Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyberDoberman

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
cc bcc said:
Well that explains is then. But be happy, if I didn't miss that one post you couldn't act like a jackass. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, dear friend, that you percieve my intolerance with people who obviously have no comprehension skills as being an *******.

But hey, if the shoe fits...

I'll gladly take being an *******, if it means I can actually READ a freaking internet post without jumping to conclusions and showcasing my lack of intelligence for the entire billion+ internet population ;)

:p

i3iz

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2005
Anyone else want to integrate a remote control to their pb. why pay for something that wouldnt work as good as something that apple made? My wife and I watch movies on her pb in our bedroom, we just hook it up to the docking station and watch it on a big CRT. Poor kids, married young, cant all have 3 tVs like you rich business men.

But i know when giving presentations it is a huge bene to have a well integrated remote with great range.

Updated Wants:
7448 Dual core or something that increases the speed over 30%
Better Battery life
Anodized Black AL
Slimmer profile
Faster HDD (Flash memory would be cool too, Samsung? :-( )
Better GCard, give me motion 2 unhindered
MORE RAM slots
two button track pad so i can use my other hand for supporting my lazy body
remote control
FW400 & 800
PCIe
Hi res Screen give me 1080 on 15"

unwants:
camera
2 ram slots
Slow FSB
Minor Speed bumps
I dont not want a not worst design that the sony vaio.

If you cant provide me with a pbook that meets those specs

give me a PDA/Tablet mac
make it the top of the line g4 you can offer
strip the optical drive
fw400 is fine and some usb 2
make this sucker thin and durable.
This will take the place of my mac, and allow me to dock it for home use of some sort.

Even if i can just pluck the screen off the top of my laptop and take it with me that would be innovative.

Then you could do away with pbs and use this as a go between for my workstations.

15-17 and 20 in tablet macs
take the screen leave the keyboard behind.

with 15-20in of real estate you could have a virtual keyboard on the screen.

inkwell???

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
CyberDoberman said:
I'm sorry, dear friend, that you percieve my intolerance with people who obviously have no comprehension skills as being an *******.

But hey, if the shoe fits...

I'll gladly take being an *******, if it means I can actually READ a freaking internet post without jumping to conclusions and showcasing my lack of intelligence for the entire billion+ internet population ;)

:p

You know, this is a community forum, people can ask questions here. I asked a question because I didn't understand something. I have missed one post in 3 pages of replies that would have made me understand. I see absolutely no need for that kind of high heeled response that you made. You could have just told me what was going on you know.. But I forgive you, you are new here.

CyberDoberman

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
ok guys... I am mobile so this will be brief...

just returned from some recon work... and I don't have specs... but I do have prices and model numbers...

first, powerbooks... new in the system are 2 powermacs...

15" is M9969LL/A and 1999
17" is M9970LL/A and 2499

powermacs are...

good...M9590LL/A and 1999
better... M9591LL/A and 2499

looks like the "BEST" version may not be available retail... or it hasn,t made it into inventory yet...

I know its lame without specs... but we are trying to get them later tonight when we can get to the inventory room..

peace out

seriypshick

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2005
Everywhere
super mini (mac said:
17 inch is huge, hy would they make a 20"

i was gonna get a 17 then say to my boss ah i havr the largest u have the smallest (his pb is a 12") lol, but idont think a 20" would be 2 beneficial to me unless it had soem special feature on it that was only available on that 1 model
I want 30'. :D Kidding

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
seriypshick said:
I want 30'. :D Kidding
30'?!* :eek: If you were serious, that would take 5 humans lying diagonally to stretch across the screen :p
Though you could imagine how thin it would be... Each powerbook has been rolled with a rolling pin more than the last :D

*Yeah I am aware you probably meant 30"

Renegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
Luxembourg
Josh396 said:
Just out of curiosity, what do the current Power Macs lack that makes you not want to buy one now? I could see if you were comparing the 2.0 to the 2.3, but I don't think the 2.3 is terribly overpriced. Maybe that's just me though.
I guess its all about productivity. If you are encoding videos/DVD's, rendering animations or processing photos every bit translates into a lot of dollars saved versus a comparable low investment.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
CyberDoberman said:

just returned from some recon work... and I don't have specs... but I do have prices and model numbers...

powermacs are...

looks like the "BEST" version may not be available retail... or it hasn,t made it into inventory yet...

I know its lame without specs... but we are trying to get them later tonight when we can get to the inventory room..

peace out

PB money seems right for not much more spec improvement.

