Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giovanni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
manhattan
mac bidouille reports that MOT is having financial and production problems such that g5 in january are unlikely. In fact they report that IBM and AMD execs have been seen several times visiting Apple in cupertino, even though nobody knows what is being discussed.
Macbidouille goes on saying that clearly Apple is working on replacing a fading, disappointing MOT.

And I say: Apple !?!?!? shouldn't you have thought about this a bit earlier in the game ?

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
How does one know what a IBM or AMD exec looks like?? Also how does one tell them apart???

rickag

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2001
Great

No Power4 derivative from IBM as per a NASA scientist and no G5 from Motorola as per mac bidouille.....
:(

But, wait, they did mention AMD @ mac bidouille.:rolleyes:

Somebody is not exactly telling the truth.:D

rickag

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by iGAV
How does one know what a IBM or AMD exec looks like?? Also how does one tell them apart???

Their alleged source at Apple would supposedly have allegedly known through their supposedly infomed alleged contact in the allegedly claimed department involved in the supposedly allegedly attended meetings.:)

ooooppppps

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
spotting specific execs is pretty hard, I have noticed that Cisco people have the name plasteredon their laptop cases, but other than that, and Novell guys wearing ugly t-shirts I'd be hard pressed to pick a specific exec out of the crowd.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Translated text

Here's the exact (translated) text from the site:

According to an American source, that we will keep anonymous, the future of G5 is compromised.
Financial difficulties and of production of Motorola return its exit for difficult January trés.

People from IBM and AMD were seen on several occasions in the buildings of APPLE with Cupertino.
obviously, nothing filtered meetings which were held.

One would however say well that APPLE is actively seeking a substitute in failing Motorola.

So if this is accurate, (probably not) Moto's out and the next chip will be from IBM, AMD or some kind of new chip developed between the three. :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by rickag

Their alleged source at Apple would supposedly have allegedly known through their supposedly infomed alleged contact in the allegedly claimed department involved in the supposedly allegedly attended meetings.:)

ooooppppps

Oh......... I thought it might be because they were wearing suits...... something tells me Apple is a place where Suits would stick out like sore thumbs..... :p

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Not that I expect anyone here to believe me since I'm not going to provide the kind of proof that people in general are going to expect.... That being said.

Apple along with it's cpu partner('s) have been working on the next big CPU jump for quite some time. A few **YEARS** in fact. Nothing has changed. Where these people get the idea that stuff like a MAJOR CPU update happens in a 3 to 6 month windows are totally off the freaking beam. We are talking YEARS folks. CPUs and new motherboards are not whipped up in a weekend with 6 guys and a few cases of beer.

The next CPU Apple is going to use began it's life sometime in 2000 and yep the baking process is still going on...

I'm gonna shut up now since I don't want to say anything more but all of this FUD and cloak-n-dagger crap is getting pretty silly.

My last bit of adivice... The comment about Apple not going with the Power4 chip should not be taken as if it came down from God himself... And thats all I'm gonna say on that topic.

Remember worrying is nothing but wasted energy... Kick back relax and enjoy the show. :D

D

Gaz

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by DaveGee
We are talking YEARS folks. CPUs and new motherboards are not whipped up in a weekend with 6 guys and a few cases of beer.

Damn it! Looks like I have to return the beer.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Not that I expect anyone here to believe me since I'm not going to provide the kind of proof that people in general are going to expect.... That being said.

Remember worrying is nothing but wasted energy... Kick back relax and enjoy the show. :D

Thanks for the info, DaveGee

Overall, people generally should (and I think do) take each "rumor" with a grain of salt... and no single rumor should generally be taken as gosphel.

That being said, you can rate rumors in your head based on where they come from. This particular rumor didn't make it to the front page of macrumors for a reason.

There are always a few of the vocal minority which scream bloody-murder when a relatively extreme rumor is posted... but suspect that is the minority, and most people have some common sense about it all.

arn

giovanni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
manhattan
edvniow, your translation sux !
Mine was an intelligent translation - yours sound like a machine generated one (IOW, iditiotic !).

Sorry, I had to say.

ciao ciao

giovanni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
manhattan
well put Arn.

