Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParzivalR

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello! :D
My name is Rodrigo, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm an enthusiast of old Macintosh. I'm in the second year of Electronic Engineering at the National University of La Matanza (UNLaM). Hello everyone and I'm happy to be part of this community. We read each other! Regards! :)

Reactions: Locke Cole

Iactura

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2020
Bear. Delaware
Hello all. I m an old Apple user by at least two definitions: My first Apple was a Lisa, connected to a Chem Lab Chromatograph to record results. Worked great, but with a tiny screen about the size of my current phone. I regret to say my current phone is an Android by Samsung. I am retired(so you know I m chronologically old as well, I remember reading weekly magazines with all the latest news from the War in Europe, not so much about the Pacific) I am posting this from a MacBook Pro, eight years old but it still accepted the latest Catalina OS. The machine has its own bad habits (like it will not shut down completely), keys that stick and a idiosyncratic response on the touch pad. I am waiting for delivery of the new 13" MacBook Pro. My wife agreed to buy it for my birthday present. She is a very loving and understanding partner. I will probably be checking out the forums here because I know there have been many changes in the last eight years. The Pandemic means I cannot run to the Apple Store, which is actually within running distance (three miles) if I were not such a couch potato. Iactura.

Jimbo617

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone!!! I’ve been a MacRumors lurker on here and am happy to be making myself known!! I am in the market for a new MacBook so I have decided to interact more often!

Peege2308

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2020
Hi everybody,

I found these forums last week and after reading a few threads decided to sign up so I can participate a bit.

I've been an iPhone user since 2011 with an iPhone 4S, have gone through the 5S, 6S, and now on an 8 Plus which is holding up nicely. Also have a 5th gen iPad.

Was an avid PC user back in the day but got a 13" Macbook Pro in 2017. My first one, and despite the regular users criticising the touchbar and removal of other features i've personally loved it.

I feel like I don't get the most out of my devices, especially my Macbook, and so i'm keen to scour the forums and learn a bit.

Cheers!

Adadrian

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2020
Brisbane,Australia
Hi guys, new to the forums.long time apple user here from Australia! Looking to meet some apple lovers and make friends with a passion as deep as me for apple products! I started my love with Apple as a kid on the macintosh playing math blaster, my first iPhone was the 3GS (which I still have and it works) love apple!!! Holla! Atm I use iphone11pro max, Apple Watch 5. max book pro, iPad Pro and Mac mini for my main tv.

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Hello from another long-standing lurker!
I have been hiding in the shadows here on macrumors for a few years now, after purchasing a clamshell iBook on eBay and looking for information on restoring it. I found the PowerPC forum VERY helpful, yet never had reason to participate at the time.
With the family now making the move to iPhone and the purchase of a used MacBook Air for my partner and her University degree, I thought it was about time to say hello.
I look forward to getting involved, finally.

Rico Muerte

macrumors member
May 19, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Howdy guys & girls!
New to this group but not new to the Apple online community - been a member of the Apple support forums since 2006!
Had been wanting to join this group but never got around to it until tonight...no idea why!
Got my 1st Mac back in 2005 - 99 G3 iMac I bought from a flatmate at the time & I was hooked!
Then was given a G4 Power Mac about 6 months later & have never looked back!
Intel 17" iMac was next, 13" BlackBook, then a 24" 2009 iMac, 2009 MacBook Pro, a bunch of 3,1 Mac Pros, & then a couple of 5,1 Mac Pros.
Now days I just still have & use my 2009 MBP upgraded to dual HDs (240 SSD boot & 750gb files drive), & 8gb ram.
My desktop is a dual 6 core 2012 Mac Pro with 32gb ram (stock 5780 GPU :().
I also have 3 x 30" Cinema displays but am only using 1 as it's not practical to use all 3 with my current desk & GPU.
Here's a pic of the one time 1 tried to use all 3 screens:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.03.54 am.png

Glad I finally got around to joining & keen to get involved with the community!

Cheers

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Howdy guys & girls!
New to this group but not new to the Apple online community - been a member of the Apple support forums since 2006!
Had been wanting to join this group but never got around to it until tonight...no idea why!
Got my 1st Mac back in 2005 - 99 G3 iMac I bought from a flatmate at the time & I was hooked!
Then was given a G4 Power Mac about 6 months later & have never looked back!
Intel 17" iMac was next, 13" BlackBook, then a 24" 2009 iMac, 2009 MacBook Pro, a bunch of 3,1 Mac Pros, & then a couple of 5,1 Mac Pros.
Now days I just still have & use my 2009 MBP upgraded to dual HDs (240 SSD boot & 750gb files drive), & 8gb ram.
My desktop is a dual 6 core 2012 Mac Pro with 32gb ram (stock 5780 GPU :().
I also have 3 x 30" Cinema displays but am only using 1 as it's not practical to use all 3 with my current desk & GPU.
Here's a pic of the one time 1 tried to use all 3 screens:

View attachment 916722

Glad I finally got around to joining & keen to get involved with the community!

Cheers

Welcome to Macrumors and thanks for joining the community. Nice cMac Pro workstation you got there. They still rock and help bring home the bacon. :) Enjoy the forum discussions.

Reactions: Rico Muerte

infelix

macrumors member
May 23, 2020
Hi,

Long time lurker, just registered. I've gotten a good impression of this forum and decided to finally join in, in the discussions.

