Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by alex_ant

The way IBM and AMD are talked about on these boards, you can probably tell them apart from the Motorola execs by the glowing rings above their heads. :)

probably true as well... :p :p :p

Nonosse

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2002
The Hague, NL
IBM / Apple

...if i remember correctly, some 5 (10?) years ago, you could compare application forms and pamphlets from Apple and IBM and smile:
- IBM's was, well, "IBM-Like", with people wearing suits, ties, the whole pamphlet sounding professional (and boring),
- Apple's was based on the same structure (not unintentionally, i'd say), with more colours, more life, and people wearing more casual clothes, something of a parody.

Although i'm pretty sure it's wrong, i like to imagine them IBM guys in suits and shades, just like the bad guys in The Matrix... :D

Ok, I know, that works also for FBI style, or MIB, but hey, there's no trademark on dark suits... (and IBM guys won't have the bulk of a gun on the chest or under the armpit, maybe a little PDA...)

Arnaud :)

peterj1967

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2002
Just a little fuel for this discussion.

http://www.spymac.com/more.php?id=206_0_5_0_M

From Spymac (sorry)

We, the ever-speculating Apple faithful have missed a major piece of evidence pointing to the next Power Mac design. In fact, I would have to rank this unforgivable oversight as a "huge blunder."

We blew it.

How many of you recall the red-colored Apple Power Mac motherboard that was briefly listed on eBay three months ago, before being removed at the behest of Apple Legal?

How many of you also recall the Power Mac "prototype" that was briefly posted to a certain French web site, MacBidouille.com, the month prior to the actual release of the new machine? Again, Apple Legal pounced, and the photos and other documents were hurriedly taken down.

Now, how many of you recall that the new Power Mac, when released, was exactly the same machine originally shown in the leaked pictures?

One last question. Do you remember that the motherboard on eBay was the same motherboard layout as the one visible in the spy photo, and was the same motherboard layout that has now been released by Apple?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by groovebuster

I guess you are talking about me?

Yeah, afterwards you always know if someone was right or not. But I still don't get why he should have shoved it up my face? If he would have been just a little bit more specific in what he was saying... but instead he was like "I know more, but I won't tell you!"

I thought that was the fun of these sites. Annoymously flaming each other and getting into huge arguements over nothing, just to kiss and make-up 2 seconds later. ;) (please note sarcasm).

So maybe not shoved it in your face. Maybe just doing a little superiority dance and singing "See. I told you so" and then sticking his toungue out. :p He was being kinda immature anyway. (You're mean, I'm taking my ball and going home.)

Not that either of us was being very nice.

Don't forget, I was the one defending you. Though it was more because I was mad at him for the way he reacted. If you can't stand the heat, and all. I had my doubts, but mostly because he ran away at the slightest question of doubt. Believe me, it could have been much worse, as I'm sure you know.

He did wind up posting later on. Did the whole "See, I was right!!!" thing. I'll admit when I'm wrong (though I'm glad I was right about it not being that color), and I guess we shouldn't have doubted him.

But he didn't exactly give us much to trust him on, did he?

If you out there 58, come on back. Defend yourself for petesake. Gloat a little bit. You deserve it. Fight back.

Don't just run away cuz somebody offended your pride, or whatever. You posted something (unsubstantiated) at a rumors site. I mean, what were you expecting?

That's all I'm saying.

Attachments

• wtc.jpg
    wtc.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 255
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.