Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
while i wait for the Max Stand i got a funny idea of using the legacy rose gold iphone dock with my pink airpods max not feasible but it surprisingly works for charging ?

Attachments

• 8EE4333C-44C5-43BD-89EB-AE66F33663BF.jpeg
    8EE4333C-44C5-43BD-89EB-AE66F33663BF.jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 327

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
So many of these aren't designed to accommodate the headphones when they're in the carrier case. I can't be the only one who keeps them in it.

Reactions: NARadyk

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
+1 for the Benks in terms of price, quality, and design

Best stand out there but can’t endorse due to deceptive marketing

will update if they acknowledge and offer a rebate or something

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
View attachment 1772646

Stand comparison with a few stands from this thread

deceptive marketing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Airpodsmax/comments/mql61d
I dont get the point of your video. You are outraged that some of the comments are fake yet they turned out to be 100% on target. You say you will be satisfied if they offer a discount but the already do. Basically, you created a sales video for them. I am not saying that is wrong, unless you lied about how good it actually is... What's odd is that you chose some of the worst stands and left others out.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
I dont get the point of your video. You are outraged that some of the comments are fake yet they turned out to be 100% on target. You say you will be satisfied if they offer a discount but the already do. Basically, you created a sales video for them. I am not saying that is wrong, unless you lied about how good it actually is... What's odd is that you chose some of the worst stands and left others out.
The aim was to be as impartial and objective as possible. If the stand’s great then that’s what I’ll say. If the fake comments were right but fake then that itself is bad practice. Hope that clarifies

In terms of other stands being great options you’re right. The second stand was pricier than the first but great on its own too. The aim was to focus on the Benks stand and the comparison was an afterthought, I compared to stands I had on hand for personal use (and for a comparison video would have bought a number of other stands)

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I love my Benks stand but found I'd have to charge the APM much more often as without the magnets in the case disconnecting the bluetooth it was draining the battery when not using.

Remembered I had a neodymium magnet somewhere, found it and attached it to the stand (handily the stand is steel).

I wasn't sure it would work as the cups are about an inch away from the magnet, but it works!
?

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

SamPotts

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Banks has just released a black version of their stand, which I've ordered. I have the silver/white but it looks a little odd on my desk with everything else being black or space gray.

Given it's turned out to be a decent product, I'm not too bothered about the fake posts/users.

Last edited:
Reactions: UltraInstinct

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I've ordered the black version as well. Like you I'm not that bothered about the fake reviews, I've been really pleased with the stand. I'll be giving the white version away to a family member.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I backed the Max Stand on Kickstarter but I have my doubts that the product will be released this year, if released at all. They marketed the stand like they had a finished product ready to mass produce and in reality they only had a design for what they wanted the stand to actually be.

They are way behind from the May shipment they promised when they started this and they keep running into issues trying to get a final design workable. Too bad because it looked like a killer stand for the APM. Getting these out this year would be a miracle if they even get one designed that will work right at all.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I backed the Max Stand on Kickstarter but I have my doubts that the product will be released this year, if released at all. They marketed the stand like they had a finished product ready to mass produce and in reality they only had a design for what they wanted the stand to actually be.

They are way behind from the May shipment they promised when they started this and they keep running into issues trying to get a final design workable. Too bad because it looked like a killer stand for the APM. Getting these out this year would be a miracle if they even get one designed that will work right at all.
Is that the Floating Pixel Stand? I backed the same stand, need to check my emails to see what's happening with it. Haven't checked for a while.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Is that the Floating Pixel Stand? I backed the same stand, need to check my emails to see what's happening with it. Haven't checked for a while.

Yeah that's the one. I'm sure they have every intention of coming through with their product, but they are way off from the impression they gave to backers when they started the project. All they really have is a design for the stand and don't have a workable model. They keep running into issues and are still a long way off from production. I get these things happen, but these guys had a ship date of May and its most likely they won't ship this year, if ever.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Yeah that's the one. I'm sure they have every intention of coming through with their product, but they are way off from the impression they gave to backers when they started the project. All they really have is a design for the stand and don't have a workable model. They keep running into issues and are still a long way off from production. I get these things happen, but these guys had a ship date of May and its most likely they won't ship this year, if ever.
Oh right thanks for the update, completely forgot about the stand. That's a bad show giving the impression they were further on than they actually are. Saw they've put something on Indiegogo, estimating June 21 for shipping.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Oh right thanks for the update, completely forgot about the stand. That's a bad show giving the impression they were further on than they actually are. Saw they've put something on Indiegogo, estimating June 21 for shipping.

Yeah these guys are full of it. They claim on Indiegogo that they are ready to go into full production and that is a complete lie. I hate it when people pull this stuff. Just be honest and people will have way more respect for what you are doing.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Looks nice, I haven't received mine yet. Seems like the tracking is all over the place just like the silver version I ordered. I'm sure it'll be here soon.

Reactions: japanime

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
The black Benks stand came this week. Nice to have the black to match the sideboard in my office and white to match the sill it sits on in the lounge.

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    624.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4603.jpeg
    IMG_4603.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 161

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
The black Benks stand came this week. Nice to have the black to match the sideboard in my office and white to match the sill it sits on in the lounge.
Noice, haven't had any movement in the tracking for mine since the 27th. Needs to hurry up!

Reactions: Pug72

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
My black Benks stand just cleared customs, hopefully should be with me tomorrow or Thursday. This one has taken nearly twice as long to get here than the silver.

Last edited:

SamPotts

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Sydney, Australia
If it's any conciliation, mine was the same. It took an extra week compared to the silver one. The delays for me were on this end (Australia) though. It got to Australia in a few days and then sat on a shelf in Sydney for ~10 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.