Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
that's my way too.

but then wouldn't be your simple and elegant solution with 'no_compat_check' not the much better solution than opencore - also for big sur?

if the only downside in catalina/big sur is to loose parts of the apps of the mac-app-store i could live with that ...
Just -no_compat_check don't permit software updates. With OpenCore native updates are supported transparently, as with real supported Macs.

Last edited:
Reactions: TomMuc

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
Moving 25 MP5,1 to Big Sur is not what I call a sane choice.

A sane choice at this moment is to move all your managed Mac Pros to 10.15.6 and stick to it at least until WWDC'21, then you move to macOS 10.16 - Intel Macs still stick with 10.xx release numbers - not 10.17.

One thing is to run the bleeding edge with one Mac, it's completely different when you have to support other users.

Yes, that's essentially my hope - to not be bleeding edge by waiting until next summer. Assuming Big Sur's release happens more or less on Apple's typical schedule, then by the end of next summer Big Sur will be mostly through the major update cycle, like Catalina is now. It may well not pan out that way, but it would be nice if I end up being able to skip right to Big Sur from Mojave next summer rather than bother with the whole Catalina thing at all. I have the suspicion I may end up needing to do Catalina sooner rather than later though.

TomMuc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2019
Munich, Bavaria
Just -no_compat_check don't permit software updates. With OpenCore native updates are supported transparently, as with real supported Macs.
yes. but if you are 1 year behind apple all update releases and most security updates are already made when you first install (10.16.6?). as we run the same system clone with the same settings and applications installed on our mbp16.1 we then could simply clone back to mp5.1 as soon as an important security update for the then legacy os is released.

do you see other major downsides besides the app-store and update glitches in big sur? will icloud etc work?

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
yes. but if you are 1 year behind apple all update releases and most security updates are already made when you first install (10.16.6?). as we run the same system clone with the same settings and applications installed on our mbp16.1 we then could simply clone back to mp5.1 as soon as an important security update for the then legacy os is released.

do you see other major downsides besides the app-store and update glitches in big sur? will icloud etc work?
Native software updates are more important than you think, SecurityUpdates are frequent.

Cloning from a different Mac model to overcome not having native software updates mess with a lot of settings. While a very minor thing to most people, I really hate all the wrong icons with Finder or the wrong Mac model on several SystemPreferences panels, for two little examples.

Big Sur changed a lot not just on the UI, but internally and a lot of things just don't work yet, like DRM. It's a moving target like no other macOS release before and will take a lot of time to stabilise. No one should think about Big Sur and MP5,1 now.

Btw, Apple removed MP5,1 SMBIOS support from Big Sur. OpenCore will probably be a requirement for MP5,1 suspend/resume/power management to work.

Reactions: Synchro3 and TomMuc

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States

I would say that as a general rule you don't want to clone from one model to another model. There have been times when this seemed to work pretty darn well, but that's the exception not the rule, and as others have pointed out even if things boot properly and and system is stable, there may be minor inconsistencies.

Reactions: TomMuc

TomMuc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2019
Munich, Bavaria
Native software updates are more important than you think, SecurityUpdates are frequent.
yep. maybe i underestimate this a little

Cloning from a different Mac model to overcome not having native software updates mess with a lot of settings. While a very minor thing to most people, I really hate all the wrong icons with Finder or the wrong Mac model on several SystemPreferences panels, for two little examples.
hmmm - at least with the el capitan clones from an mp4.1/5.1 to an mbp5.3 i can't see those issues?

Big Sur changed a lot not just on the UI, but internally and a lot of things just don't work yet, like DRM. It's a moving target like no other macOS release before and will take a lot of time to stabilise. No one should think about Big Sur and MP5,1 now.

