Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Has anyone tried a mouse other than a Magic Mouse or Magic Mouse 2 with with iPad OS 13.4? Do things like the scroll wheel and other buttons work? Also, has anyone tried a wired USB mouse vs bluetooth? Sadly my original Magic Trackpad is so limited that it isn’t even worth bothering with so I’m thinking about getting a cheap USB-C to -A dongle for my iPad Pro to use a wired mouse for the time being.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Considering how the original Magic Trackpad isn't properly supported, I somehow doubt the Magic Mouse is either, but I haven't tested that. - Mice that work with generic pointer drivers should work though, so scroll wheel and a couple of auxiliary buttons, but nothing that requires anything fancy I would imagine, hence why I don't think the Magic Mouse would work with the touche surface on top. Perhaps for scrolling since that could use a regular scroll signal, but gestures on it probably not.

Rramnel

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2017
Has anyone tried a mouse other than a Magic Mouse or Magic Mouse 2 with with iPad OS 13.4? Do things like the scroll wheel and other buttons work? Also, has anyone tried a wired USB mouse vs bluetooth? Sadly my original Magic Trackpad is so limited that it isn’t even worth bothering with so I’m thinking about getting a cheap USB-C to -A dongle for my iPad Pro to use a wired mouse for the time being.

Yes, I am using it with a Microsoft Modern Mouse. Works with no issues. Scrolling works when I use the scroll wheel. This is a bluetooth mouse. And I have seen videos where it also works with a wired USB mouse.

Reactions: Donfor39

phido

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2013
I have a Logitech M590. The cursor and scrolling works but none of the buttons work.

mjcharlton71

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I’ve a Logitech MX Master... as others have said, it works quite well.

I wouldn’t mind if right click mapped through correctly on Microsoft’s RDS client, VMWare Horizon client and other similar applications, but it’s early days and those are still thoroughly hitched to the (hideously expensive) Swiftpoint ProPoint mouse!

AJ_1878

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2019
I have a cheap £13 Bluetooth mouse from Amazon, works fine, all buttons work and can be customised but the scroll wheel few times a day just decides to stop working, I have to turn it off and on again to get this feature back. Doesn’t happen with my normal Dell USB mouse? Weird.

phido

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2013
Go to Accessibility settings and there should be options in there to map mouse buttons to various OS functions

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ve tried it but no clicks are detected. I’ve read other reports that mention the same problem with this mouse.

Aditya rathee

macrumors regular
May 1, 2019
India
I have a logitech pebble mouse it was working great before 13.4 ( great even now) but i cant get to activate app switcher now when i swipe my mouse from down to up
this worked in 13.3 but not now rest all works fine

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Anyone experiencing issues with the scrolling? I find it just stops after a bit of use. If I dont turn the mouse off and then back on it wont come on at all.

bostero

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2015
Hi I've been using a Logitech Triathlon Bluetooth mouse. It works just fine. However, there is a small issue, while I'm using the mouse, if I focus on a text area the on-screen keyboard never shows up.

It seems like the iPad is assuming that a BT keyboard is paired as well.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

shanklinland

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2019
logitech Pebble on Mini 4. Mine is jerky, not as smooth as previous version and it jumps around sometimes. I'm going to hold off for updates before putting it on my Mini 5.

dxstewart

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
I am using a Logitech - M510 and it works well. Trying to copy with the new cursor is a little wonky at times. I mapped out the extra buttons but wish there was a option for “back” in settings (Mainly for when using Safari).

Reactions: shanklinland

shanklinland

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2019
I am using a Logitech - M510 and it works well. Trying to copy with the new cursor is a little wonky at times. I mapped out the extra buttons but wish there was a option for “back” in settings (Mainly for when using Safari).
Totally agree with the "back". Previous version we could just click left side and drag to the right to go back and vise versa for forward. Now have to use the arrow buttons.

dxstewart

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Totally agree with the "back". Previous version we could just click left side and drag to the right to go back and vise versa for forward. Now have to use the arrow buttons.

The arrows don’t seem to work for me to go back (just get a blue outline on the window) , but I can swipe from the left of the screen with my finger.

AJ_1878

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2019
Does anyone have a third party mouse that doesn’t show this messages when running version 13.4 ?? It is really affecting the keyboard... Need one that doesn’t. TIA
32637dc3e7c228d8b46bc61545a7631c.jpg

a2432c370ed9819b1f86a2bfd146bf04.jpg

bostero

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2015
I have the same error message. And thats the thing I think is preventing the on-screen keyboard from showing up...

Its a big problem since I can't type on the ipad at all if I connect my mouse.

Does anyone have a third party mouse that doesn’t show this messages when running version 13.4 ?? It is really affecting the keyboard... Need one that doesn’t. TIA
32637dc3e7c228d8b46bc61545a7631c.jpg

a2432c370ed9819b1f86a2bfd146bf04.jpg

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I have the same error message. And thats the thing I think is preventing the on-screen keyboard from showing up...

Its a big problem since I can't type on the ipad at all if I connect my mouse.

It shouldn't prevent the onscreen keyboard, no. I get the message too with a first gen Apple Magic Trackpad. The only reason it might prevent the software keyboard from showing is if the mouse tells iOS that it is also a keyboard

AJ_1878

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2019
It stops me using a Bluetooth keyboard as whenever I turned the mouse on the keyboard lag between key presses is crazy and it does its own thing. Makes the keyboard unusable when the mouse is connected!!

Very annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.