Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
clayj said:
One note: When Vista Setup first rebooted, it rebooted into Mac OS X. I don't know why it did this (i.e., whether it's normal).

I brought a copy of 5536 home from work today and installed it on my iMac, and it didn't drop into OS X at the first reboot. I didn't have any problems at all with installation, and it didn't screw up OS X :)

On the other hand, it forgot it had an Internet connection after about 10 minutes of use.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
doesnt the link to that build have the same extension vista_5536.16385 ? :confused:

Is this any different to the other link posted aswell ? confusing ...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
clayj said:
Well, now that other link doesn't seem to work...

Im halfway through download the other link, but whats strange is it is 3200.1mb and yet this link is 2643.3mb ??? Why 600mb difference :confused:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
MacRumorUser said:
Im halfway through download the other link, but whats strange is it is 3200.1mb and yet this link is 2643.3mb ??? Why 600mb difference :confused:

The copy I got from work was about 2.6 GB (I don't have the exact size on hand at the moment). The link I posted before shows as 2.58 GB for me, so presumably it's the same. I don't know where you got 3200 MB from :confused:

Update: As expected, the one I got from work is identical to the public preview, I compared the MD5 sums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Nermal said:
The copy I got from work was about 2.6 GB (I don't have the exact size on hand at the moment). The link I posted before shows as 2.58 GB for me, so presumably it's the same. I don't know where you got 3200 MB from :confused:

That's how big it showed in speed download 4 ? :eek:

Nextstep OS X

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2003
Los Angeles CA
No Aero

I nstalled Pre-RC 5536 and the default video was VGA.

Then i extracted the driver from the Bootcamp cd into a folder.

I now have proper screen resolution (with the bootcamp driver) but no Aero

I heard the Lakeport WDDM driver works for Aero... cant find it.

--
Macbook 2.0ghz
512mb ram

Thanks

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Nextstep OS X said:
I nstalled Pre-RC 5536 and the default video was VGA.

Then i extracted the driver from the Bootcamp cd into a folder.

I now have proper screen resolution (with the bootcamp driver) but no Aero

I heard the Lakeport WDDM driver works for Aero... cant find it.

--
Macbook 2.0ghz
512mb ram

Thanks

You dont need the drivers from the cd, that was your mistake.
Run windows update / and choose optional hardware and let it install the latest drivers for your the gma950....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.