Btw, Apple removed MP5,1 SMBIOS support from Big Sur. OpenCore will probably be a requirement for MP5,1 suspend/resume/power management to work.
that sounds a bit sad - so mojave seems to be the last mac os that should be run on a production system for graphics/cad professionals who do not want to care about their computers and just want to do their daily work on a reliable system. fortunately windows 7 and windows 10 seems to run perfectly smooth on those 4.1/5.1 12core 3,06mhz 96gb

edit: maybe we do not have problems with clones because we use super simple setups in our mp4.1/5.1?
-> just one apple supported grafic card (amd wx 7100)
-> just one apple supported usb3 card (sonnet allegro pro usb)
-> 4-6 standard sata ssd drives (samsung 860 pro)
no cd/dvd/bluray / no conventional hdd / no nvme / no raid / nothing fancy

Attachments

• WorkTR_01.jpg
    WorkTR_01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
Last edited:

TomMuc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2019
Munich, Bavaria
I would say that as a general rule you don't want to clone from one model to another model. There have been times when this seemed to work pretty darn well, but that's the exception not the rule, and as others have pointed out even if things boot properly and and system is stable, there may be minor inconsistencies.
hmmm - the el capitan clones from our mp4.1/5.1 to our mbp5.3 i can't see those problems. the sierra/highsierra/mojave/catalina clones between our mac minis6.2 and different mbps like 14.3 also we never had problems. and lately the catalina clone from an mbp16.1 to an mp4.1/5.1 along tsialex catalina howto-thread was no problem too ...

Last edited:

Breese

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys, 1000000000000000x thank you for all of your guidance and advice, wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your generous sharing....but just wanted to type out a post to collect all the steps I had to do, in one place, since I was clicking, scrolling, searching to piece everything together.

Just wanted to let you know what I have been able to build, might want to update as well.

I have 10.15.6 running on my
Mac Pro 5,1 12 core 3.66 W
with 64 GB Ram 1333mhz
RX 5700 xt GPU
Booting from NVMe SSD via PCIE slot

First, you have to be willing to get your hands dirty.

In order to get a GPU like the 5700 running, you have to do a PIXLAS mod...this involves taking the Power core out of the machine, purchasing a cable to then splice the wires coming out of the power core...this is so you will bypass the thin wiring on the motherboard to the Mini 6 pin power ports....you go straight from the power core to the GPU which is 6 Pin and a 8 pin....if you just YouTube PIXLAS you will see a great video on how to do it and where to order tools and wire needed.

But to get that 5700 card to work on the machine, you have to be running 10.15.... You need to turn off SIP on you 5,1running Mojave, while in recovery mode, open terminal:

csrutil disable

restart computer to take effect.

Then you need to open terminal and enter this command, can be in normal boot up mode, not recovery mode.

sudo nvram boot-args="-no_compat_check"

Now, you have to get your hands on a compatible computer that is running Catalina 10.15 already....get an SSD or HDD and hook it up to the computer via external drive. boot into recovery mode, formate drive to apfs and then install Catalina 10.15 on that external drive....then take that drive and stick into the Mac Pro 5,1. Your Mac will now be running Catalina 10.15. (I was running Catalina even with my old RX580), you can now use time machine to rebuild your system in 10.15.

You can now take out your GPU and slap in the rx 5700 xt, plug in the cables coming from the PIXLAS mod and you will be good to go!

I also used Carbon Clone Copy to clone my SSD on to the MNVe drive and that is how I am booting from NVMe drive (note: you have to have BootROM 140.0.0.0.0 version, without this version your 5,1 will not recognize NVMe drives.

Now the great simple task of getting Boot screen and native OS updates through Mac app store (since officially 5,1 is not supported passed 10.14) you need to download OPENCORE. here is a video that shows you the simple process to do that, with download package in comments.

Note: when I mounted my EFI, it did not have an EFI folder in it, so I just dragged the whole EFI folder from the download.

