Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
How can anyone complain about new content in BC? There are new instances in regular and heroic modes, new raid instances, and more. Anyone who complains about nothing to do in BC is not playing the game right.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
For some reason this makes me want to think that they're nearing completion on SC 2. :cool:

They have separate teams working on Startcraft 2 and World of Warcraft. While there may be slight resource sharing I doubt there is very much. In my workplace we have *many* groups of programmers all working on different projects and aside from asking for help on bits of code here and there between friends there is little resource sharing.

I sure hope they don't get into the same routine as EQ currently is, ie. a minor expansion every six months that adds almost nothing to the game. Burning Crusade was pushing it by adding very little content for the price.

Anybody who had been playing the game from release had plenty of time to get to 60. Anybody that hadn't had the time didn't have to purchase the expansion. For the price there were 11 new zones added, 13+ instances added and a bunch of other things that one may or may not consider trivial. 2 new races is semi-trivial but there are still other considerations past "new model and we're done". Same thing with Jewelcrafting, flying mounts, quests, quest plot lines, new models for creatures and environment, textures, etc...

I have to agree, I hope they don't let WoW get too fragmented. They should be generating new content to keep the subscriptions flowing in, not worrying about 'expansions' IMHO.

This is new content to keep subscriptions flowing in. Most people that were 60 on release of Burning Crusade are easily 70 at this point and somewhat bored. I have 2 characters at level 70 and consider myself casual.

A mere ten dollars less than the original retail price of the game is a bit much for an expansion that contains less than a quarter of the content of the original game.

Unfortunately it's the norm for expansions in most all MMORPG's. I do agree that the price should be less (maybe $30 or so) but it's fairly irrelevant because people are willing to pay that much for it anyway. Oddly enough they spent a ton of money marketing the expansion when in reality if they hadn't advertised at all it would've sold just as much. The advertising was mostly to draw new people into the game I would imagine.

And 1% of the WOW players haven't ever discovered naxx!

Naxx was released at a horrible time. I'm sure the devs figured that out quick and I doubt that will happen again. At the time I was in a fairly high end guild (although I didn't raid much if at all) and they were not even far into Naxx when BC was released. Of course now you have your whole guild wanting to get to 70 and pushing Naxx aside. It looks like they are redoing Naxx to Northrend to make the content unwasted.

All I can say is what others have said. They need to add some content to both the Original and the BC to also offer new challenges to the veteran players and more for the new players to entice them to buy not only BC but the new one. I bought BC and still have not found much use for it yet!

Why should they add new content to the old world? Even now when I level up a new character I still have too many quests that I skip and for the most part those zones are nowhere near as populated as they used to be. A veteran player doesn't care that 5 new quests were added to each old zone and a new player wouldn't even realize they were new. If you bought BC and haven't experienced Outlands you probably made the mistake of buying it early. I've done this in previous MMORPG's where even though I was level 40 I bought 3 expansions for level 80 players... just try to resist... it's hard I know... but don't buy the new expansion until you've hit 68...

Personally I have stopped raiding except maybe one night a month to fill a spot. I'm currently progressing through PvP rewards since they are self paced. Yes there are some hardcore PvPers out there that can get all their epics in a few weeks whereas mine might take a month or two per piece. But it is progression and I enjoy PvP. If you have no desire to PvP and hit 70 I could see the game being incredibly boring though.

eruvisu

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
Panda...all I can say is...thank you. Without being critical you found reason in everything.

I was reading through these posts and was a little put back by some of the stuff I was reading, it did not make sense to me, sometimes I have to stand back and tell myself, that others have an opinion, just like I have one and it always isn't going to be the same.

At times I think that maybe I don't see WoW the same as everyone else cause I just started playing not too long ago, other times I think it is because other people just have a better knack for that game or games in general...I can see them getting bored more easy because frankly they don't realize that they just play better than someone like me.

Other times I think people think a little too narrow. It's easy to say...add new content, when your not the one building the game, and having to take the game as a whole into consideration, or understand simply how long it actually takes to do what they are asking.

And maybe I am just too relaxed a person or think too simply, but lets say as an example, you make a charrie and get it to level 70. You then max it out elite, well your done...right? Couldn't you always start again with another charrie of another class? Even switch from Alliance to Horde or vice versa? I know I know, its still the same content...well, maybe, but the challenge is different...sometimes, its all about mindset.

In the end, its just a game, just relax and have fun.

michael85

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Antwerp, Belgium
I'm desperate for OSX driver-improvements :(
I hate booting WinXP for WoW, but it performs so much better in it..
Really sucks, anyone knows of any driver-updates anytime soon, or how to solve this matter?

,Thanks

pcorajr

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Really sucks, anyone knows of any driver-updates anytime soon, or how to solve this matter?

,Thanks

Is this on the new Aug-07 iMacs or White iMacs? I know for a fact that the new iMacs need driver improvement but i was under the impression that the older model had its driver optimize already?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest

,Thanks

From what I've read the game performs under Windows over OS X period. That being said, the Mac Tech Support forums on the World of Warcraft site are very good for getting help with issues such as this. They may be able to tell you which setting to tweak depending on your setup.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Wow at some comments here. I think people have different playing styles, I know people who where way to involve in the game got burn out fast and badly because they don't enjoy the little things of the game or just try to enjoy overall. Instead I see people grinding fast to get to max level. Like that phrase its not the end but how you get there that matters. Anyway WoW is fun, I like this game and the community. Looking forward for this patch just because of the hair and dance all the fun stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.