Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
So earlier this week, the strangest thing happened. I use Bing as my search engine (no, that's not the strangest thing), and I regularly check their free wallpaper at bing.com and "download today's image" when I like it. All of a sudden, the option to download has gone away. It was never an option in iOS, but I'm running MacOS High Sierra in this case. If I use Firefox, I can still download it. Any one else have this problem all of a sudden?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Screen Shot.png

Reactions: Darmok N Jalad

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Weird. That is what I see in Firefox, and what I used to see in Safari, but now that is gone. This is all I get in the corner. I haven't made any changes to Safari.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 162

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Weird. That is what I see in Firefox, and what I used to see in Safari, but now that is gone. This is all I get in the corner. I haven't made any changes to Safari.
Do you have any ad blockers installed (Safari extensions?) If you do, try turning it/them off and reloading the page.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Do you have any ad blockers installed (Safari extensions?) If you do, try turning it/them off and reloading the page.
I had tried that, but it also didn't seem to work, but I finally figured it out. Since the page was rendering a little differently, I went in to Safari Preferences and then to Privacy --> Manage Website Data... I removed all instances of Bing.com and then reloaded the page. I had to login again with my MSA, but now the page works correctly. I guess it was just some corrupted data in the browsing history for that site?

Very odd, but thanks for confirming it wasn't a browser detection issue (since iOS Safari doesn't offer the wallpaper download option). That helped me troubleshoot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.