Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
OK, OK, for the detractors, I know it will be 10.13.

In the great tradition of California areas (Mavericks, Yosemite, Sierra... OK that isn't really the same tradition that the cats had, but we're now almost 4 in...)

So, let the naming begin (The first are a list from http://www.seecalifornia.com/visit/places-in-california-you-cant-pronounce.html)
  • Tuolumne
  • Ahwahnee
  • Lompoc
  • Los Gatos
  • San Joaquin
  • Siskiyou
  • Suisun City
  • Tulelake
  • Port Hueneme
  • Cudahy
  • Ripon
  • Cuyamaca
  • Jacumba
  • Otay Mesa
  • San Ysidro
  • Poway
  • Encinitas
  • Jarupa Valley
  • Rancho Cucamonga (just because it's fun to say...)
  • Sepulveda

6foot5foot

Suspended
Mar 9, 2017
macOS "Grand Canyon", implying the size of the distinction they wish to maintain between it and iOS.

<pedantry>
I know one thing for sure: I can predict with absolute and perfect accuracy that it WILL NOT have a capital "M" in the name "macOS" :p
</pedantry>

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
Here are a few:

• Badwater Basin
  • Ghost Tree
  • Twin Peaks
  • Ocean Beach
  • Devil's Postpile
  • Kings Canyon
  • Sequoia
  • Lompoc
  • Big Sur
  • Furnace Creek
  • Amargosa
  • Black Butte
  • Deadwood
  • Hambone

and my personal preference: Cheeseville

:D:p

I love the big trees, but the name is too hard to spell and pronounce for our friends outside the US. (Worse than Yosemite was.) :rolleyes:

Well for ease of spelling/pronouncing they could always go macOS Redwood. I was deciding between that and sequoia and thought that sequoia sounded better. Going to a tree next really makes sense to me.

The other two I like in this thread are Alcatraz and Carmel. I think those are the best candidates mentioned here.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Well for ease of spelling/pronouncing they could always go macOS Redwood. I was deciding between that and sequoia and thought that sequoia sounded better. Going to a tree next really makes sense to me.

The other two I like in this thread are Alcatraz and Carmel. I think those are the best candidates mentioned here.

Apple should name iOS 11 "Alcatraz"... gives a whole other level of meaning to "jailbreak".

Reactions: mccardj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.