Aslo, you can re-enable SIP as well, VIA terminal while in RECOVERY mode.

csrutil disable
or
csrutil enable

I hope this helps out novice tech guys like myself, please let me know if I laid out anything incorrectly, to my knowledge, this is what I did in total to get my rig up and running.

also if you are interested in this mod but think its to complicated, its not....some my just stay with the RX 580 bc its plug and play but check out these bench scores when compared to the RX 5700 XT in a 5,1 Mac Pro set up.

https://barefeats.com/cmp-5700-xt-vs-other-gpus.html

Reactions: wallah

RickyHunter

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2017
Spain
Hi there. I don't know if it's the correct thread.
I updated my cmp 4.1->5.1. I have Catalina installed, using opencore 6.0. I installed the os BEFORE upgrading RAM and CPUs. After that I started having ethernet stuttering, meaning it's flashing connected/disconnected more or less every second.
Do you know how can I fix this? I think it's the CPUs upgrade because I installed RAM some days before and had no issues. Everything is the same: ethernet port, switch, cable.
Thanks in advance.

imrazor

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2010
Dol Amroth
Before I try the process of migrating to Catalina, I had several questions that I'm having trouble finding answers for. For the sake of clarity, I'll list them below...

1) If I use the -no_compat_check boot argument, I lose the ability to update, right? What if I remove the drive, plug it into an USB/TB enclosure, and then plug in into a Mac notebook? Presumably I could use the Option key to boot off the drive, perform the necessary update(s), then migrate the drive back to the Mac Pro. Or am I missing something?

2) I'm also using the following boot args to enable AMD hardware acceleration for encoding:

boot-args shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Will this continue to work with Catalina as it does in Mojave - with or without OpenCore?

3) The OpenCore method causes me a good bit of trepidation. I used to play with Hackintoshes, and this sounds a lot like Hackintoshing an otherwise "real" Mac. How stable is such a system? Do updates install as they're supposed to?

4) I've also heard of issues surrounding Boot Camp functionality with a modded OS. Will I continue to be able to use Windows?

5) Can anyone layout the pros and cons of the boot-arg method vs dosdude1 vs. OpenCore?

6) And finally, is the Radeon HD 7950 a Metal 2.3 supported card?

If only some of these questions get answered, I'd be grateful.

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Before I try the process of migrating to Catalina, I had several questions that I'm having trouble finding answers for. For the sake of clarity, I'll list them below...

1) If I use the -no_compat_check boot argument, I lose the ability to update, right? What if I remove the drive, plug it into an USB/TB enclosure, and then plug in into a Mac notebook? Presumably I could use the Option key to boot off the drive, perform the necessary update(s), then migrate the drive back to the Mac Pro. Or am I missing something?

2) I'm also using the following boot args to enable AMD hardware acceleration for encoding:

boot-args shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Will this continue to work with Catalina as it does in Mojave - with or without OpenCore?

3) The OpenCore method causes me a good bit of trepidation. I used to play with Hackintoshes, and this sounds a lot like Hackintoshing an otherwise "real" Mac. How stable is such a system? Do updates install as they're supposed to?

4) I've also heard of issues surrounding Boot Camp functionality with a modded OS. Will I continue to be able to use Windows?

5) Can anyone layout the pros and cons of the boot-arg method vs dosdude1 vs. OpenCore?

6) And finally, is the Radeon HD 7950 a Metal 2.3 supported card?

If only some of these questions get answered, I'd be grateful.
This thread is obsolete since the day OpenCore worked fine with MP5,1. While I'm not answering all your questions directly here, I'm gonna advice that you to move to the OpenCore thread and study the first post and try it. It's the only way to have vanilla macOS installs on the Mac Pro itself, video encoding and decoding acceleration (albeit not supported with HD 7950 at all), pre-boot configuration support with modern GPUs, software updates working natively and complete stability.

AMD HD 7950 don't have hardware encoding/decoding support at all on Macs, while the GPU itself supports some basic H.264 hardware assisted encoding (VCE 1.0) and very good HD H.264 hardware assisted decoding (UVD 3.2), the Apple API that provides hardware assisted encoding/decoding on Macs (VideoToolbox) works only with Polaris and newer GPUs (RX 460/480 and newer). If Apple could enable encoding/decoding with GCN1.0 cards, MP6,1 had hardware decoding/encoding support too since D500 it's essentially the same GPU as HD 7950 - late 2013 Mac Pro only has CPU encoding/decoding.

