Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Sticking with my 13 mini with Apple leather case (also no longer available). Just know I'd miss being able to drop it into a pocket and hardly notice it's there, along with that one-hand usage convenience.

I was seriously tempted to move up to a 15 Pro or Max, but having run all the IOS 17 betas on the mini it's still a great platform and even Apple's latest hardware bells and whistles on the 15 pro and max aren't enough to justify coughing up over a grand to lug a more cumbersome chunk of slightly better-featured phone around, so reckon I'm gonna stick with what I have and decide what to do when the battery finally cr*ps the bed.
I have ordered a 15 Peo but wish that it was offered in the mini form factor. I don’t care about a larger screen because I have an m1 iPad.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Well at least the premium cases for the 13 Mini should come down in price now (Mous, Pitaka etc)!

wohstihsyrot

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2022
I have ordered a 15 Peo but wish that it was offered in the mini form factor. I don’t care about a larger screen because I have an m1 iPad.
Don't get me wrong, I think the 15 Pro is an incredible bit of kit, but you are right about it being a shame it isn't available in mini. Feel the same way about a larger screen, my M1 14" MacBook Pro takes care of that.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Don't get me wrong, I think the 15 Pro is an incredible bit of kit, but you are right about it being a shame it isn't available in mini. Feel the same way about a larger screen, my M1 14" MacBook Pro takes care of that.
Well one good thing about the 15 Pro is that it has slightly shrunk in size and weight, compared to the 14 Pro and Regular 14 and 15 6.1 iPhones. The 15 Pro is now effectively the smallest iPhone in the main line up (excluding the SE3 of course). Gonna try it in store and see how it feels in hand and weight compared to my 13 Mini.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
Thankfully I just purchased my 13 Mini a few weeks ago, so I should be good for awhile. I definitely plan on holding onto it for as long as I can, seeing as how all other models feel massive to me now. I considered buying an extra Mini just to keep "on ice" essentially, but figured that would be largely a waste of money, since my phone is already brand new. I did put AppleCare on it though, so hopefully Apple will still have adequate replacements on hand if needed.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Well one good thing about the 15 Pro is that it has slightly shrunk in size and weight, compared to the 14 Pro and Regular 14 and 15 6.1 iPhones. The 15 Pro is now effectively the smallest iPhone in the main line up (excluding the SE3 of course). Gonna try it in store and see how it feels in hand and weight compared to my 13 Mini.
That's crazy. You are right.

Just checked and the 15Pro has a larger battery, a third camera and lots of new features but it only 46 grams heavier than the 13 Mini.

Because of the different weight distribution thanks to Titanium, it might not feel that much heavier.

Reactions: snipr125

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
so all supplies of this are dwindling fast, apple has all kinds of refurb iPhone 12 and even 13 pro but no minis, so, I'm not sure if they will, but I'll keep checking....

however, I want a new battery, so, decided to get a brand new 512 g on eBay before they are out (7 blue were available), even though it's way more than I wanted to spend, but, if apple posts any refurbs I have 30 days to return, so I may not open it right away. ...my 128g iPhone is nearly full so this way I will have room for more pics since I will probably take more with the better cams.

AlanMarron

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2023
I just snagged a new 13 mini, 128, blue from iShop in Antea Mall, Querétaro. $938. A-okay since iPhones cost more in México and the USD/MEX exchange rate is dismal. And I remind myself that at roll-out it was $799+tax …

Last edited:

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
Now that the 13 mini is gone from the Apple Store in the USA, I won't be buying another iPhone until my 13 mini is unrepairable. The 15, 16, 17 are already dead to me.

What do other mini owners say?
I’m with you! I love the 13 Mini😊. For a guy that keeps his phone in his pocket…..the 13 Mini is just about perfect. Size matters😊. They’re gonna have to pry the 13 Mini from my cold…dead…hands!

Now, on the downside….since I don’t have a ”MAX” sized phone….I no longer get the “Is that an iPhone-Max in your pocket…or are you just happy to see me“ comments.

Instead, the conversation goes more like this: “In case you were wondering….that’s an iPhone 13 mini in my pocket…..AND….I’m happy to see you…in case you can’t tell” 😂

Last edited:

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg

Mini 13 owner here. I have received my 15 Pro.

The difference in size is instantly noticeable. The Mini can be picked up with fingers meanwhile, the 15P needs to be palmed the car you would pick up a hamster or rabbit. 2 hours into ownership my thumb already feels like it needs to stretch further to tap the screen.

