Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Cool, just wouldn't want you to end up as one of those "I lost all my stuff!" people I'm sure we'll hear from. :cool:

Personally, I'd do an actual disk clone to ensure I had the system fully as-is, but that may depend on storage used and what sort of unused drives you have. TM I'd think should be fine for a secondary system.

I wouldn't either :eek: that's why i back up to time machine regular, one external hard drive for my iMac and another one for my Macbook Pro. Also everything that i do on my Macbook Pro is usually writing, essays for university and stuff like that, its all done on Apples Pages which i also store on iCloud.

I'm guessing that the public beta version will be more stable than the current developers beta. I don't think :apple: would want angry customers because the public beta broke their Mac's :mad: i'm looking forward to OS X Yosemite, from what i saw at WWDC keynote, its got some brilliant features :D

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i hope they fix the cloud synching issue before releasing the public beta considering iOS 8 isnt a public beta but you still want to be able to have access to your files on a non iOS8 device once u updated to yosemite

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.