Sorry for being blunt here, but only people that don't know about OpenCore (or are extremely lazy to know how to use it) still use hacked installs with a Mac Pro today. Why people still do hacked installs if you can go completely native/vanilla with OpenCore is beyond my comprehension.

Reactions: TheStork and JedNZ

ewilson620

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2020
Hello Guys, Do not know if this been said or not. I wanted to let you all know that I am using Catalina 10.15.7 on MacPro 3,1 with no problems.

MacPro 3,1 MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
FirePro W7000 Full Graphic Acceleration, I'm using Two Monitors at the moment. I do not have Active Display adaptor to try all Four ports.
32GB Ram
2x2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
500GB PNY SSD for Boot
2TB for Storage
Everything working, Sound,USB,WIFI, Bluetooth Imessage--except you can not send files from external only on desktop,
Final Cut Pro Works All Adobe Light room Photoshop Working DaVinci Resolve Working.
Sleep and Wake works.
When I was on High Sierra I lost Sleep mode.

What I did to install I used Dosdude1 Catalina Patcher, Followed the boot USB Installer. Put in Old ATI Card to get the boot screen Choose the USB to boot once I got it installed I removed the Old ATI Card because Catalina would not start with it. Once I removed it MacPro 3,1 fired right up on the PNY 500GB SSD. I use Migration Assistant to copy all my files from High Sierra. MacPro 3,1 runs like a new machine. Thanks To Dosdude1 patcher with MP3,1 Support.

I have not tried Open Core.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to try there MacPro 3,1 on Catalina.

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Hello Guys, Do not know if this been said or not. I wanted to let you all know that I am using Catalina 10.15.7 on MacPro 3,1 with no problems.

MacPro 3,1 MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
FirePro W7000 Full Graphic Acceleration, I'm using Two Monitors at the moment. I do not have Active Display adaptor to try all Four ports.
32GB Ram
2x2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
500GB PNY SSD for Boot
2TB for Storage
Everything working, Sound,USB,WIFI, Bluetooth Imessage--except you can not send files from external only on desktop,
Final Cut Pro Works All Adobe Light room Photoshop Working DaVinci Resolve Working.
Sleep and Wake works.
When I was on High Sierra I lost Sleep mode.

What I did to install I used Dosdude1 Catalina Patcher, Followed the boot USB Installer. Put in Old ATI Card to get the boot screen Choose the USB to boot once I got it installed I removed the Old ATI Card because Catalina would not start with it. Once I removed it MacPro 3,1 fired right up on the PNY 500GB SSD. I use Migration Assistant to copy all my files from High Sierra. MacPro 3,1 runs like a new machine. Thanks To Dosdude1 patcher with MP3,1 Support.

I have not tried Open Core.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to try there MacPro 3,1 on Catalina.
MP3,1 CPU don't have a lot of OpenCore requirements and only works when spoofing, no Apple HyperVisor support at all.

Thx for your report. Anyway, this was a MP5,1 focused thread.

imrazor

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2010
Dol Amroth
This thread is obsolete since the day OpenCore worked fine with MP5,1. While I'm not answering all your questions directly here, I'm gonna advice that you to move to the OpenCore thread and study the first post and try it. It's the only way to have vanilla macOS installs on the Mac Pro itself, video encoding and decoding acceleration (albeit not supported with HD 7950 at all), pre-boot configuration support with modern GPUs, software updates working natively and complete stability.

AMD HD 7950 don't have hardware encoding/decoding support at all on Macs, while the GPU itself supports some basic H.264 hardware assisted encoding (VCE 1.0) and very good HD H.264 hardware assisted decoding (UVD 3.2), the Apple API that provides hardware assisted encoding/decoding on Macs (VideoToolbox) works only with Polaris and newer GPUs (RX 460/480 and newer). If Apple could enable encoding/decoding with GCN1.0 cards, MP6,1 had hardware decoding/encoding support too since D500 it's essentially the same GPU as HD 7950 - late 2013 Mac Pro only has CPU encoding/decoding.

