Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EndOfLine

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2020
Hey. I've been reading MacRumors for years and recently noticed there's a forum! For years I wanted to get into iOS development and now I've developed a couple apps. Excited to share what I've made!

Reactions: Locke Cole

HopefullSisyfus

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2020
Europe
Hello Fellow Newbie's and regulars,

I am a happy user of all apple products sinds beginning of 2000. and got my first macbook 2007 as a music student.
Now i still use and advise friends and family to use Apple products!

Very pleased to see such happy helpfull community

My favorite occupations : my Mac, Music and Belgian Beer.

iex

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2020
Hello !

I'm new to the forum. My last Apple computer was an Ibook G4 and now I'm thinking to buy a Ipad Pro.

Pascal

TonyRPHL

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
Howdy, longtime lurker because I'm a DIY upgrade and homelab enthusiast. Right now I'm upgrading a cMP 4,1.

TonyRPHL

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
Where can I find all the rules for Newbies? Like how many posts one has to make to get restrictions lifted, etc...?

midiflunky

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2019
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hello all. PC enthusiast. PC technician. Love computers and technology. Just getting into repairing and diagnosing mac's. First impressions, apple makes beautiful hardware from the inside and out. Really high quality stuff. I've currently only own a 2012 a1466 I bought off of Craigslist with the intentions of it being a project and it's definitely turned into that. ?

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Morning all.

Having been aware of and visiting the site for years, I have finally given in and registered.

Live in Wales (currently a part of the UK).

Have an iPhone 6S - which I got at a good price shortly after it came out. Generally happy with it.

However, in the last year or so, the battery has become very, shall I say, fragile? It can be fully charged, yet drop to less than 20% just by being carried around for a few hours. Yesterday, it went from about half-charged to 1% in about two hours. Plugged it in and was back to 47% after five minutes. IOS claims it is at 83% maximum capacity, while I feel it is more like 50%. New battery seems like a waste - rather put the money towards a replacement. (I did replace the battery in partner's 5C myself - which was fun. But it didn't actually last that well.) A powerpack and car USB outlet have become my constant travelling companions.

I'd like:
Better battery life;
A larger screen;
More storage (currently only 16GB);
Better camera;
More sensitive and power-efficient 3G/4G and wifi communication.

Shall probably get an iPhone 12 shortly after release. Whether it will do everything I'd like? I don't know. Expect disappointment with telephoto/optical zoom.

My most used apps are (probably) the Guardian newspaper (for which I pay), Mail, Safari, sometimes Here We Go, the HealthUnlocked app (which I almost never use - preferring to use the browser - and have just deleted), and the UK Met Office app. Have come to appreciate PlantNet - a lot.

I use a pair of Xiaomi ear pods - which I find excellent and relatively inexpensive (about £25).

LadyBlue007

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2020
Hello! My name is Shelly and I just registered here today. I have used Apple products for years (mostly Ipads and a Mac). I joined to learn how to get the most out of my Ipads (particularly since Distance Learning has started) and to offer any information I come across that is accurate and helpful.

Aratim

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello everyone.
I am looking forward to exciting discussions. Apple lover since iPhone 3G.
Best regards from Switzerland.

Nordgreen

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
United States
Newbie here. I love to collect antique watches. Right now I am looking for large men's watches. This is my first post to this forum wanted to say hello to all. I hope I will enjoy this community.

Kristoffer Holten.

Madrus

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
Hi all. Long time PC & Windows user, help desk, tech support, etc since the days of Windows 3. Also a complete Mac virgin. Now I'm retired and I've got hold of an old iMac 9,1. Time to see what I've been missing out on.

ERHiMac

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
Near Fremantle, Australia
New to this forum but been a full-blown Mac user since my purchase of a plastic unibody MacBook in late 2009 and then a 27" iMac in October 2010 - never had any issues of note until the HS 2020-004 security update. Thanks for the welcome - I'm near Fremantle in Western Australia.

AKKHAN

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Hi!

I‘m one of those hardcore user where even apple support has no clue.
that’s why I thought I’ll connect with people who need help and who are better than me!
let’s hope for the best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.