Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you prefer?

• Notch

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Dynamic Island

Votes: 124 69.3%

• Total voters

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
I think one can get used to anything after a while.
I adapted to the notch in iPhone X after having doubts.

In the same situation now as I contemplate getting IP15 Pro.
The DI in the 14 was flush with the top of the screen but 15 has it floating
with bits of screen visible above it and it's irritating me.

I will probably get over it but grrrrr!

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
The DI in the 14 was flush with the top of the screen but 15 has it floating
with bits of screen visible above
14 have the notch, 14 pro have the DI with the floating bits above it. This is the DI. Now the 15 have also been blessed with the DI. If it’s any consolation I was very hesitant at first but very quickly got use to it and now I like it.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
14 have the notch, 14 pro have the DI with the floating bits above it. This is the DI. Now the 15 have also been blessed with the DI. If it’s any consolation I was very hesitant at first but very quickly got use to it and now I like it.

I agree with this and can’t believe it’s still a discussion. I don’t even give the DI a second thought these days. It just disappears in normal usage (figuratively).

Reactions: Carlsberg69

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
I have been holding onto my 13PM for dear life because of how I dislike the Dynamic Island. It’s incredibly intrusive while consuming videos or playing games.

Apple should have focused on shrinking the notch by 25-30% and I would have been incredibly happy.

• Haha
Reactions: kitKAC

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
not a big fan of the island. I watch a lot of content usually zoomed and the island irks me wayyy more than the notch. I’ll get used to it though isn’t a deal breaker. Still love my 15PM.

Reactions: Amishpriest

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
The notch never bothered me and the island doesn't impress me, so I think it's much ado about nothing.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
The dynamic island is really great, at first I thought it was gimmicky but if you’ve ever used it while waiting for a flight or an Uber the notifications are great
That probably is the one implementation I love the most. Also underrated is being able to pull up the music app and change tracks without actually going into the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.