PMs would want some serious bumps to hold their prices at that for what is likley to be 8 months or more.

Renegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
Luxembourg
Josh396 said:
Just out of curiosity, what do the current Power Macs lack that makes you not want to buy one now? I could see if you were comparing the 2.0 to the 2.3, but I don't think the 2.3 is terribly overpriced. Maybe that's just me though.
I don't understand why there are 3 versions anyway,except for professional (and thats why it is PRO) uses where every bit counts against productivity.

Renegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
Luxembourg
i3iz said:
Anyone else want to integrate a remote control to their pb. why pay for something that wouldnt work as good as something that apple made? My wife and I watch movies on her pb in our bedroom, we just hook it up to the docking station and watch it on a big CRT. Poor kids, married young, cant all have 3 tVs like you rich business men.

But i know when giving presentations it is a huge bene to have a well integrated remote with great range.

Updated Wants:
7448 Dual core or something that increases the speed over 30%
Better Battery life
Anodized Black AL
Slimmer profile
Faster HDD (Flash memory would be cool too, Samsung? :-( )
Better GCard, give me motion 2 unhindered
MORE RAM slots
two button track pad so i can use my other hand for supporting my lazy body
remote control
FW400 & 800
PCIe
Hi res Screen give me 1080 on 15"

unwants:
camera
2 ram slots
Slow FSB
Minor Speed bumps
I dont not want a not worst design that the sony vaio.

If you cant provide me with a pbook that meets those specs

give me a PDA/Tablet mac
make it the top of the line g4 you can offer
strip the optical drive
fw400 is fine and some usb 2
make this sucker thin and durable.
This will take the place of my mac, and allow me to dock it for home use of some sort.

Even if i can just pluck the screen off the top of my laptop and take it with me that would be innovative.

Then you could do away with pbs and use this as a go between for my workstations.

15-17 and 20 in tablet macs
take the screen leave the keyboard behind.

with 15-20in of real estate you could have a virtual keyboard on the screen.

inkwell???

I am using a wireless keyboard to remote control my movies not that thats the most satisfying thing i do with my wife.

JRM PowerPod

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2005
Outback Australia
CyberDoberman said:

powermacs are...

peace out

YOU WON'T FIND THEM!!!!!!!

THE "BEST" Model is still the 2.7GHZ

A joke if you ask me

s00p

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2005
Great work, Sherlock!

You ass goblins. Apple ALWAYS sells their desktops for 1,999 and 2,999. What the hell kind of sleuthing is this? Excellent detective work, guys!

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
s00p said:
You ass goblins. Apple ALWAYS sells their desktops for 1,999 and 2,999. What the hell kind of sleuthing is this? Excellent detective work, guys!

Now we learn the prices aren't right either. So it was a boneheaded, easy prediction to make, and wrong to boot.

Anyone in agreement that this was the worst rumor ever?

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
UK, ENGLAND
wordmunger said:
Now we learn the prices aren't right either. So it was a boneheaded, easy prediction to make, and wrong to boot.

Anyone in agreement that this was the worst rumor ever?

i think it was shugar lumps too. we all knew powerbooks were coming, but we should have been told about the range being reduced, thats what was more imortant, than there will be products about 1999 - 2999 i think type of posting

they are cheeper too, but i could have rigged up exactly what i wanted with the old choice.

i wanted smaller hdd more ram, and a 128 g-card on a 17 inch, if i get a refurb 1 ill only have to mess about with it.

and what is the point of having a choice between a 5400 rpm 120 gig hdd and a 7200 rpm 100gig hdd

go for the 100, and back everything up on a hdd like i do, id rather have a faster hdd then a larger capacity one. (couldnt you get a 80gb one for a price reduction of £60 with the old models?)

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Rod Rod said:
Go into System Preferences to enable trackpad clicking. :)

Why do you continue to ignore my post and pm's? We had a deal to trade my iSight for your Airport Express, you received the iSight Oct. 5 and never sent my Airport.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
super mini (mac said:
iwouldnt have swapped

I hardly used the iSight, the Airport Express on the other hand is something I would have put to use everyday had I received it. I've had nothing but great experiences with the MacRumors Marketplace, that is until Rod Rod came along. :mad:

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
UK, ENGLAND
dan-o-mac said:
I hardly used the iSight, the Airport Express on the other hand is something I would have put to use everyday had I received it. I've had nothing but great experiences with the MacRumors Marketplace, that is until Rod Rod came along. :mad:

i wish i had known u wanted to sell i would have paid paypal for it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.