Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zinjpman

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
i delete from display when i can taped check mark.

Are you want perfectible delete ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 381

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
You need to delete the subscription from where you subscribed to it from. For example if you subscribed to the calendar from your Mac you'll only only be able to unsubscribe from it from your Mac. Same goes for the other way around.

I can't delete my subscribed sports calendars from my phone but I can on my Mac because that's where I subscribed to them from. If I do it the other way around I can't delete them from my Mac.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I had same problem when I am trying to clean up by removing Facebook link created by Facebook. :apple:

Never mind I got it fixed!

Last edited:

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
This is annoying, because the subscription I get is not from my country. Who wants holidays for another country?

ajozsef

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Same here.

We have 2 iPhones with iOS 7 at home. Both of our phones are set to Hungarian regional format. We've got Canadian holidays, and Hong Kong holidays on the other phone as a gift from the thoughtful Apple inc., which you can't delete, only "don't show", and it's turned on by default.

I really just can't understand the reasons why they have to dumb things down this much. I mean I get that they should create a "smart-phone" OS, but there is a certain level of customization that is in need to make it serve _you_ right! But it seems that they only think through "what they would need" in the Headquarters. Thanks, you innovating square-heads!

I mean they could have made a "holiday calendars" list under "settings > general > international" which you can !multiple! select from. And because its smart, it doesn't even should dare to try to assume that you want to see holidays from the way you want to display a date or time!

They should have think of real life people! for example: I want to see my iOS language in US English, my keyboard and regional settings in Hungarian since that is the way I was raised on and I need Monday displayed as "Hétfő" to feel my phone my own, and so on! But what if I decide to live abroad!? What i really will need then is that country's holidays to know when should I go to work or not!

I mean I know this is not the common situation, but it isn't a case that should be dismissed by a Calendar! Because this is a good example why I would need a calendar since I don't really need calendar for my own national holidays, i know them by heart.

Ok, I can add additional calendars, so its there... but I have to do it manually, or paste in an ".ics" URL...!! Really?? Yeah, that's smart... OK. Don't give me a list, which i can multiple "tick-in".... Give me Canadian holidays, because my dates are displayed in a format of YY/MM/DD (Hungarian)... Thank you Apple!

Last edited:

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
I deleted my subscribed calendar under settings>mail,contacts,calendar>accounts(top one)

Thank you. This issue was driving me crazy.
Seems kind of unintuitive to no be able to edit subscribed calendars through the actual calendar app. Not being a UI designer I must not understand :rolleyes:

ajozsef

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Problem disappeared

I'm happy for those people whose problem were that they couldn't find how to remove a _subscribed_ calendar, and now they know where can they to it. :)

But this thread is about the issue where you don't have a "delete" button where it should be. This happens to those "unasked for" subscriptions, which are added by the iOS itself. Those are located not under "subscribed" list, but under the "other" list. Those can't be removed by the user. And the bigger problem is, that it has nothing to do with your own settings, so you get some random nation's holiday calendar.

I'm happy, because I just looked around on the 2 phones we have here, and the subscriptions are gone, like they never were there before. So I hope they fixed it, and wasn't just some bug, so it's gone for good. :eek:

And I'm a bit suspicious, since I didn't update iOS. Both phone are on the leatest version... So was this some kind of a calendar push notification that apple pushed out to devices, or they can get into your phones if they want to?? :eek:

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Well, maybe I spoke too soon. Because even though the calendar subscription deleted, it didn't delete the events. This is obnoxious.

robertg805

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
Still not working

Does anyone have an update on this issue? I have subscribed calendars in iCloud (Tripit, Wunderlist) that I cannot delete from iCloud on any device.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.