can't wait. the public needs tabs and better image handling.

I agree. I know the "Services" can be found in the finder bar but I would also like to see all of OS X's Services added to the contextual menu... (click and hold, or control click and hold) specificaly the Mail... They should also add your addressbook to Mail... that way you could select some text or URL and have it sent to a friend. Maybe there could be an automated sent from/subject that you can change in the prefs in the Safari.app

richie

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Originally posted by j33pd0g
I know the "Services" can be found in the finder bar but I would also like to see all of OS X's Services added to the contextual menu... (click and hold, or control click and hold)

Holy monkey on a stick, that's the best idea I've heard in ages. A simple Services option with drill-through menus, all at a control-click. I've always thought services were cool, but too far away from the current workflow to be of great use, but that's.. wow. :)

Sorry for the offtopic :)

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
They should all be public versions!!!!
did you ever try these versions? all but v62 did suck on different things. most notably the handling of postdata or submitting forms. it wouldn't have been good if these had been public

cionheart

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by backspinner
did you ever try these versions? all but v62 did suck on different things. most notably the handling of postdata or submitting forms. it wouldn't have been good if these had been public

Agree. Also, image how difficult it would be for the developers if they get thousands of bug reports for several different versions. The bug report feature can just work if almost every user uses the same version. If they came out with a new version every week this wouldn't be the case.

V.67 crashed my system and I had to do some serious unix hacking to recover without losing something. A lot of people want to have some kind of stability (altought it's a beta) and programmers can't publish a stable version every week.

-- cionheart

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Does anyone thing that there is a possibility that Apple removes tabs and autofill in the next released version because they are not yet completed?

os4

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2001
I agree. I know the "Services" can be found in the finder bar but I would also like to see all of OS X's Services added to the contextual menu... (click and hold, or control click and hold) specificaly the Mail... They should also add your addressbook to Mail... that way you could select some text or URL and have it sent to a friend. Maybe there could be an automated sent from/subject that you can change in the prefs in the Safari.app

download IceCoffee, a preference pane that enables Services CMM and global menu.

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13381&db=mac

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Freg3000
Does anyone thing that there is a possibility that Apple removes tabs and autofill in the next released version because they are not yet completed?

That thought passed my mind too. Who knows, though? We'll all have to wait and see.

I'd just be happier with improvements in speed in general.

D

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
A new Safari Public Beta is overdue in my opinion. I'm using v67, and it's close to being as bug-free as v60. The only general problem is when you set the tab bar to be always viewable, when you open a new tab, the graphic for the old one doesn't change. Hardly a massive problem.

I think it's quite possible that we'll see public release today. Apple's done a lot to the app, adding AutoFill and tabs, and it's about time they shared those great new features with all of us.

pncc

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
v.60 printing?

Anyone try printing a web page from within v.60? I am running 10.2.4 and web pages print really wacky-poor quality, REALLY poor. I even launched Explorer and print quality is lousy there as well so it must be in the OS not the browser. It is weird that poor print quality is limited to web browsers.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
all I really want is for more web pages to load correctly... a lot of request forms and pages in article databases that I need do not load in Safari v60 and I'm forced to use IE. :(

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
I hope I can use the next release of Safari with my web banking. I think if they don't fix compatability issues with web applications, and people have to use ie, they will never be able to crush M$. I hate having to use ie.

I know it's still in the beta stages... but give us a sign... something so the business world can take safari seriously.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
webcore version 68 was released a few days ago so the new pb will most likely be based on that version. safari is about as complete as i need for a full time browser (it's the only browser on my computer). the only missing features are click-and-hold menus with services built in, a "block all ads from this server" option like mozilla, and it should definitely store its bookmarks in the addressbook database rather than within the app.

macfreak

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2001
Virginia
Safari and Hotmail

I really hope Apple fixes the problem with Safari not working with the Hotmail website. Every time I try to log in, the page doesn't do anything.

When the heck are they going to release the next version? It's been long enough...we deserve tabs!

Tokyo

macrumors member
May 7, 2002
I've been using v67 for a bit, and I like the tabbed browsing--very nicely done--but I still won't use Safari.

Why not? No way to turn off the consarned animated GIFs or Flash animations. I for one cannot comfortably read a page of anything with a dozen annoying cartoons flashing and waving from all corners of the screen. I know ads are necessary for many sites to function, but when I can't read a page for all the distractions it's no good to me anyway.

Wish I could use Safari, but not yet. I'll keep using Mozilla, with the GIFs turned off (and Flash disabled in the Preferences folder in the Library).

Tokyo

macdong

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Seattle, WA
I hope I can use the next release of Safari with my web banking. I think if they don't fix compatability issues with web applications, and people have to use ie, they will never be able to crush M$. I hate having to use ie.

I know it's still in the beta stages... but give us a sign... something so the business world can take safari seriously.

That is definitely something they have to fix, quickly.
By the way, may I suggest you use Navigator for online banking? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.