I will have to think about how I use the phone to avoid the same thumb strain that I felt when owning a 11 Pro Max.

Rant over. I will still keep the 15 Pro as the USB-C features would make a huge difference in my life. However I need to commend the 13 Mini for it’s awesome size and feature packed body. A truly one of a kind phone. It’s a shame that it doesn’t have a successor and that it’s battery life is poor. When using wireless CarPlay it loses 0.50-0.75% battery per minute. On day trips with kids and me taking photos and videos a power bank is a must have unless I’ve left the house with 100% charge. Even then, it will need recharged sometimes mid afternoon or else it will be out of juice.

If you have a 13 Mini and don’t desperately need feature of the new iPhones, then keep it. If battery life is poor, buy a MagSafe case and magsafe battery for demanding situations. Hopefully the form factor will make a return in 2-3 years with USBC and better battery.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
I’ve thought about buying a mini, just to collect and own this little unique vintage product. Always wanted a mini red or white (starlight). Maybe I could use it for jailbreak stuff or something else. however, now that lightening port is dead. I’m not sure if I’ll ever buy one.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
Agreed. If including a “Mini“ in the lineup was the most profitable mix of phones Apple could deliver, the ”Mini” would still be around. Apple had to look at the data and determine it didn’t make sense to keep it.

Now, what that reason is? Only Apple knows for sure! We can speculate though. Was it that the “Mini” was just not selling at sufficient volume to make it profitable to keep around? Was it that the “Mini” was just too good of a value proposition and it was cannibalizing sales from higher priced iPhones?

All I know is the ”Mini” is the ultimate iPhone for guy’s who like to keep their phones in their pocket. Pocketability! I’m keeping my 13 Mini at least for a few more cycles.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Absolutely loved my 13 Mini but the AOD was a must-have for me after using Android phones with it in the past, it's just too useful. I caved and got the 14P last year. I still think it's a bit too large. I think the Mini would have sold better had they done it on the Pro side, there are a lot of people that likely passed on it because it was the "lower" phone and not a Pro. A Pro Mini would have been killer, but unfortunately I doubt it will ever happen.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
It is time to move on to find an alternative or just use what is available has been used, not dwelling what already happened :)

I’ve thought about buying a mini, just to collect and own this little unique vintage product. Always wanted a mini red or white (starlight). Maybe I could use it for jailbreak stuff or something else. however, now that lightening port is dead. I’m not sure if I’ll ever buy one.
Nope, and not vintage, apple only stopped selling last week. Ive had my current iPhone for 3yrs 5mos. The processor in the 13 mini is plenty enough for me to use for the next 3-4 years or if apple makes a new small iPhone.

Ok, so, the 512GB 13 mini new blue I ordered from eBay for $727 came today, I’m going to open it, since every time I check, (more than several times a day), apple has not posted any iphone 13 mini refurbs for sale, so get ready, as soon as I open it apple will post some, or if not today probably mon or Tuesday next week.

my current phone is 3yrs 5 mos old and down to 85% battery (says “service”? I would think that would be at 70%, but what do I know?), so I want battery life to be the best, not into battery packs, so I decided I had to have a 13 mini with a new battery and those options are very limited, in fact stock is more limited today than last week. (Apple is the only one I can find that puts new batteries in the refurbished models.) The seller I bought from only has pink and red left, almost out. The prices on new ones with lower capacity are too high… best I could find was around $618 or so for 128GB (and that’s from Hong Kong), so, but if you want to go to $800 and up ebayers have jacked up the prices on new 13 minis.

Prince Akeem

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I started a petition which hopefully will be spread widely and get enough votes to let Apple reconsider their decision.

Thanks for signing and sharing, let’s hope it spreads widely!

Although I love the Mini and like your initiative for creating a petition. Why did you choose to add the (always returning) "Steve Jobs would have never..." mumbo jumbo. Just keep it to the facts. A very large group of customers want a Mini. Also, using a false name (Steve Jobs) for the petition doesn't really make it appear serious or legit.

Besides, there are many petitions for a new iPhone Mini already, I think it's better to join those rather than have a lot of small ones.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Apple really should collapse the Mini and non-Max Pro into one model by splitting the size differences in half.
Or the mini with the non-Max regular iPhone. They could also mark it down $100. That would sell in droves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.