Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolerRui

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys, I just bought a Logitech Gpro wireless mouse and I can't connect it to the ipad, is it maybe the g pro only works with its original receiver?

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
Logitech M720. Scroll, cut and paste work just fine. You can sign any of the buttons on the mouse for other functions if you wish. About $50 at Amazon unless on sale

AJ_1878

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2019
Am I right in thinking with a non Apple Bluetooth mouse you need to keep assistive touch settings on for full functionality?

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
My original Magic Mouse works, but doesn’t support scrolling which I think is normal.

I’ve got a Citrix mouse here which works well, but the scrolling is very clunky no matter what settings i change. I’m loathe to buy another Magic Trackpad 2 or Logitech Mouse as I’m waiting for the Magic Keyboard.

tthkbw

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2009
Portland, OR
Hi I've been using a Logitech Triathlon Bluetooth mouse. It works just fine. However, there is a small issue, while I'm using the mouse, if I focus on a text area the on-screen keyboard never shows up.

It seems like the iPad is assuming that a BT keyboard is paired as well.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

You have to enable show onscreen keyboard in Settings/accessibility/assistive touch.

However, I saw some really strange behavior when I left this on while a usb keyboard was attached, so be aware.
[automerge]1585591026[/automerge]
Am I right in thinking with a non Apple Bluetooth mouse you need to keep assistive touch settings on for full functionality?

If you turn on assistive touch, you get access to the remapping of extended buttons on some mice--like my Logitech MX Anywhere 2S, for example. I map the top button behind the scroll wheel to "Home"; the forward arrow button on the left side to the app switcher; the back arrow button on the left side to Spotlight sears. Non of those work without assistive touch turned on.

Also, if you turn on assistive touch, you can "sometimes" push and hold the left mouse button and it will act like the old assistive touch mouse support, allowing you to drag UI things like your can when swiping with your finger. For example, if you want to use the mouse to click and drag to switch between pages on the Home screen, assistive touch must be on. In some applications and some circumstances, this also allows you to scroll pages by clicking and holding. Not in every case, however--it is inconsistently supported. Some of the unsupported cases make sense--like the fact that if you are in a text field, clicking and dragging selects text. In other cases it just seems capricious.

Last edited:

AJ_1878

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2019
You have to enable show onscreen keyboard in Settings/accessibility/assistive touch.

However, I saw some really strange behavior when I left this on while a usb keyboard was attached, so be aware.
[automerge]1585591026[/automerge]

If you turn on assistive touch, you get access to the remapping of extended buttons on some mice--like my Logitech MX Anywhere 2S, for example. I map the top button behind the scroll wheel to "Home"; the forward arrow button on the left side to the app switcher; the back arrow button on the left side to Spotlight sears. Non of those work without assistive touch turned on.

Also, if you turn on assistive touch, you can "sometimes" push and hold the left mouse button and it will act like the old assistive touch mouse support, allowing you to drag UI things like your can when swiping with your finger. For example, if you want to use the mouse to click and drag to switch between pages on the Home screen, assistive touch must be on. In some applications and some circumstances, this also allows you to scroll pages by clicking and holding. Not in every case, however--it is inconsistently supported. Some of the unsupported cases make sense--like the fact that if you are in a text field, clicking and dragging selects text. In other cases it just seems capricious.

Awesome. I’ve set my cheap Amazon £12 mouse up on OS 13.4 and the issues I was having are all gone. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse now don’t interfere with each other IF I set it up via assistive touch. Much better :)

vladimirc

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2018
I use a Logitech MX anywhere mouse. It works pretty great with the exception of scrolling. I can configure the three additional buttons. After a while the scrolling stops working completely and it resumes if I turn off and on again the mouse.
V.

PortoMavericks

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2016
Gotham City
Does anyone have a third party mouse that doesn’t show this messages when running version 13.4 ?? It is really affecting the keyboard... Need one that doesn’t. TIA
32637dc3e7c228d8b46bc61545a7631c.jpg

a2432c370ed9819b1f86a2bfd146bf04.jpg

Only the iPad Pro line with USB-C does not lose performance. It’s probably all about antenna design, when they designed the older models they didn’t anticipate the need for mouse and trackpad connection, so... that’s what we’d call on PCs “Wi-Fi and Blueooth cooperation“, when they share one of the two antennas on the device.

UPDATE: yep, that’s exatly what it is.

11” 2018 Pro:

F3E23698-DF26-4C46-AEA3-2D7308D1F217.jpeg

iPad Pro 10.5”:
C48F741B-22E2-41A9-BB77-3E5D6E753040.jpeg

Last edited:

vipersonic

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Only the iPad Pro line with USB-C does not lose performance. It’s probably all about antenna design, when they designed the older models they didn’t anticipate the need for mouse and trackpad connection, so... that’s what we’d call on PCs “Wi-Fi and Blueooth cooperation“, when they share one of the two antennas on the device.

UPDATE: yep, that’s exatly what it is.

11” 2018 Pro:

View attachment 903065

iPad Pro 10.5”:
View attachment 903072

I have the iPad Pro 12.9” running iPadOS 13.4 and it still shows that error...

Reactions: Raist3001

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Can anyone confirm whether or not side scrolling works on the iPad with the MX Master (1,2 or 3) mouse? I really want to get a mouse with side scrolling for video editing, and if at all possible I don’t want it to be a Magic Mouse. I heard before the 13.4 update it didn’t, but I haven’t seen any confirmation after the update

Last edited:

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Also, if you can scroll sideways on the iPad with the MX anywhere mouse, that would be nice to know as well.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
I find it slower using the mouse over all, the touch screen is much faster so don’t understand why someone would want it to be like a laptop

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Can anyone confirm whether or not side scrolling works on the iPad with the MX Master (1,2 or 3) mouse? I really want to get a mouse with side scrolling for video editing, and if at all possible I don’t want it to be a Magic Mouse. I heard before the 13.4 update it didn’t, but I haven’t seen any confirmation after the update
I just bought an Mx Master 2s. I can confirm that side scrolling does work.
I also want to mention, though, scrolling in general feels really laggy and jank. Everything else seems to work okay though (the other buttons and the actual tracking.)

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Considering how the original Magic Trackpad isn't properly supported, I somehow doubt the Magic Mouse is either, but I haven't tested that. - Mice that work with generic pointer drivers should work though, so scroll wheel and a couple of auxiliary buttons, but nothing that requires anything fancy I would imagine, hence why I don't think the Magic Mouse would work with the touche surface on top. Perhaps for scrolling since that could use a regular scroll signal, but gestures on it probably not.

In other words you don't know.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I just bought an Mx Master 2s. I can confirm that side scrolling does work.
I also want to mention, though, scrolling in general feels really laggy and jank. Everything else seems to work okay though (the other buttons and the actual tracking.)

Did you do anything to enable side scrolling with the 2S? Doesn't work with mine, e.g. with app switcher window it won't scroll left/right. Accessibility is enabled.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
I use a Logitech MX anywhere mouse. It works pretty great with the exception of scrolling. I can configure the three additional buttons. After a while the scrolling stops working completely and it resumes if I turn off and on again the mouse.
V.

I have the same issues with scrolling with my logitech MX anywhere mouse, and Logitech M720. Have to turn them off and then turn it back on in order for it to scrolling again from time to time. Not all the time, but irritating nonetheless. Hope there is a fix or a workaround.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.