Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Somehow, some way, I did not know that.

Better than nothing I suppose.
That's one of the new things in iOS 10 to make the Today screen and widgets more discoverable/accessible in a sense as they are now to the left of the home screen (locked or unlocked).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My issue with this is when I'm driving. I have Waze running and mounted on my windshield. Before iOS 10, I could just swipe down, hit the star rating and swipe back up. Now it's an extra swipe to move from my empty notifications screen.

Reactions: jagooch

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My issue with this is when I'm driving. I have Waze running and mounted on my windshield. Before iOS 10, I could just swipe down, hit the star rating and swipe back up. Now it's an extra swipe to move from my empty notifications screen.
Part of me thinks that Apple did this to bring Notification Center focus to notifications first since they now added other places to access Today/widgets. Another part of me thinks it could very well just be a bug that hopefully Apple will fix sooner than later.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
ioS 12 and still not fixed :( .

I forgot about swiping right while on the home screen.That will be helpful when my phone is unlocked.

While locked...not so
much .

One of the reasons I've sticked with iOS10.3.2 besides URL schemes for settings launchers via the Launcher widget.
Although I have seen people saying that they were able to create icons with actions via the Apple Shortcuts app. I still have to try it out for myself on my iPad Air 2 which does run iOS12 to test it out and to see how it works in a widget. The fact then remains that you still have to swipe down and right to see the widgets since it shows there always the notifications first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.