Sorry for being blunt here, but only people that don't know about OpenCore (or are extremely lazy to know how to use it) still use hacked installs with a Mac Pro today. Why people still do hacked installs if you can go completely native/vanilla with OpenCore is beyond my comprehension.

OK that's a lot to digest, but I did post a lot of questions. For the record I did succeed at installing Catalina using the boot-args method. I created a Catalina boot disk by using a hard drive enclosure and a supported Mac, a 2017 MBA. This boots with my flashed HD 7950 perfectly once I added the appropriate boot argument. (Note: I do occasionally drop in a non-flashed Vega 56 for video editing.) OS updates will NOT install, either with System Preferences or downloaded Combo Updaters. As I learned in my Hackintoshing days, however, the utility called Pacifist has no problem installing Apple updaters. For the time being, this is my preferred method and the most 'vanilla' install possible, despite not being able to use software update.

OpenCore to me seems like Clover, and Chameleon before it, tools used by the Hackintosh community to trick OS X into loading on unsupported hardware. To me this seems more like a 'hack' or 'non-vanilla' method than what I'm currently using, so I'm hesitant to try it. I'm also wary of risking my current Windows install. I believe it is UEFI, but I can't recall for sure. Being able to get a boot picker is a genuine plus of OpenCore, for sure, but my 7950 has me covered for the moment.

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
OK that's a lot to digest, but I did post a lot of questions. For the record I did succeed at installing Catalina using the boot-args method. I created a Catalina boot disk by using a hard drive enclosure and a supported Mac, a 2017 MBA. This boots with my flashed HD 7950 perfectly once I added the appropriate boot argument. (Note: I do occasionally drop in a non-flashed Vega 56 for video editing.) OS updates will NOT install, either with System Preferences or downloaded Combo Updaters. As I learned in my Hackintoshing days, however, the utility called Pacifist has no problem installing Apple updaters. For the time being, this is my preferred method and the most 'vanilla' install possible, despite not being able to use software update.

OpenCore to me seems like Clover, and Chameleon before it, tools used by the Hackintosh community to trick OS X into loading on unsupported hardware. To me this seems more like a 'hack' or 'non-vanilla' method than what I'm currently using, so I'm hesitant to try it. I'm also wary of risking my current Windows install. I believe it is UEFI, but I can't recall for sure. Being able to get a boot picker is a genuine plus of OpenCore, for sure, but my 7950 has me covered for the moment.
You are too focused on ancient hackintosh stuff, Clover can't even be run on a MP5,1 without bricking it while OpenCore was designed from the ground up with real Macs support.

A lot of OpenCore options were specifically tuned for MP5,1 and the OC developers used a lot of our suggestions/requests and ironed out specific MP5,1 problems like Windows SecureBoot or DRM support. See the OpenCore thread for posts by the OC developers.

Reactions: TheStork

RickyHunter

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2017
Spain
Hi there. I don't know if it's the correct thread.
I updated my cmp 4.1->5.1. I have Catalina installed, using opencore 6.0. I installed the os BEFORE upgrading RAM and CPUs. After that I started having ethernet stuttering, meaning it's flashing connected/disconnected more or less every second.
Do you know how can I fix this? I think it's the CPUs upgrade because I installed RAM some days before and had no issues. Everything is the same: ethernet port, switch, cable.
Thanks in advance.
No one has idea about how to solve this issue? Thx

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
No one has idea about how to solve this issue? Thx
Never read about this issue before.

Did you checked with a clean install + the standard cdf OC config to try to isolate any OC or macOS problems? If you did and still has it, maybe you should ask about your problem on OC thread itself, a lot more people follow there.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Still curious about people running Catalina 10.15.7 (with OpenCore) on a 5,1 – do you never see this watchdog timeout related Kernel Panic when waking the computer from sleep? Because I do from time to time and it's been like this since I installed Catalina last year (at version 10.15.2).

