Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notkevin

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by tliptak
v67 is 1.0b, v64 was .87b... Version 1.0 is right around the corner

And the last public beta is 1.0b (v60) and IIRC the first public beta was also lable 1.0b .... nothing earth shattering there...

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Originally posted by cionheart
V.67 crashed my system and I had to do some serious unix hacking to recover without losing something. A lot of people want to have some kind of stability (altought it's a beta) and programmers can't publish a stable version every week.

-- cionheart
Hm. I "obtained" a copy of V.67 and I am so used to tabbed browsing, I can't go back to the V.60 that software update keeps bothering me about. But what you say above makes me a little nervous. Guess I shouldn't be using an unreleased version unless I'm prepared to get screwed, huh?

By the way, I have Camino, and like the tabbed browsing...but I like Safari more!

hokka

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2003
Sydney
the only complain I have of v60 (as i've never seen v67) is when moving cursor over a link, there's no visual cue (eg. a URL) of where or what it leads to - very annoying

Swordsman

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by hokka
the only complain I have of v60 (as i've never seen v67) is when moving cursor over a link, there's no visual cue (eg. a URL) of where or what it leads to - very annoying

You can view where the link leads to by going to view and open the status bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.