I first got involved in computers back in the 80s and it has been a big part of my life since then. My first Apple device was my first smartphone, a 3gs back when they became available here in Sweden. After that got old I almost completely switched to Android for my phones and tablets up until I got an iPad Air and after that I got an Apple TV 4k and a newer iPad 6th gen. After that I made the decision to go back to an iPhone, and ended up with an XR that serves me very well.

Right now I'm looking at upgrading my iPad to a Pro 12.9" in July, to use as my main device. I have a Linux/Windows desktop at home but I spend most of my time at my girlfriends apartment so I need a portable machine.

So far I've never owned a Mac but the next time I'm upgrading my computer I'm probably going to get a MacBook Pro.

Reactions: arn and Locke Cole

dUnKle

macrumors regular
May 28, 2020
Hi. Been a member for awhile, but as one who has just sought advice and for who it never dawned on me just how big and nice a community it could be.

jusy got my first Mac after being an iPhone and iPad user for years, so imagine be plenty more questions. So just wanted to say thanks in advance

nothingtoseehere

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2020
Hi there!
Got my first "Apple" in 1984, a II+, but to be honest, it was a clone which was legal in Germany then. It ran with something called "Diversi-DOS", several times faster than Apple DOS 3.3 :)
About 1990, I switched to PCs. In the 2010s, my first smartphone was an iPhone 5, and subsequently, I bought a Mac - Macbook Pro Early 2015. Great machine, still in daily use.
I am reading a lot here, especially when deciding on new purchases. Very helpful forum ?

iChriscr

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2020
Costa Rica
Hi everybody! I love to check MacRumors everyday and read the articles and user´s discussions.

I am a relative new user of Mac Os (since july 2018 when I bought my first MBP, my first Apple product). I had horrible experiences with Windows "turtle" laptops ?, I don´t never want to come back to those days.

I like technology despite of I´m not a technician. I am mainly interested in Mac Os and Macbooks.

Regards from Costa Rica ??, Central America, Latin America, wish you best days in quarantine!

ernstinvisiblelubitsch

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
hi there, I’ve been checking this forum a lot recently as we get closer to WWDC20.

I’m mainly interested in the iMac and iPad, and I use apple products for both general entertainment as well as video editing.

best regards to everyone from los angeles, california!

Reactions: Locke Cole and arn

barkbark

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...
Absolutely ridiculous requirement. Why not two years? Even safer no? Feel free to throw me out for voicing my opinion. Yes very tolerant indeed.

All... will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce...).... only... will be allowed ....
Ooh, so much power you have. I should bow down.

Discuss away...
Thank you, oh Mighty One, for granting me the right to talk

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.
Hi, I'm Bill, and I'm angry.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Absolutely ridiculous requirement. Why not two years? Even safer no? Feel free to throw me out for voicing my opinion. Yes very tolerant indeed.

To be fair, that post was written 18 years ago. We could update the rules.

arn

barkbark

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
To be fair, that post was written 18 years ago. We could update the rules.

arn
Thanks for the reply, but let's be honest here: why haven't you updated this rule in 18 years? Probably because of the same reason you wrote it in the first place. I'll stop here with respect.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks for the reply, but let's be honest here: why haven't you updated this rule in 18 years? Probably because of the same reason you wrote it in the first place. I'll stop here with respect.

Mostly because it's just a forum post that I wrote spontaneously that just ended up being the thread that sent new people post to. I haven't read it closely in years, maybe even more than a decade. We can revisit it. That said it seems we tried this before and it didn't work out... at least according to 2002 me. I don't actually remember the specifics.

barkbark

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
Can you please lift the two-month ban restriction for me, I'd really like to reply to a recent post, thank you

Geoff777

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2020
Hi all, thanks for having me! Been using Macs since late 80's or early 90's (forget, you can forgive someone my age that!).
Been a regular on the Apple Support community for a long time but finding it harder and harder to get good advice.
Posted a Q about Apple Pay on an iMac on the iMac part as the Apple Pay community looks completely dead... but twice they moved it from iMac community to Apple Pay.... sheesh!
This community seems very helpful, and if I can offer any advice or tips, I will.
Cheers

Reactions: arn

xandercusa

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2020
Morgantown, WV
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around here for many months, but I finally created an account. I play around with many Apple devices, including the IIgs, some PPC Macs, a couple of Xserves, several Macbooks, and more. This community has helped me many times and I hope to be able to give back, even though I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as some of the other people around here.

Luna Murasaki

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
Hello. I've lurked here for years and it's where I get most of my Apple news. I don't have nearly the level of experience with Apple products that a lot of people on here seem to - I think my first Mac was a 2008 Mac Mini. But I used Windows and Linux for a long time before I finally decided it was worth the money to switch to Appleland, and I'm not computer illiterate. I'm right now using a 2018 MacBook Pro, 2020 iPad Pro, iPhone 11, Apple Watch Series 4, an Apple TV 4K, and a Homepod. I also use Windows and Linux through VMs and plan to get a Windows computer for PC games soon. I did use Android at one point but that was ages ago and I don't even have a way to run it anymore.

I think I have a lot of unorthodox opinions about this stuff. I don't like to "me too" things, so I probably won't post very much unless I think I have something new to add to the discussion that hasn't already been said yet. I tend to read entire threads before posting even if they are very long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.