Here's my previous post about it in this thread:

I have tried to create a new APFS volume on my main drive and installed a fresh copy of Catalina there, but the problem remains. :(

Windows 10 always works fine to sleep and wake on the same computer. I do get a rare freeze when starting Window 10 (UEFI) at times – Windows logo is seen, but no "dotted spinning circle" underneath.

Anyway, let's focus on the Kernel Panic for now – am I really alone with this? Nothing you recognize @tsialex ?

Maybe start a new thread about this, sorry...

Last edited:

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Still curious about people running Catalina 10.15.7 (with OpenCore) – do you never see this watchdog timeout related Kernel Panic when waking the computer from sleep? Because I do from time to time and it's been like this since I installed Catalina last year (at version 10.15.2).

Here's my previous post about it in this thread:

I have tried to create a new APFS container on my main drive and installed a fresh copy of Catalina there, but the problem remains. :(

Windows 10 always works fine to sleep and wake on the same computer. I do get a rare freeze when starting Window 10 (UEFI) at times – Windows logo is seen, but no "dotted spinning circle" underneath.

Anyway, let's focus on the Kernel Panic for now – am I really alone with this? Nothing you recognize @tsialex ?

Maybe start a new thread about this, sorry...
Sorry, I never had it. Please make a complete post on the OC thread, lot's of eyes there and maybe someone knows anything.

Btw, let this thread die people, the main topic is now completely obsolete and people are splitting the OC topic posting here things that should be asked on the OC thread. Maybe it's even time to ask moderation to lock this one.

Reactions: star-affinity

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Sorry, I never had it. Please make a complete post on the OC thread, lot's of eyes there and maybe someone knows anything.

Btw, let this thread die people, the main topic is now completely obsolete and people are splitting the OC topic posting here things that should be asked on the OC thread. Maybe it's even time to ask moderation to lock this one.
Seems I already did post about it there back in August. :)

Anyway, I'll give it another shot. Really interesting to hear you never had that Kernel Panic, though!

Maybe it is in some way related to my GPU then (RX 5700 XT) which I installed when I went to Catalina from High Sierra. Hmm…

But there are so many people with different hardware configs seeing it: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...r.2222878/page-33?post=29091721#post-29091721

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Seems I already did post about it there back in August. :)

Anyway, I'll give it another shot. Really interesting to hear you never had that Kernel Panic, though!

Maybe it is in some way related to my GPU then (RX 5700 XT) which I installed when I went to Catalina from High Sierra. Hmm…

But there are so many people with different hardware configs seeing it: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...r.2222878/page-33?post=29091721#post-29091721
Extremely long shot, but one test that you can do is backup your Mac Pro BootROM with ROMTool and flash the 144.0.0.0.0 MP51.fd generic image from Mojave and see if you continue to get the KPs. At least you remove one thing from the equation.

Btw, only people with older Nehalem Xeons are reporting KPs waking from sleep with Mojave and Catalina, I don't remember ever seeing a Westmere doing it.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Extremely long shot, but one test that you can do is backup your Mac Pro BootROM with ROMTool and flash the 144.0.0.0.0 MP51.fd generic image from Mojave and see if you continue to get the KPs. At least you remove one thing from the equation.

Btw, only people with older Nehalem Xeons are reporting KPs waking from sleep with Mojave and Catalina, I don't remember ever seeing a Westmere doing it.
Thanks for the suggestion – always good to rule things out as much as possible. :)

At the same time (like I said) the problem seems really widespread affecting various Mac models. 37 pages on Apple's forums:
But maybe we all have a faulty BootROMs – who knows? ?‍♂️ ?

tsialex

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion – always good to rule things out as much as possible. :)

At the same time (like I said) the problem seems really widespread affecting various Mac models. 37 pages on Apple's forums:
But maybe we all have a faulty BootROMs – who knows? ?‍♂️ ?
Watchdog KPs are software related and I bet that the most probable culprit are the NAVI drivers. If it's really the GPU drivers, you can't do anything but wait for Apple to correct it, so I suggest that you check and methodically eliminate everything else that you can, then do a control test with another GPU that use more mature drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.