Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
Phat_Pat said:
The new powerbook will come out tomorrow at 12:01 PM (Pacific Time)

There will be a 17 Inch, a 20 inch, and a 23 inch all sporting 2.0GHz G5 Processors.

There will also be, for a limited time, a 15 inch, which will NOT include a G5 but instead a speed bump to the current G4.
lmao :D :D :D

asanchezm

macrumors member
May 12, 2005
My ibook just died on me while writting a 50 page document, from what I read it seems to be a logic board failure, to which a recall happened that I found out just after I could not send it in to get repaired for free.

Hopefully the powerbooks will get updated SOON and will be available inmediately.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
paperinacup said:
The cache is rumored to be 1mb also. I personally am waiting until the 23rd and if the website says 3-4 business days I'll wait longer. If it says 24 hrs I'll buy it.

That doesn't make much sense. If you're planning on waiting, why not just wait the last 12 or 24 hrs. If you order at night vs. next morning it probably will not make a difference when it is shipped.

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
Jay42 said:
That doesn't make much sense. If you're planning on waiting, why not just wait the last 12 or 24 hrs. If you order at night vs. next morning it probably will not make a difference when it is shipped.

Well if I purchase it that night and its replaced in the morning I am 99% sure it will be labeled as 'replaced with a new product' and I'll get a new one anyway. And also I won't be here on the 24th.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
If you're honestly THAT concerned about ordering something now and then seeing it replaced by something (slightly) better at the Paris Expo, I have one word of advice for you:

WAIT.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
The iPod Nano didn't need a keynote for its announcement. It's not an infallible rule that products are only announced to coincide with major events.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.