And I am still laughing at those people wondering how one could tell an IBM or AMD exec !!!!!

Are you guys still wondering ?

A few of you can be quite funny dudes, just a few.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by iGAV
The way IBM and AMD are talked about on these boards, you can probably tell them apart from the Motorola execs by the glowing rings above their heads. :)

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
There's an easy way to tell which one's from AMD and which one's from IBM...

The IBM guy will be at least 6 ft 5in tall and built like arnie.

The AMD guy will be wearing 3D specs and a T Shirt with "when ?" written on the front and back.

IBM = Big Blue

AMD = 3D Now! (I was clutching at straws for that one)

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by BJNY
AppleP58,
Please shed some light on this subject of CPU's and motherboards. When will Apple WOW its faithful?
Billy

He left because someone was mean to him.

Turns out he was right (mostly), but he still didn't have to leave. He should have stayed and shoved it in the guys face. Not that no one believed him (lots did), he just got scared and ran away when pressed for info, which made him look not so reliable.

I had my doubts about the color of the case he showed, it does look better in person though, now that it's here (Dual CD drives!!!).

He didn't seem to know much about the internals though (or if he did, he wasn't telling).

Olorin

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2002
Middle Earth

Apple along with it's cpu partner('s) have been working on the next big CPU jump for quite some time. A few **YEARS** in fact. Nothing has changed. Where these people get the idea that stuff like a MAJOR CPU update happens in a 3 to 6 month windows are totally off the freaking beam. We are talking YEARS folks. CPUs and new motherboards are not whipped up in a weekend with 6 guys and a few cases of beer.

The next CPU Apple is going to use began it's life sometime in 2000 and yep the baking process is still going on...

I'm gonna shut up now since I don't want to say anything more but all of this FUD and cloak-n-dagger crap is getting pretty silly.

My last bit of adivice... The comment about Apple not going with the Power4 chip should not be taken as if it came down from God himself... And thats all I'm gonna say on that topic.

D

Thank You DaveGee. You are smart not to say to much. A friend of mine got fired for posting info on a certain board. He had very bad luck.
With that said, I would like to back you up. I will post no proof but don't worry so much. Apple has been working on a replacement for quite some time now. You'll all be happy when it comes around. It won't be to much longer. Relax and enjoy the ride.

ddtlm

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2001
What's with all this reasonable talk? I thought we were supposed to believe every damn rumor we read!

Seriously, many people on this board blow this way and that like leaves in the wind.

I still am betting on the Power4-lite, it makes too much sense for Apple to leave on the side of the road. Not only that, but it is a real confirmed chip, unlike the Moto "G5" or "7460" or "7500", and furthermore it is suited to the task at hand, unlike the Moto 85xx series.

I for one do expect more advanced G4's to pop up; Moto's other customers love low energy and low heat as much as Apple, and such chips will be great for iMacs and laptops for years to come.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Originally posted by solvs
He left because someone was mean to him.

I guess you are talking about me?

Turns out he was right (mostly), but he still didn't have to leave. He should have stayed and shoved it in the guys face.

Yeah, afterwards you always know if someone was right or not. But I still don't get why he should have shoved it up my face? If he would have been just a little bit more specific in what he was saying... but instead he was like "I know more, but I won't tell you!"

Not that no one believed him (lots did), he just got scared and ran away when pressed for info, which made him look not so reliable.

That was exactly the problem.

I had my doubts about the color of the case he showed, it does look better in person though, now that it's here (Dual CD drives!!!).

I also had my doubts and I am still sure that the case on the picture is white! Maybe because it was a prototype or whatever! I didn't have a problem to admit that I was wrong about the final color when the first official pictures were available. But when I see a green car on a picture, it is green for me and I only believe that it is blue, wehn I saw it with my own eyes... if you know what I mean...

He didn't seem to know much about the internals though (or if he did, he wasn't telling).

And he wouldn't have anyway! So the outcome would have been the same, no matter if he would have stayed or not...

Just to all the people who seem to have the need to rub that old story in again and again:
I contacted AppleP58 personally and apologized for being rude to him and never really intended to offend him personally. At the same time I asked him to think over his step to leave the forums. Neither I ever got an answer, nor he showed up again...

groovebuster

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.