Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoonToGetAMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2003
California
Originally posted by Freg3000
I second this proposition. :) Whatever happens, a lot of people will just be flat out wrong-there have so many conflicting reports, someone needs to be wrong.

Well, it could be coming in 3 editions: solid steel, lucite, and solid gold. Also, the buttons would be plastered all over the device, making everyone happy. ;)

SoonToGetAMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2003
California
Originally posted by anonymous161
I posted this on another thread, but I meant to post on this one.
I think I could really grow to like the 4 buttons on the new iPod mock up if they had fiber optic backlights like the new PowerBook keyboard. Especially if the screen dimmed along with the buttons.
That would be so ultra-über-cool that I would need 2 adjectives to describe it.:D But seriously, that would be the best. I would assume it would take barely any battery life, and the illumination could be turned off if the used didn't want it. || On another iPod topic, anyone thnk that it'll have a bigger/more potent battery.

iMook

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2003
Hmmm... backlighting...

how about... pair the backlighting with those touch sensor buttons which don't actually have tactile response (sorta like the G4 Cube power button but with much faster response time, saw a row of them on a Samsung LCD display at Circuit City. with blue backlights)? Though it'll be hard to navigate blind, it'll make for a sweet-looking iPod. Imagine: perfectly flat face (move the screen forward too, or add a protective shield to it.) Tiny backlit touch sensors, a touchwheel with a glowing center (pulsating, even?) Ja, that'd be sweet. (Seriously, how many times have you done anything other than volume control and have not been looking at the iPod?)

Another idea: you know the new displays that RCA is making into its high-end Scenium DVD players? Yeah. The ones which are chrome when unlit, but you cansee what's underneath when the text below is lit. That'd be nice, too, provided it's not too bulky. That way, the whole iPod can be pseudo-chrome (I prefer brushed metal, myself, but still).

EDIT: Though now that I think about it, the touchwheel wouldn't be chrome, which would take away from the elegance of the design...

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by carletonmusic
What if there was an alumiPod to match the Powerbooks?

Or maybe an ePod in tangerine and other bizarre Apple colors.
if it were out of aluminum, i think they would call it the alPod. that would be different. i wonder if apple is going to make aluminum its new look, or even just new pro look, and if the latter if the iPod will be affected.

iMook

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2003
Something ridiculous...

Aluminum is Apple's Pro aesthetic, apparently, and since consumer machines are called i<...>, and Pro machines are called Pro<...>, mebe they'll come out with an aluminum ProPod >> Prod.

Just imagine the ad campaign: The Apple Prod. Think different. :D

Yeah... that was lame.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by iMook
Something ridiculous...

Aluminum is Apple's Pro aesthetic, apparently, and since consumer machines are called i<...>, and Pro machines are called Pro<...>, mebe they'll come out with an aluminum ProPod >> Prod.

Just imagine the ad campaign: The Apple Prod. Think different. :D

Yeah... that was lame.
i can't think of any names of pro stuff i have seen that has pro in its name. it's actually Power<...>.
PowerMAC
PowerBOOK

so, PowerPOD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.