Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimham

Suspended
Jul 2, 2018
I personally think the size adjustment might be the biggest struggle.
Alas, at least you have a 14 window to 'try' the device.

PS: I hope we win tomorrow!

That but you are only allowed to switch devices twice then you are stuck with that last one with most providers.

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Yes, and believe me I am suffering this, right now.
Well, after using my S9+ for this week, maybe, just maybe, I will stick with it.

ATT will not let me switch again (even with the restocking fee they charge), so I am stuck with the S9+. If I want the Note 9 again, it will cost me $1000, a mortgage payment. Alternatively, I can trade my S9+ with ATT, and pay $720, then get the Note 9. All this conversation I am having (with everyone and myself), over a bloody smartphone!

Honestly, sometimes, I do wish I was not such a gadget guy. Talk about expensive...

That but you are only allowed to switch devices twice then you are stuck with that last one with most providers.

Reactions: jr866gooner

Grimham

Suspended
Jul 2, 2018
Yes, and believe me I am suffering this, right now.
Well, after using my S9+ for this week, maybe, just maybe, I will stick with it.

ATT will not let me switch again (even with the restocking fee they charge), so I am stuck with the S9+. If I want the Note 9 again, it will cost me $1000, a mortgage payment. Alternatively, I can trade my S9+ with ATT, and pay $720, then get the Note 9. All this conversation I am having (with everyone and myself), over a bloody smartphone!

Honestly, sometimes, I do wish I was not such a gadget guy. Talk about expensive...

I own the s9+ and note 9. My work phone is the s9+. Honestly, if all I had was the s9+, I would be just happy with it. It does fit in the hand great and feels good to use. Just as snappy as my Note 9 is. The size difference is pretty big honestly between them.

I'd wait and watch Swappa.com. You may be able to pick up a Note 9 for around $600-800 in the next few months.

Reactions: nviz22 and circatee

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Good to see so many others in the same boat as me! I’m looking at moving from Apple (the only Apple device I use is an iX). Don’t know why I haven’t been able to do it so far, but seeing that others can get used to it makes me feel a bit better. I’m looking at the S9+ now that prices have come down a bit. I just don’t like the idea of continually paying $1k every year for a phone. I just don’t think that what Apple provides anymore is worth the extra coin over comparable Android devices.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Good to see so many others in the same boat as me! I’m looking at moving from Apple (the only Apple device I use is an iX). Don’t know why I haven’t been able to do it so far, but seeing that others can get used to it makes me feel a bit better. I’m looking at the S9+ now that prices have come down a bit. I just don’t like the idea of continually paying $1k every year for a phone. I just don’t think that what Apple provides anymore is worth the extra coin over comparable Android devices.

Exactly the same here with my iPhone 7 red. I know I want to go bigger and move back to android. It’s just leaving the comfort of iOS lol

Reactions: Shanghaichica
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.